Final Fantasy VII Remake

Is the clicking noise sounds louder than normal hdd clicking noise?

PS4 usually did that if it's failed to do normal boot then goes to safe mode.

Try unplugging it from everything for 30 minutes, then plug them back and turn on.

Last edited:
Is the clicking noise sounds louder than normal hdd clicking noise?

PS4 usually did that if it's failed to do normal boot then goes to safe mode.

Try unplugging it from everything for 30 minutes, then plug them back and turn on.

Way louder. I don't think my HDD ever "clicked" for that matter.

Way louder. I don't think my HDD ever "clicked" for that matter.
now im quite certain that's the sound of PS4 automatically trying to go into safe mode (you can deliberately invoke this by unplugging PS4 while its active, or by holding power button for a long time even after the 2nd beep).

It may get revived after unplugging it from everything for 30 mins. You dont actually need to wait for 30 minutes, usually just unplug it for a few minutes is enough tho.

It's a one year exclusivety deal like Detroit etc, so you'l have to wait about a year :)

i think I'll be playing on PS4 for FF7. As its good enough. The bugs are annoying but workarounds can be accomodated.

but if SQEX is selling it at super high price in my region... ouch... i will wait for a discount or buy using US account.

Impressive engine, also easens up porting processes.

Seems a bit like last gen actually. You could do really lovely things with UE3, but unless you were content with creating a stuttery Gears of War indentikit kind of product, you had to put in some heavy-ass work. Especially on the PS3 where UE3 was kinda shambolic all the way up to the release of the first Arkham game.

Imagine being a Square Enix artist, pouring your heart and soul over your work for 5 years, improving models, materials, animations, lighting set-up, etc.
All to make the game look ever better, only for internet people to come and give all the credit to the engine it's running on.
I love it.

There is a reason why they switched to UE4. It made their work shine even more. There is no problem saying UE4 helped in the process. That does not discredit the artists

There is a reason why they switched to UE4. It made their work shine even more. There is no problem saying UE4 helped in the process. That does not discredit the artists

i dont think we can be really sure UE helped their work shine or their work will shine just fine without UE. at least from what i saw in FFXV, there are some scenes with amazing polishes and it already looks awesome. But its way inconsistent. Feels like they ran out of time before finished polishing tons of stuff. But because they already accustomed with UE from KH3, it does make sense to say UE helped make their work shine more. As optimizations from KH3 will be carried over, and they can optimize even more from their experience with KH3.

cant wait for their GDC presentation. FFXV got tons of interesting stuff explained.

Back