Sony Playstation 5 Reveal? [The Great Awaitening] [HangOver Day: 2020-03-18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What hopes? What do you think is going to happen? Everyone's going to board the XBox train irrespective of what PS5 ends up being simply because they've had their mind made up now?

I don't understand why having a message now is better than having one later. An alternative take is XBSX will be old news and boring come August when Sony can slap down PS news and goodness and get everyone talking. AFAICS it makes absolutely no difference when the message is made as long as it's made ahead of release and kept in the consumer's consciousness.
I mean your comment is exactly what I been saying. You are trying to push the best case scenario where there is nothing. The hopefulness keeps you going.

Yeah, but they could have just not said anything if they weren't ready to start their plan for consumer messaging.

If I remember right the wired article was justified by "getting ahead of the inevitable leaks that occur once hw is given to developers". Anything exact like clockspeeds, size of ssd etc. was unlikely to come out this fiscal year. To me it looks like sony had a plan and is following the plan.

So the devs have had hardware for some time now (right), and no actual solid leaks are coming from them. I don't think Sony had to get ahead of anything.

I mean your comment is exactly what I been saying. You are trying to push the best case scenario where there is nothing. The hopefulness keeps you going.
What's the best case scenario? that PS5 actually exists and will one day be released? What's the reality check for me? Lay out what's actually going to happen and what the damage to the PS brand/platform is.

What's the best case scenario? that PS5 actually exists and will one day be released? What's the reality check for me? Lay out what's actually going to happen and what the damage to the PS brand/platform is.
I mean releasing all info at the last minute could have many possible outcomes, some bad, some good. You choose to highlight one of the best ones.

So the devs have had hardware for some time now (right), and no actual solid leaks are coming from them. I don't think Sony had to get ahead of anything.

SSD, no load time, ray tracing and things of that nature would have leaked. Instead those became fairly abstract selling point officially given out in wired article. Maybe microsoft knows performance/price sony targets, maybe not. Maybe devs know the final specs or maybe not.

I used a positive example to highlight that it could be good as I thought you were saying it was gonna be bad for Sony and people were living in denial.

I've argued all along the different possible outcomes; the only certainty is it's not bad to be silent at this point. It's not bad. It's not anything. This isn't a human relationship where you're worried the silent party is giving you the cold shoulder and is maybe seeing someone else! It's only bad when Sony release PS5 on the market without having told anyone.

Any bets that will microsoft let sony have their moment when ps5 specs come out or is it going to be instant and aggressive pr counter?

I think aggressive counter-move. MS will want to wrestle attention away from Sony. With the hardware out, MS may focus on games, exclusives, services, etc.

Well. I hate to be right and I hate to be a party pooper even more but, MS today came out in full force. The specs are monstrous. We forum goers love this, will talk about it for ages. Even I, a PlayStation guy, I’m hella impressed and kinda tempted by what was shown.

And yet, neither MS nor Xbox have been trending today on any media, even in the UK and certainly not in the US, which are by far their biggest territory.

It’s not the right time.

I’d be absolutely shocked if Sony decide to come out now as a response to MS, and allow themselves to be swallowed up by the news cycle. Not for the one brand that has been almost single-handedly keeping them afloat through years of pain.

EDIT: NEVER MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Well. I hate to be right and I hate to be a party pooper even more but, MS today came out in full force. The specs are monstrous. We forum goers love this, will talk about it for ages. Even I, a PlayStation guy, I’m hella impressed and kinda tempted by what was shown.

And yet, neither MS nor Xbox have been trending today on any media, even in the UK and certainly not in the US, which are by far their biggest territory.

It’s not the right time.

I’d be absolutely shocked if Sony decide to come out now as a response to MS, and allow themselves to be swallowed up by the news cycle. Not for the one brand that has been almost single-handedly keeping them afloat through years of pain.
Specs for geeks in forums. No video, no trend. You know how it works these days. Hell they'd be trending now if they had a video of a cat lying on top of the xsx.

Speaking of, I don't think there's a better time than now to come out with a full video barage for the ps5. Everyone at home, a captive audience.

It’s not the right time.

I mean, the Austin Evans Series X hands on video (I find that guy kinda annoying) has racked up 1.1 million views in 12 hours (and it's badged #3 trending in gaming when I looked, contrary to what you said), quite a good deal more than his other recent vids.

And too be honest reset era next gen speculation threads have been pretty much the most popular and active on the site for months, even above Nintendo threads.

I more get a feeling the core gamers are sitting around waiting for the next gen. Cyberpunk could have kept us busy, but of course it got delayed.

I really want this thing to have some crazy Intel or NVidia designed APU so we have something unique going on. ;)

I know it would be a ridiculously bold move, but maybe they should show some new games instead of hyperboles about specs and presenting game changers that aren't.

New game console.... New games...

I know it would be a ridiculously bold move, but maybe they should show some new games instead of hyperboles about specs and presenting game changers that aren't.

New game console.... New games...

Too early, probably. Actually though you're right, if we're waiting another month+ for Ps5 reveal, they probably will. Sounds right up Sony's alley anyway.

But if they do that and dont talk about GPU Flops I'm just gonna presume it's 9 TF lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back