Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha some of you are so hellbent on convincing yourselves that ps5 is 9.2tf it’s almost scary. Readying for a celebration perhaps? I’ll reserve judgement till Sony officially announce them.
Here’s also a possibility, if ps5 is rdna2 all along and had slightly more flops according to Tom Warren or was it Jason Moriarity and of course a few others, then hell its well over 12tf by that logic.
that's not true.
I think people are hell bent on proving that GitHub leaks are real.
that doesn't mean that PS5 can't be more than 9.2TF

The test are not full suite tests. Clearly anyone can see that. We don't know what else PS5 has or is capable of. But the test run is 9.2 TF. I think as more information is coming out that test is proving more legitimate. I just don't know if that's _everything_.

I think the size of PS5 APU (and the comparison with XSX APU) will answer many of our RNDA2 questions about both next gen consoles.

And how smart from AMD to refuse to mention 7nm+ on their slides. Only "7nm" (for RDNA2 and even for Zen 3 when we know it's on 7nm+) and 5nm.

Haha some of you are so hellbent on convincing yourselves that ps5 is 9.2tf it’s almost scary. Readying for a celebration perhaps? I’ll reserve judgement till Sony officially announce them.
Here’s also a possibility, if ps5 is rdna2 all along and had slightly more flops according to Tom Warren or was it Jason Moriarity and of course a few others, then hell its well over 12tf by that logic.

I think you could pretty much flip a coin to predict whether it's 9 TF or higher and whoever is right can smugly shove their finger way up their own bum.

?
what?
I don't think Github ever mentioned any sort of architecture. If there was a mention of it; people would have been all over it months ago.

the 2.0GHz clock on the GitHub leak actually makes even more sense with RDNA 2 which is proof of performance per watt. The only reason people casted the 2Ghz leak was because it's impossible to do with RDNA 1 in a console format.
Isn't Github PS5 GPU Navi 10?

I don't think the difference will be "minimal" if it's 9.2 vs 12, in the end it's 2.8TF advantage.
But without seeing 3rd parties game comparision, it just all talk, so let's just wait...yeah a long wait i guess:LOL:.
Hmm... Narrower and faster might improve the rest of the gpu, it won't be a linear difference this time. Ideally a good VRS implementation will bring native resolution on both and probably the same stable frame rate (if same cpu clock) and we would just see more VRS bias in one versus the other.

Hmm... Narrower and faster might improve the rest of the gpu, it won't be a linear difference this time. Ideally a good VRS implementation will bring native resolution on both and probably the same stable frame rate (if same cpu clock) and we would just see more VRS bias in one versus the other.

Yah, I think we're all expecting the ps5 will have some front-end advantages and a fillrate advantage, even if it's a 9.2 TF gpu. If it's a wide gpu with a higher clock than it'll pretty much have an advantage in everything.

Why would 9.2Tflops even be bad? No one seems to be really putting things into perspective because Microsoft seemingly went balls to the wall and has warped expectations.

As far as I can see a RDNA2 9.2Tflop console released this fall would be ahead of where PS4 was when it launched relative to PC....and it was the most powerful console when it released.

This isn't taking into account other things like CPU/SSD.....

Watch the DF video where they emulate a PS5 (with a RDNA1 GPU)....the results were impressive.

Those goalposts were already moved, we're on to the new and improved 9.2TF
But this is not true. I posted Ariel being RDNA1 and Oberon testing against Ariel testlist many times now. I never thought Oberon will not have RT, but I do see people thinking RT/VRS disproves it. It doesn't, it gives it even more credibility.

Isn't Github PS5 GPU Navi 10?
I don’t think the data supports that. I believe people tried to interpret the data to mean a 5700xt. Or something like that and that is 5700xt. People thought the lack of RT/VRS also meant RDNA 1 since only RDNA 2.0 had it.

And pretty sure XSX is going to use a lot of VRS, not sure about PS5.
But again it just theory, i believe the difference will be bigger than minimal, you don't, that's fine and we will know about that in end of 2020.
Besides who knows is PS5 going to be 9.2TF or not:LOL:.

I don’t think the data supports that. I believe people tried to interpret the data to mean a 5700xt. Or something like that and that is 5700xt. People thought the lack of RT/VRS also meant RDNA 1 since only RDNA 2.0 had it.
Its not that. Its that people think Ariel = Oberon. Its not true, never was. I talked about this for months, hence I am called cult leader. Ariel was known since December 2018. Ariel was known as GFX1000, it was Navi 10 derivative, RDNA1 chip.

2.PNG

Oberon is later chip, its 2nd APU, and entire Github repo for Oberon was made up of Native/BC1/BC2 tests which are done on Ariel iGPU testlist. Therefore, since Ariel was Navi 10 Lite, you couldn't have ray tracing and variable rate shading running Ariel's testlist.

People are trying to discredit a leak without understanding basics about it, its frustrating.

Which one?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps5-and-xbox-series-speculation-ot12-aw-hell-transistors-running-this-again.173318/page-30

A lot of Eras say OBR/Ariel is Navi 10 (or Navi 10 lite). Is't it real?

I dont think 9.2 is bad on itself, it’s just a stupid as hell design decision to go by all for BC sake and certainly looks and sounds bad next to the competition. I simply don’t believe Sony are this dumb to releasing this in late 2020

No, no it isn't. Era can show me where Oberon is specified as Navi 10 Lite and I will drop months of cult leadership here and admit I am wrong (which, I'm pretty sure I'm not).

Ariel - Navi 10 Lite. RDNA1 chip
Oberon - RDNA2 chip
Github Oberon regression tests (for native, BC1 and BC2) - running against Ariel iGPU testlist (therefore CANNOT contain any trace of RDNA2 features).

Ariel - Gonzalo platform (13E9, 13F8)
Oberon - Flute platform (13F9)

Why would 9.2Tflops even be bad? No one seems to be really putting things into perspective because Microsoft seemingly went balls to the wall and has warped expectations.

As far as I can see a RDNA2 9.2Tflop console released this fall would be ahead of where PS4 was when it launched relative to PC....and it was the most powerful console when it released.

This isn't taking into account other things like CPU/SSD.....

Watch the DF video where they emulate a PS5 (with a RDNA1 GPU)....the results were impressive.

My personal opinion is the hw theoretical performance won't matter if they scale by resolution. 9TF is 75% of the compute power of 12TF.

x * y = 3840 * 2160 * 0.75
16/9 * y * y = 6,220,800
y2 = 6,220,800/1.78
y = 1869

x = 6,220,800 / y
x = 3328

So 3840 x 2160 for 12TF console vs 3328 x 1869 for 9TF console. How will anyone ever live with the compromise? I'm sure people will 100% be able to tell the difference.

Edit: Just to be sure you all know, I'm being sarcastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back