Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insider: PS5 will be very powerful
Cerny: PS5 is very powerful technobabblebabble
People: PS5 is very powerful who cares for expectation?

FWIW you realize the goldfish short memory thing is a myth
Almost
A goldfish's memory in normal condition is way longer than anyone expects, but put inside an internet the lack of meaningful information, the overwhelming need to compensate, and the echo chamber effect reduces their brain capability.

So let's just assume Sony's silence is mainly a non reactionary response due to their pre scheduled plan, but what are they waiting for tho? They don't have to announce the price yet, not even the full specs among other things. All they gotta do is presenting something similar to the PS4 reveal. What's their grand scheme that's so devastating and critical that they are withholding everything right now?
The longer they wait the higher the chance of a mass fear mongering they gonna cause to the fans because the most likely assumption is their specs are weaker by a fair margin say 9.2TF and they don't want to come out as a distant second. Truly puzzling time ahead.

The longer they wait the higher the chance of a mass fear mongering they gonna cause to the fans because the most likely assumption is their specs are weaker by a fair margin say 9.2TF and they don't want to come out as a distant second. Truly puzzling time ahead.

I doubt because it’s around 9TF is the reason for the silence, most ps buyers are casuals that dont even know what that means (sony is aware of that). The reason for silence must be something else, something more important.

Many suspect Sony is silent on PS5 because they are protecting their upcoming PS4 first Party games that will release this year before the PS5. They want those sales on PS4 now instead of users waiting until PS5 to buy them.

I wonder if GAF moderators and/or Evilore are actually participating in next gen hyping, especially for PS5, because amount of traffic that site has got duo to Osiris/Tommy Fischer/Heisenberg/BG/O'dium/etc. is pretty big. Certain gaming sites have even written articles about these insiders originating from GAF, therefore they actively spread good PR for Evilore and co.

I know last gen mods/Evilore created CBOAT character and role played secret insider there, so I wouldn't past them to do similar again. Amount of rumors that pop up daily there is pretty staggering not to be suspicious, and these insiders are anything but specific.

BG and O'dium are real developers. I find BG linkedin account and I will not give it. He just find some unknown guy lurking on his linkedin account. He works for a company doing experience VR not games. But I don't think his company has a direct access to PS5 devkit, maybe some rumors he heard from other dev.

All other GAF insider I don't trust them at all. Evilore needs money, verification is worse than before. I think Jason Schreier is the most credible source consoles are close but he never said the PS5 is more powerful. Imo Ps5 is less powerful than XSX probably above 10 Tflops and not 36 CUS (maybe 48?) and maybe a faster SSD. Xbox SSD leak show a faster SSD each time(from 1 GB/S to 2 GBS to 3.75 GB/s) maybe one last effort, for example MS add hardware decompression and they have a faster SSD than 3.75 GB/s.

Last edited:
So let's just assume Sony's silence is mainly a non reactionary response due to their pre scheduled plan, but what are they waiting for tho? They don't have to announce the price yet, not even the full specs among other things. All they gotta do is presenting something similar to the PS4 reveal. What's their grand scheme that's so devastating and critical that they are withholding everything right now?
It’s part of business. Gotta line up everything before you announce anything. whether they have a stronger or weaker system; they still need to make sure everything is going according to plan.

You can have a weaker console and have a mitigation strategy. You can have a stronger console and still require some form of strategy to carry out. The power of the console is just one aspect of their entire platform for next gen.

I think Sony could have killed XSX hype in an instant if they released single tweet about their system after Phil's spec reveal. Something ala :

up-2d-remi-remij010-yosp-hey-have-a-quick-question-886155.png

Entire message from MS is "power, power and more power" and if you say "btw, we got all things they don't have, and more power" its game over for MS IMO. Who would they sell XSX too? I mean, they literally put dictionary meaning of Teraflop on their official twitter page, they invited Sony ti kill of their hype right then and there.

Many suspect Sony is silent on PS5 because they are protecting their upcoming PS4 first Party games that will release this year before the PS5. They want those sales on PS4 now instead of users waiting until PS5 to buy them.

I dont think that makes any difference. Console sales are falling down like a bag of bricks, everyone knows next gen is coming. They even started to talk about it one year ago, so it makes no sense not to talk about it because they have new big game coming out in two months time.

Well. I think anyone who has TLOU2 in their hand as their final card to play will be looking at how to leverage it to get people to switch over to PS5 after releasing it.

ending the generation on a super high like they did PS3 and soon to be PS4 is an ideal way to get everyone to stay. Power shouldn’t matter in this case; people will come off a TLOU2 high looking for more and PS5 should launch with those exclusive looks at those titles then.

and that might be what they are waiting for.

I don’t understand this logic. Sony was promoting the hell out of PS4 before and up to the launch of The Last of Us on PS3 and it did gangbusters.

Now someone could buy one of those PS4 games with full confidence their games will work on PS5. So who are they hurting by talking about PS5 now? The few users who don’t own a PS4 and will instead decide to wait for a PS5 rather than buy a new PS4 to play now?

If it's about protecting sales for their games, then we may not even getting PS5 reveal in summer due to Ghost of Tsushima.
It’s about making the best possible decision they can make with the information they have, the product they’ve built, future plans and strategies to carry them out.

I’m not necessarily sure if MS coming out there is a full sign of confidence that they built a stronger product than Sony, but it’s more a sign that decisions have been made and they are moving forward according to plan with confidence that they can carry it out.

I don’t understand this logic. Sony was promoting the hell out of PS4 before and up to the launch of The Last of Us on PS3 and it did gangbusters.

Now someone could buy one of those PS4 games with full confidence their games will work on PS5. So who are they hurting by talking about PS5 now? The few users who don’t own a PS4 and will instead decide to wait for a PS5 rather than buy a new PS4 to play now?
Devils advocate, this applies to MS as well, what if BC with PS4 isn’t up to snuff yet. Still having issues etc.

BG and O'dium are real developers. I find BG linkedin account and I will not give it. He just find some unknown guy lurking on his linkedin account. He works for a company doing experience VR not games. But I don't think his company has a direct access to PS5 devkit, maybe some rumors he heard from other dev.

All other GAF insider I don't trust them at all. Evilore needs money, verification is worse than before. I think Jason Schreier is the most credible source consoles are close but he never said the PS5 is more powerful. Imo Ps5 is less powerful than XSX probably above 10 Tflops and not 36 CUS (maybe 48?) and maybe a faster SSD. Xbox SSD leak show a faster SSD each time(from 1 GB/S to 2 GBS to 3.75 GB/s) maybe one last effort, for example MS add hardware decompression and they have a faster SSD than 3.75 GB/s.
I understand they are working at actual studios, but O'dium gave really no impression of actually knowing the specs, and IMO he steers way to much into areas he should have no business with (thermal levels, aim ranges of final console, hardware fixes etc).

BG seems to be playing a game of revealing on NeoGAF currently and he will give daily hints, but to me that again sounds very unprofessional and completely atypical to a person that says they signed NDA.

Even the "best" ones, like Klee, gave certain info which raises eyebrows such as :
  • friend showing him secret next gen video game from his private USB
  • exact spec spreadsheet for both consoles
  • reasons for Sony delaying 2019
  • bingo on old "64x1475MHz" rumor
  • "XSX is above 12TF" post when now we know its pretty much all but confirmed to be exact 12TF (56*1675MHz)
  • "I am verified but my info is not" before ban
In general, I have low expectations from insiders. Last time around only legit insider was sveetwar who shared apartment with AMD engineer that told him about specs, and even he had iffy info.

I think Sony could have killed XSX hype in an instant if they released single tweet about their system after Phil's spec reveal. Something ala :

up-2d-remi-remij010-yosp-hey-have-a-quick-question-886155.png

Entire message from MS is "power, power and more power" and if you say "btw, we got all things they don't have, and more power" its game over for MS IMO. Who would they sell XSX too? I mean, they literally put dictionary meaning of Teraflop on their official twitter page, they invited Sony ti kill of their hype right then and there.
This is what I think too at the moment, although they don't have to directly slap it on like an asshole but would do well in a very subtle approach. No way Sony are passing out that chance plan or no plan.

This is what I think too at the moment, although they don't have to directly slap it on like an asshole but would do well in a very subtle approach. No way Sony are passing out that chance plan or no plan.
No one below Ryan save Cerny has been talking to outlets lately. It’s a deliberate silence.

I have low expectations of insiders as well, but where are the legit gaming journalists doing the actual sleuthing work on next gen? Are they complicit in trying to prevent leaks for Sony?

Realistically, at this point any company working on a game that's going to launch on XSX and PS5 has to be fully into development, not just a small tech team experimenting. There have got to be 1000's of people involved with next-gen games already, not one legit leak? (at least on the PS5 side)? We're going to get gameplay at E3 and that's about 3 months out.

Granted MS has stayed ahead of leaks nicely by releasing information in a timely fashion. But the windowscentral guys have been able to gather information from their sources even before that. What's weird is that there's nothing on the Sony side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back