Future Sony first-party PlayStation games coming to PC

True, but if Sony's games are that good, which they certainly are in the rankings, and they are the only ones offering excellent SP games, there is a market for PSN there too. See EGS trying to have their exclusive games.

Agree on the first part, but why wouldn't they port a game that won't do much in terms of sales anymore? That all of sony's exclusives land on PC is probably very far away, but devs are starting slowly to expiryment with doing a pc release afterwards. I think this is what the dutch dev ment, with HZD releasing on PC, it doesn't mean there won't be games from them that take advantage of the PS(5), which some where afraid would happen.

But the PSN biggest revenue and profit comes from multiplatform games. You think a new store will make much more revenue and profit and all people will buy third party title on PSN lol. They will buy games on Steam mostly.

But the PSN biggest revenue and profit comes from multiplatform games. You think a new store will make much more revenue and profit and all people will buy third party title on PSN lol. They will buy games on Steam mostly.

If that new store has excellent Sony games to offer, yes they sure have a chance against EGS.

If that new store has excellent Sony games to offer, yes they sure have a chance against EGS.

The goal is not to compete with EGS but Steam. Where do I speak of EGS? On PS they take 30% share it means if they want to compete with EGS they need to cut the share they take on multiplatform games. lol

This is the same reason Apple does not port there store on PC.

Everyone is missing the obvious reason why they announced one more game eventually releasing on PC. It to distract forums from discussing when we will find out what PS5 is.

There's much resitance, no idea why so much on this forum, but there's zero disadvantage to PS gamers if their games come first on PS, then later to PC?
For goodness sakes. It's not about wanting, but interpreting evidence and making predictions. If Sony are going to release all their games on PC, they're going to do that, whether people want it or not. However, what we have here are some changes in Sony policy and a discussion about what the near and far term futures mean. Please stop bring fanboyism into every single discussion you partake in.

There is zero evidence Sony claiming they will never again release a first party game on pc.
No-one argued they were. DSoup said there's no evidence Sony are bringing every game to PC. And there is no evidence Sony will bring every game to PC. They will bring some, almost certainly. They may even bring every game to PC, but that's without any evidence at this point in time.

I'd dare say you're so in favour of the idea that you are hearing things you want to hear, instead of what's actually being said. ;)

Which they didn't have to give in the first place,
Yes they did. Releasing one game to PC is going to get people speculating whether Sony will release all their games to PC or not, and questioning whether they should buy a PS5 or just use their PC, and shareholders wondering whether Sony would be making more money or less. Sony have to mention something in response to releasing HZD on PC, and their message is, "don't hold your breath for future games." You as an individual can choose whether to believe that message or not, but it's as clear as it can be while being non-committal.

Can't do that with an expensive console like the PS5, can't even properly do it with PS4Pro. It's an opportunity to expand their software profits in the face on increasing competition from Microsoft.
I'm not arguing no more games on PC. Read back through this thread where I was arguing the other side stoically. However, for the time being, interpreting this statement for what it is, and looking at Sony's financials, if they lose customers to PC, they are likely losing money over gaining. Again, if this wasn't the case, publishers selling on PC, Xbox and PS would be making more money than Sony do. So Sony are saying, "yeah, some games on PC, sure. But don't think you don't need a PS console any more." And maybe they'll have a policy of top selling titles eventually getting PC ports a few years later than console release to get additional revenue. At the moment though, for the next generation, it'd be suicidal to throw away the primary USP of the PlayStation platform, which is a notion Hulst is reinforcing here.

Last edited:
Everyone is missing the obvious reason why they announced one more game eventually releasing on PC. It to distract forums from discussing when we will find out what PS5 is.

Damn didn't think off that :D The studia probably had a final devkit or even a final production PS5 in the same building.

I think it is, what Hulst suggests it is; an experiment. There is no evidence that every major exclusive is coming to PC. Who the heck is doing all this porting? Uncharted, The Last of Us, Ratchet & Clank, Bloodborne, God of War, Spider-Man, inFamous, Days Gone, Gran Turismo, Ghost of Tsushima?

Knack? :runaway:

Seems clear to me that the main purpose of launching H:ZD on PC is to promote Sony's first party games and bring new clients to the playstation platform.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/202...-with-head-of-playstations-worldwide-studios/

I don't know how this could be interpreted as anything else. The answer is clear.

dreamers gonna dream.

Hard no, they are constantly hinting at releasing more games to PC, they even specifically stated first party games, and gone as far as stating games will not release on the same date as PS, so they are planning ahead already, they also stated they are opening the platform to more players.

But forget all of that, actions speak louder than words, and Sony's actions give every indication of them going the Microsoft route, albeit very slowly.
It’s not going to be like MS at all, but keep dreaming...maybe one day

There absolutely are PC gamers with zero interest in console gaming. And visa/versa.
Some cannot be convinced easily, that's still not a "no matter what, brand xyz forever" situation, but it's not a market worth any effort. I still say a quick-buck move towards them would be counter productive.

We also have gamers with the thinking of...
"I love this platform because it's giving me the best games"
"have you played any games from the other platform?"
"No but none of them interest me from looking at some videos"

This is a market to exploit. It's easy to sell action games with trailers and gameplay videos, but single player story-based experiences cannot be appreciated without playing the entire game, and that's the major problem Sony has: reviews don't work, critical acclaim don't work, the gamers who like their games are already sold from already liking those games so they're looking forward to the next iterations and anything new from the studios that delivered. So what's the best move to increase the platform adoption beyond that?

It's like my old pot dealer giving a free gram to any new customer in the school. Except sony is still making money from it, if some are convinced it helps gain a reputation of selling some really good shit. They don't control the PC platform, this not as simple as making some quick bucks, they need to keep the olatform healthy and they found an interesting compromise.

Some cannot be convinced easily, that's still not a "no matter what, brand xyz forever" situation, but it's not a market worth any effort. I still say a quick-buck move towards them would be counter productive.

We also have gamers with the thinking of...
"I love this platform because it's giving me the best games"
"have you played any games from the other platform?"
"No but none of them interest me from looking at some videos"

This is a market to exploit. It's easy to sell action games with trailers and gameplay videos, but single player story-based experiences cannot be appreciated without playing the entire game, and that's the major problem Sony has: reviews don't work, critical acclaim don't work, the gamers who like their games are already sold from already liking those games so they're looking forward to the next iterations and anything new from the studios that delivered. So what's the best move to increase the platform adoption beyond that?

It's like my old pot dealer giving a free gram to any new customer in the school.

I'm extremely skeptical of this whole idea. I don't believe that PC gamers that aren't buying PlayStations are not doing so because they are ignorant of PlayStation exclusives. I do believe that console gaming has an ceiling and Sony are as close to that ceiling as you can get and that if they want to significantly expand their business they have to look beyond consoles.

No this isn't just that, this is a complete shift in focus, I fully expect Sony to release most if not every exclusive on PC at some point in time. They are gradually building up to that.

Maybe...maybe not.

BTW - MS didn't just experiment with PC releases at the start of the current generation. They also did it with X360 after they stopped releasing PC games at the start of that generation. OG Xbox saw multiple titles by MS appearing on both PC and Xbox.

For example,
  • Fable (Xbox) got a PC and console release.
  • Fable 2 (start of X360 gen) they decided not to release a PC release.
  • Fable 3 (end of X360 gen) they once again released both a PC and console version.
Many other examples (Crimson Skies on PC and Xbox, for example). Also, even when they weren't porting all Xbox exclusives to PC during the X360 era, they were still publishing games to Steam and eventually the Microsoft Store.

And we shouldn't forget that MS has been publishing games on PC since the 80's.

It’s not going to be like MS at all, but keep dreaming...maybe one day

Maybe...maybe not.

--------------------------------

He was very non-commital in the intervew. He said the things he had to say. PlayStation is still their focus. They are releasing 1 title on PC at the moment to see how things go.

Maybe they sell so much software on PC that they end up deciding to try more titles on PC.

Maybe they see more sales from PC buyers creating a new account on a new PlayStation and decided to release more titles.

Maybe they don't see what they are hoping to see and decide not to sell on PC after this.

Maybe...many things. He left the door wide open for Sony to go any way they decide to go in the future.

The interview can be all things to everyone.

Regards,
SB

Either step up or stay home. Set a cadence for all your AAA games to be on PC or just don’t bother.

It gets old when companies don’t properly commit and then whine about how the PC audience just wasn’t there for them but they tried so hard,

Hard no, they are constantly hinting at releasing more games to PC, they even specifically stated first party games, and gone as far as stating games will not release on the same date as PS, so they are planning ahead already, they also stated they are opening the platform to more players.

But forget all of that, actions speak louder than words, and Sony's actions give every indication of them going the Microsoft route, albeit very slowly.

If they going the Microsoft route it is the end of a 25 Years Plattform , it results in a bland and unteresting Hardware. If i know that PC Versions of GT7 , HZD2 would come at the same Time like the Consoleversion , i would take the PC Version if theyre Games looking on a GTX3080TI better and runs faster with better Effects.This is the perfect example of how dumb people can bankrupt a company. I can see people in every news post on other Forums about to say the same they will skip PS5 and wait until the other games arrive on PC. This is what killed the Xbox and these stupid People are doing the exact same thing. Educating consumers to not buy their System and wait for ports on PC. They just killed the PS5 sales and don't even realize it. I waiting for an official Statement from Sony. And i dont believe in the Theory that they porting only some PS Exclusiv's to the PC as an Appetizer to motivate People to buy later a PS5 , this makes no sense. Imagine what happend on the official PS5 Show , annoucing HZD2 and showing the PC Version looking better than the upcoming PS5 Version, and saying to the People "Great News ,all our Games coming to the PC " , they cannot say anymore "Playstation is the best Place to play". So yes , Sony has to make that clear.

. i dont believe in the Theory that they porting only some PS Exclusiv's to the PC as an Appetizer to motivate People to buy later a PS5 , this makes no sense. Imagine what happend on the official PS5 Show , annoucing HZD2 and showing the PC Version looking better than the upcoming PS5 Version, and saying to the People "Great News ,all our Games coming to the PC " ,

You contradict yourself.

Essentially I believe Sony have got all the sales they can from a popular game and want to see if they can get more sales and potentially expand they user base with PC gamers potentially liking HZD and wanting to see what else PlayStation has to offer.

Yes they can do it but those Games become a medicore Character ( technically) like all the other Multiplatts.

If they port it after the PS version, then that won't happen. If they release it simultaneously, it depends on the devs how much effort the game gets. Rockstar releases on all platforms yet it doesn't suffer technically. Doom ethernal is up there with the best looking games also.

More on the matter:
MODedit: Internet feelz removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Back