Days Gone (Sony Bend) [PS4, PC]

For me Days Gone was one of better games this console generation and one of better ps4 exclusive. For sure better than boring Horizon and for me better than Spiderman and even (little overrated) God of War.

For me Days Gone was one of better games this console generation and one of better ps4 exclusive. For sure better than boring Horizon and for me better than Spiderman and even (little overrated) God of War.

I agree. And they did an incredible job between releases and the lastests patchs, it's a lot better. If reviews were "re done" with some of the latest builds, it would have better scores imo.

Reactions: snc
The E3 gameplay video of the horde encounter in the first post if this thread sold me. Once I was able to get it 50% off that is. :D

The game is anything but original and is super repetitive, and has a cast of unlikeable characters, but its primary gimmick (hordes) is quite fascinating and entertaining.

They should add a first person mode.

Last edited:
and has a cast of unlikeable characters

I always find this sentiment odd to me. Some really good books and movies have the biggest assholes ever as characters. In fact it irritates me when you can clearly see they have tried to make the character more likable for reasons.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying Days Gone has a very good story or even good but it's passable for me and the twist at the end leaves a lot of possibility for a sequel.

A first person mode could work really well and be more panic inducing when you have hordes charging you.

I always find this sentiment odd to me. Some really good books and movies have the biggest assholes ever as characters. In fact it irritates me when you can clearly see they have tried to make the character more likable for reasons.

There is a difference between a fun asshole, and a bland asshole.
Give people a boring asshole and they'll say it stinks. Give them a fun asshole, and they eat it up like as if if were chocolate covered.

Give people a boring asshole and they'll say it stinks. Give them a fun asshole, and they eat it up like as if if were chocolate covered.

Deacons character is depressed and suicidal and living in a really shit situation but people want him to be fun ?

And what particularly was wrong with Decon ? Normal guy that belives his wife still live, helping his friends and know how to survive in extreme environment. Vocie acting was sometimes strange in english dub thats why I change to polish ;d

I like the fact that Decon talked to himself, sometime you can sense that he is losing it, which is normal with the situation.

Also
Sara is a real dick when they met after all this time. Like "Oh, you're alive ? Well, help me do this please thx bye"

I like the fact that Decon talked to himself, sometime you can sense that he is losing it, which is normal with the situation.

Also
Sara is a real dick when they met after all this time. Like "Oh, you're alive ? Well, help me do this please thx bye"

Felt the exact same way about your spoiler.

Also
That was surprising and add some spice to history ;)

It's all about immersion. People wanna play with an asshole that feels good to immerse yourself in. They must be deep, but also well rounded.

I finished the game. I'm not sure how many hours but that was a long one for sure. It's basically a reformulation of Horizon Zero Dawn but sometimes I got STALKER vibes and that drew me in. I loved the hordes and exploring the world.

While it was a cool sandbox, the story and characters were poorly developed and implemented. There's no player influence over events either. All those cutscenes which assumed I felt a connection with their characters were special indeed. Especially the end with all these people I didn't remember giving their cameos. lol. One thing that would have helped would be to have more missions involving their characters instead of the zillions of recycled open-world-game status quo errand boy crap. Their characters were mostly just quest dispensers! Even Deacon just wanted them to stop radioing in much of the time.

There are still bugs even after all the patches. I had one crash. One time a home camp didn't entirely load and there was missing geometry. I saw deer spawned inside a mountain. A truck that just kept rolling on its own after I pushed it. Enemies stuck in walls. Enemy AI frozen. Etc. I think the crash was the only one that stopped me in my tracks though.

Last edited:
It's cool that even after the credits roll there are some storylines to tie up. Even a great NERO twist. Though I'm not sure exactly why these weren't just part of the game before the credits. Hmmm. :D

Last edited:
I think I’m near the end (just returned North), I found sometimes I had to exit out of the game and restart to get the hordes to spawn which was a little frustrating.

I do love finding hordes, especially when playing with headphones - the sound in the game is excellent as you get real feeling of the numbers involved.

I think I’m near the end (just returned North), I found sometimes I had to exit out of the game and restart to get the hordes to spawn which was a little frustrating.

I do love finding hordes, especially when playing with headphones - the sound in the game is excellent as you get real feeling of the numbers involved.
The hordes are the highlight of the experience without a doubt. That and I think wandering/exploring abandoned towns.

I feel like they wanted to do more with it all but for some reason their plans got scaled back. Like the world is there but it didn't get as much use for story as it could have.

Back