Heartbeat Sensor on Dualshock 5

• Thread starter Deleted member 13524
  • Start date
More buttons for more complex controls has been a barrier since the1980s.
Paradroid?
And third person games in open environments have been a thing for as long yet dual-stick controls a thing on home console controllers until - I believe - the Dual Analogue controller for PlayStation.
If the controls used for early 3D games weren't limited, controls wouldn't have evolved and improved. Games worked with the limits of their hardware, and then hardware was advanced to improve what games would do.

Sometimes, things are only obvious in hindsight, i.e when the obvious has been presented. Like how most smartphones follow LG's Prada all screen smartphone, how most ultra light laptops following the design philosophy of the MacBook Air and so on.
Inevitable doesn't mean instantaneous. It's an evolutionary process, identifying weaknesses in the current solutions and finding improvements, trying ideas and settling on the best. But the best will out. Could anyone have predicted the dual-stick design in 1985? Probably not. But was the modern dual-stick design inevitable? I think so.

So the conclusion of this thread is that it's bloody Microsoft's fault that we don't have cool motion control aiming in more games because they didn't support it in there controller. :yep2:

When it comes to motion control aiming, I think this video summarizes many points pretty well:

The video creator has Stockholm syndrome to think motion control is good.

The video creator has Stockholm syndrome to think motion control is good.

I'm yet to try it out, and I wouldn't have even thought it was a good idea until I saw this video. Did you watch the whole thing? It seems motion aiming is was pretty well recieved by pc gamers who like using a joystick rather than m&k, to the point they started modding support for it into games. That sounds telling to me.

Could be used for Kinect-like Yoga game, where you attempt to obtain peaceful meditation.
Could be used for Kinect-like Fitness game, where you attempt to obtain cardio or burn zones.

All while holding this controller.
I'd use it on terror games. Still, the idea is very....I prefer not to know, and people with anxiety are going to be even less interested.

Back