Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What have the Insiders told us about PS5 that was actually informative and confirmed?

None of it's been confirmed since Sony hasn't officially revealed everything. That said, unlike the github data, the insiders are relaying information they've explicitly been told is about the expected final hardware configuration.

That said, unlike the github data, the insiders are relaying information they've explicitly been told is about the expected final hardware configuration.

I can accept that, but at the same time it's deflating to see paragraphs from various insiders only to have all the words parsed down to no information at all or merely a "things change". Why are they all Mercutio?

I can accept that, but at the same time it's deflating to see paragraphs from various insiders only to have all the words parsed down to no information at all or merely a "things change". Why are they all Mercutio?
Some are telling us the target specs (like the first journalists or Klee) because 1/ those can change 2/ they wouldn't give the exact same numbers to devs for various reasons. But mostly they shouldn't give the exact values because they know some of those numbers will be passed to Microsoft somehow. Dev wouldn' t need the precise target specs anyway. An approximation should be enough.

Some are telling us the specs of the current devkits (like O'dium). There are obviously different versions of devkits given to devs.

And most insiders are frauds, obviously. :yep2:

Don't worry I am going to put together an "Insiders" training course with the following marketing:

"Know someone who has an uncle who has a niece who is married to someone that has a wife that has an uncle that has a nephew who wants to speak to you and is working with a next gen console well before launch!? We will train you to ask the right questions so that you won't bring back vague and murky info that will eventually infuriate your favorite forum!!!"

Last edited:
Pretty sure an insider said PS5 had VRS despite people vehemently claiming otherwise because of GitHub.
Data doesn't lie man. It's either there or not there. It's either accurate data or not accurate. Data has no judgement, but it's on us to make sure things add up properly. People's interpretation of data can be wholly off base. And we see that happen _all the time_.

I explicitly wrote way back when this information is released that it is not all the data, and the tests that were shown were unlikely to be everything. Without context of what they were testing one could not make that assupmtion except to troll people's insecurities.
I talked about it here Jan 10
https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/2097126/

Regression Test Selection
  • Instead of re-executing the entire test suite, it is better to select part of the test suite to be run
  • Test cases selected can be categorized as 1) Reusable Test Cases 2) Obsolete Test Cases.
  • Re-usable Test cases can be used in succeeding regression cycles.
  • Obsolete Test Cases can't be used in succeeding cycles.
Selecting test cases for regression testing
It was found from industry data that a good number of the defects reported by customers were due to last minute bug fixes creating side effects and hence selecting the Test Case for regression testing is an art and not that easy. Effective Regression Tests can be done by selecting the following test cases -

• Test cases which have frequent defects
  • Functionalities which are more visible to the users
  • Test cases which verify core features of the product
  • Test cases of Functionalities which has undergone more and recent changes
  • All Integration Test Cases
  • All Complex Test Cases
  • Boundary value test cases
  • A sample of Successful test cases
  • A sample of Failure test cases
I think anyone passing the narrative those specific tests for Github was absolutely everything is wrong. But to say Github data is false is also wrong. It's the people who made incorrect analysis of it who were wrong.

If that github leak data inplied 13TF, would any try to poke holes, try to atleast? :p
The purpose of the threads and all of our discussion is to break and test theories. I get people get super annoyed by it. But all of our science superstars had to talk through their ideas with peers as well.
Thinking to another subject, like quantum physics, those who practice theory and those who practice application are constantly debating each other because what comes out in practice seldom lines up with the math worked out in theories.

As long as we're all civil about it, and spend time to write quality posts, I think the debate is always worthwhile to have.

Data doesn't lie man. It's either there or not there. It's either accurate data or not accurate. Data has no judgement, but it's on us to make sure things add up properly. People's interpretation of data can be wholly off base. And we see that happen _all the time_.

I explicitly wrote way back when this information is released that it is not all the data, and the tests that were shown were unlikely to be everything. Without context of what they were testing one could not make that assupmtion except to troll people's insecurities.
I talked about it here Jan 10
https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/2097126/

Regression Test Selection
  • Instead of re-executing the entire test suite, it is better to select part of the test suite to be run
  • Test cases selected can be categorized as 1) Reusable Test Cases 2) Obsolete Test Cases.
  • Re-usable Test cases can be used in succeeding regression cycles.
  • Obsolete Test Cases can't be used in succeeding cycles.
Selecting test cases for regression testing
It was found from industry data that a good number of the defects reported by customers were due to last minute bug fixes creating side effects and hence selecting the Test Case for regression testing is an art and not that easy. Effective Regression Tests can be done by selecting the following test cases -

• Test cases which have frequent defects
  • Functionalities which are more visible to the users
  • Test cases which verify core features of the product
  • Test cases of Functionalities which has undergone more and recent changes
  • All Integration Test Cases
  • All Complex Test Cases
  • Boundary value test cases
  • A sample of Successful test cases
  • A sample of Failure test cases
I think anyone passing the narrative those specific tests for Github was absolutely everything is wrong. But to say Github data is false is also wrong. It's the people who made incorrect analysis of it who were wrong.
Data doesn’t lie, except for when the intern enters things wrong and puts stuff in the wrong folders, like in this exact case.

credible "insiders"

Seemingly, there's no such thing this time around, seeing how much things change. :p

I'm not sure how I would classify "controlled leaks", where on the Microsoft side there were some hints of things to come at VGA and a bit before the official 12TF materials went out. If you're used by the corporation, are you still an "insider", or are you an unaware drafted agent?

I consider Jason from Kotaku and Reiner from Game Informer credible. Not random Gaffer of the week cosplaying.

I'm in agreement with you. I consider them Journalists. I wouldn't tarnish them by placing them in the same wretched circle as Insiders [read: Pretenders].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back