Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Tommy Fisher an ex-insider on Gaf who leaked both XsX and PS5's specs has literally got XsX's TF count and SSD speed right almost down to the last decimal, direct quote from him "12.1TF with 52CU @ 1.82Ghz"! Guess what his number for PS5 is:cool:?
13.3 TF
And he's the only insider on the net who's got Xbox's numbers right as of now. Lucky guess? I don't think so...:rolleyes:

Wasn´t the XSX GPU on Github a 56 CU GPU at 1675 Mhz unit?

According to Eurogamer, Microsoft revealed a 52 CU GPU at 1825 Mhz.

So github was not correct for this APU either!

Nope, its intra-GPU bandwidth. Data is messy, but its same formula used for Oberon and from numbers, it is obvious 2.0GHz is used (and 1.675MHz for Arden).
2ghz here we come.

"97 TOPS for 4-bit integer operations." Beat that Sony :runaway: Lol can't wait for the fanboy numbers game this gen. This was another good one "Series X can effectively tap the equivalent of well over 25 TFLOPs of performance while ray tracing." :runaway:
They learned from the master (Cerny) with his infamous 8.4 tflops available on Pro ! But why would they do such pre-emptive PR ? :LOL:

So Tommy Fisher an ex-insider on Gaf who leaked both XsX and PS5's specs has literally got XsX's TF count and SSD speed right almost down to the last decimal, direct quote from him "12.1TF with 52CU @ 1.82Ghz"! Guess what his number for PS5 is:cool:?
13.3 TF
And he's the only insider on the net who's got Xbox's numbers right as of now. Lucky guess? I don't think so...:rolleyes:

He did, no denying that.

*khm* *khm*

In defense of a Gospel :
  • Confirmed 320bit bus
  • Confirmed chip with 56CUs
  • Confirmed RT/VRS
  • Confirmed Arden codename
Now, considering XBX had 4 more active CUs then retail one, perhaps this is why we can find 56CUs there. In my defense, 325MHz difference was seen as one of issues with the difference between the two, as I had hard time reconciling MS would go for such low clocks and low exploatation of die if Sony could get to 2.0GHz (for non believers, I can find the post).

If Git showed 56CU chip, and we got 64, I would have been more impressed by critics ;)

Now, if PS5 is 13.3TF, Sony can respond nay moment, so all we can do is wait.

PS5 at 32CUs x 2.2GHZ confirmed thanks to github.
But I thought Sony always had same chip and clocks in dev kits as in retail, no? We know XBX had full die enabled (44 v 40 active in retail).

Last edited:
This has got to be one of the most entertaining conspiracy theory breakdown ever in gaming history and I love it.

So at this point can MS come out and confirm whether Arden is Anaconda related or not?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back