Sony Playstation 5 Reveal? [The Great Awaitening] [HangOver Day: 2020-03-18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know what episode that was?
It was back in December. I flagged it in the baseless thread at the time. If you can't find it there, hit up the resetera OT nextgen speculation thread - post 1 always has a long list of credible citations wrt information and sources.

Most don't even know what all those numbers mean, TF, Gb/s, gddr6 or hbm, 'gigarays', bits.... All they hear is 'no or fast loading', supercharged pc arch, voice control, and 8k, 3d audio, and perhaps ray tracing as a feature. Think of people in your surroundings, how many of them are intrested in the tech numbers when buying a console? How many that bought the Pro over the One X knows the TF metrics of both?

on PS3 era, the "supercomputer in your home" marketing works great.
on PS4 era i dont know what the marketing buzz was... i simply buy it due to the exclusives as xbox 1 didnt have any (on the contrary, on PS3 era was gonna go for PS3 but in the end i go with X360 due to its crazy amounts of exclusive at launch)

but from when i visited samsung, and tv showroom, people usually blindly believe the salesperson and bigger numbers. So its quite amusing to see sales person trying to tell 4K is better than 1080p hahahahaha.
hmm, i guess thats why TVs in Indonesia still prominently list 1080p depite its a 4K set.

We have a huge economic crisis coming, I wouldn't be surprised if both consoles are delayed until 2021. Things are escalating pretty quickly.

We have a huge economic crisis coming, I wouldn't be surprised if both consoles are delayed until 2021. Things are escalating pretty quickly.
Don't think so.
With people forced to stay at home a new console is a blessing (I assure you I'm now at home, I live in Italy)... on the opposite if they manage to bring it earlier they will. Also maybe expensiver stuffs like travels and such will be cutted (also because of health concerns) but not stuffs that make you survive closed at home.

Excuse are flowing for Sony fans even as Microsoft keeps on their marketing roadmap no problem with more and more info coming out.

With how little info is coming from Sony, how long can people hold out their hopes for?

In all seriousness... This is all assuming consoles manage to release this year, with China manufacturing resuming in June. I think some Sony will kick things off during the summer season, perhaps around July.

Excuse are flowing for Sony fans even as Microsoft keeps on their marketing roadmap no problem with more and more info coming out.

With how little info is coming from Sony, how long can people hold out their hopes for?

Microsoft are sticking to their marketing roadmap. Do any of us know Sony's marketing roadmap to know whether they're sticking to it?

They've commented before that they like Apple's style of announcing products, and they tried that with the PS4Pro. Maybe they'll announce the PS5 a week before it's released, maybe one month, maybe six. We don't know.

There's no need start sneering just because you want confirmation that your toaster is better than the toaster of a stranger on the internet.

There's no need start sneering just because you want confirmation that your toaster is better than the toaster of a stranger on the internet.
Toasters gunna toast. I'm more amused by people holding out hopes for a toaster without any solid info rather than the toaster that has real specs and a defined shape.

I'm not buying a new toaster. I already have a toaster.

What hopes? What do you think is going to happen? Everyone's going to board the XBox train irrespective of what PS5 ends up being simply because they've had their mind made up now?

I don't understand why having a message now is better than having one later. An alternative take is XBSX will be old news and boring come August when Sony can slap down PS news and goodness and get everyone talking. AFAICS it makes absolutely no difference when the message is made as long as it's made ahead of release and kept in the consumer's consciousness.

To me it looks like sony is following their long term ps5 launch plan. Last April sony said they would not divulge ps5 specifics during this fiscal year. The fiscal year for sony ends at end of March.

Then why did they have that Wired Article about PS5?

Yeah, but they could have just not said anything if they weren't ready to start their plan for consumer messaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back