Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you have to assume none of the Shakespeare names were specific to Sony all along, or they were always a red herring for that to be true.

I've never assumed they were. They might be, they might not be. And even if some are, it doesn't mean that all Shakespeare codenames are PlayStation related.

Regards,
SB

Not really. Original Flute benchmark on Userbenchmark only had CPU and mem info. This one is real benchmark on 3DMark and TimeSpy.
Where is that stated? Only real follow up I see is him stating it's a test from 9 months ago running on engineering sample hardware. Then he says one is from june 2019 running dx11 the other is from december running dx12. PS doesn't support dx12 so what would that be testing?

more BC tests posted
dated march-may 2019

also

Where is that stated? Only real follow up I see is him stating it's a test from 9 months ago running on engineering sample hardware. Then he says one is from june 2019 running dx11 the other is from december running dx12. PS doesn't support dx12 so what would that be testing?

more BC tests posted
dated march-may 2019

also

In his very first Flute related tweet he says performance similar to 5600XT, CPU 4800U. He then says unknown chip benchmark posted similar numbers (with slightly better CPU score) as Flute, but its hidden so he is not 100% that bench is also newer Flute benchmark.(June to Dec difference)

more BC tests posted
dated march-may 2019

also

Interesting. I think the 12 between 32/12/18 serial could mean infinity fabric clock. So supposedly the infinity fabric clock could have being improved friom 1ghz to 1.2ghz from Ariel to Oberon. And the location between CPU clock and GPU clock would be logical:

32/12/18
CPU clock / Infinity Fabric clock / GPU clock

Just back from a bubble bath drinking cognac and beer and a door opened up in my brain and there it was......the final specs of the PS5!. Please don't ask me any details because I will not break any RNDA. Cheers! :LOL:, wish you all a nice weekend!:cool:

Just back from a bubble bath drinking cognac and beer and a door opened up in my brain and there it was......the final specs of the PS5!. Please don't ask me any details because I will not break any RNDA. Cheers! :LOL:, wish you all a nice weekend!:cool:

When a door opens inside your head. That's what it must be like to be an insider. :p

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
Is this where we insert the memes?

im_trying_to_free_your_mind_2013-08-26.jpg

In his very first Flute related tweet he says performance similar to 5600XT, CPU 4800U. He then says unknown chip benchmark posted similar numbers (with slightly better CPU score) as Flute, but its hidden so he is not 100% that bench is also newer Flute benchmark.(June to Dec difference)
Right, that's the last tweet

But where's the the mention of 3dmark and timespy?
He also says

So, basically Flute and the "unknown" APU are running Windows (Dx11 and Dx12), which means they have Windows drivers.

Regards,
SB

Why wouldn't they? How would AMD even try to make a complex CPU/GPU function test without using their primary OS/Driver platform these days? These drivers might only use their generic function blocks though.

Why wouldn't they? How would AMD even try to make a complex CPU/GPU function test without using their primary OS/Driver platform these days? These drivers might only use their generic function blocks though.

If the product is never meant to be used on a Windows platform there are other options available. Linux for example as AMD also writes drivers for that platform.

But it does say a lot, IMO that rather than utilize other options Windows is the preferred platform to test the capabilities of graphics hardware. Similar to how console exclusive titles are at times developed on a Windows platform due to the mature development and debugging tools available there.

Also, it has other implications in light of Sony investigating publishing at least 1 if not more games on Windows PCs.

Regards,
SB

If the product is never meant to be used on a Windows platform there are other options available. Linux for example as AMD also writes drivers for that platform.

But it does say a lot, IMO that rather than utilize other options Windows is the preferred platform to test the capabilities of graphics hardware. Similar to how console exclusive titles are at times developed on a Windows platform due to the mature development and debugging tools available there.

Also, it has other implications in light of Sony investigating publishing at least 1 if not more games on Windows PCs.

Regards,
SB
Didn't PS4 also have widows drivers?

Probably a lot easier to just run their generic drivers on it with minor changes if required to get it operational.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back