Sony PlayStation 5 Retail Shape? *spawn*

haha, I'd build a fish tank from that. Possible new model

playstation-5-ps5-concept-design-2018-dave-delisle-davesgeekyideas2.jpg
Carefully designed dust-trap at the top with awkward corners to clean. Nice.

Later models of the fat PS2 removed the mesh.

Didn’t know that, only have had the 3000x models, they have the mesh and collect dust like a vacuum cleaner. Without the mesh airflow increases but so does dust then?

The first ps2’s are very loud, later models much more silent.

Yeah, more dust gets in them. I'm sure airflow is better after the mesh gets clogged with dust, but it changes the airflow issue from being user serviceable (by cleaning off the mesh) to something that requires breaking the security seal.

Even my launch ps2 with the mesh has dust clogged on the fan, how it gets there no idea, but i guess the mesh isn’t stopping dust from entering the intake, and finds its way between the psu and mainboard before clogging the fan at the back also. Dust problems are decreased by not having it on the floor.

The og xbox has no mesh at all, and two intakes, one on each side. Somehow dust collects but mostly on the fan, but not so much between components.

That sphere design is just not practical at all. It should be at home even on smaller homes with cramped entertainment centers.
It’s even worse than the Sony Vaio VGX-TP1

That other one.. looks like IKEA Romma cable management box.

Last edited:
Graphics? What graphics? This revolutionary PS5 design produces no graphics. It is a ball. For you to go play outside with your friends.
Sony is one step ahead, combining fully immersive photorealistic 3d environments, with full body motion controls and many player local co-op.

Back