Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makes sense imo. The clock probably won't be 2ghz, but slightly below that. In raw performance a 5600XT might be close, but PS5 most likely is RDNA2, it probably is closer to the 5700XT in performance, and more advanced in features.

Edit: R7 4800U has a bclk @1.8ghz, boost all the way to 4.2ghz. Guess it's does good for BC, but wiggle room for more performance somwhere in the middle?

I have that CPU in my laptop, it's quite the performer but it doesn't come close to my R9 3900x, try a planetside populated with both and you notice the fps delta.

Last edited:
Seems like these consoles will be delayed by coronavirus. At least I won't have to upgrade my PC for a little while longer :p

Announced where?
It's not and I meant to post this in the Baseless Speculation thread. If a mod could move my post would be cool. :)

Hmm now I can't even find that thread, maybe it got nuked. Anyway I wonder if a significant delay would affect anything spec-wise.

7TFlops? Ok, now we are just being silly. Unless Sony is indeed coming in with 2 SKU. No way PS5 would be less than 2x PS4 Pro.
It's the same leak we got early last year. Not sure why it's being brought up again. I mean, we know why, but WHY? You know?

Seems like these consoles will be delayed by coronavirus. At least I won't have to upgrade my PC for a little while longer :p

Maybe, I think it's still too early to say. It's certainly a possibility and one I didn't think was going to happen a week ago.

If thinks are getting worse by mid-April, I think that's a good possibility of a delay. If things are stabilized and/or improving, I don't think there's going to be a delay. It's interesting that originally the worry was about delays in manufacturing the things. No it looks like (if you can believe their numbers) that China is stabilizing and has contained this thing. It's the West that's faltering now.

Maybe, I think it's still too early to say. It's certainly a possibility and one I didn't think was going to happen a week ago.

If thinks are getting worse by mid-April, I think that's a good possibility of a delay. If things are stabilized and/or improving, I don't think there's going to be a delay. It's interesting that originally the worry was about delays in manufacturing the things. No it looks like (if you can believe their numbers) that China is stabilizing and has contained this thing. It's the West that's faltering now.

China may cause other disruptions by closing itself off to the outside to prevent another outbreak. Still a long way to go for all of the supply chain issues to sort themselves out.

Not their portable Surface tablet line, but perhaps their Surface Studio or maybe Surface Book?
I did wonder if they could repurpose the design for surface studio etc.
Spread cost as much as possible.

Not being able to boot into Xbox mode though, just pc

It's the same leak we got early last year. Not sure why it's being brought up again. I mean, we know why, but WHY? You know?
Not really. Original Flute benchmark on Userbenchmark only had CPU and mem info. This one is real benchmark on 3DMark and TimeSpy.

Is this supposed to be something new or still based on the old github tests?
This is not part of Github at all. Just shows Oberon benchmarks in TimeSpy and 3DMark (according to rogame)

Not their portable Surface tablet line, but perhaps their Surface Studio or maybe Surface Book?

Definitely possible for the Surface Book line. The Surface Book 2 already has a 4.4 TFlop mobile GTX 1060.

Of course, it depends on how much power it consumes, so it could be unlikely to happen for SB3, but it's possible depending on perf/watt of NV or AMD GPUs at the time.

Regards,
SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back