Final Fantasy VII Remake

For those who want to avoid spoilers and late-game scenes, skip this trailer. It shows a lot.
Indeed
Don't watch the trailer !
(Way too many spoilers, even if you know the game IMO.)

[I edited the previous post to put the trailers behind a spoiler warning.]

Indeed! It's crazy. It spoils specific story events. So the surprise will be gone.

It seems the trailer was targeted to people who have played ff7 many years ago. Is fishing for nostalgia

Indeed! It's crazy. It spoils specific story events. So the surprise will be gone.

Watched it, never played FF VII, no idea what was going on or who anybody was, won't remember any of it come April. :nope:

Watched it, never played FF VII, no idea what was going on or who anybody was, won't remember any of it come April. :nope:

in april? whoa i though its gonna be in feb or march. That's still quite long. Btw i've never really played ff7. I instantly got bored in the first few hours, so im looking forward for a fresh play of FF7R.

ugh my brain is weird. If its a movie or a video game, its very hard for my brain to forget. But real life stuff? What were i'm doing again? Look at google keep, oh!

Demo is stellar.

Yep! I'm on PS4 pro, it runs super loud despite the game is only 30fps. But the visual looks superb. The transition from prerendered to realtime also awesomely good.
there's still incomplete animation/logic tho. Dunno it will be like that in the final ver or not

When opening a chest, cloud will use his left or right hand as needed. Depending on position.

But when interacting with objects, cloud will always use his right hand, thus making him "slide" into the canned animation, depending on how far his right hand from the object of interest.
EDIT:
found another bug
  • On 5.1ch sound: Voice volume in cutscene are LOUDER than in-world/gameplay. So at default, it sounds good in world/gameplay but too loud in cutscene. If voice volume is lowered thru game option, cutscene sounds good, but too quiet on world/gameplay.
This is the exact same bug Kingdom Hearts 3 also have. SQEX also use unreal engine on that. So i think this bug is considered as "low priority" and wont ever be fixed until the PC version where hopefully, i can just manually fix it thru .ini tweaks (as all unreal engine games allow comprehensive ini tweaks).

But if its in the audio processing plugin itself, the old .dll fix for Witcher 3 voice volume bug maybe also can be used for FF7R.

EDIT2:
i think i found the issue. The game runs center channel with higher volume than other channels. Thus, i think
  • This wont be an issue in majority of gamers, because the majority use stereo. No center channel.
  • Should be relatively easy to fix on PC version with .ini change to lower only the center channel volume.
workaround
  • go to sound system advanced audio config, set center channel to lower volume (pretty annoying, as i would need to change it back and forth between default volume and lower volume, because i use it not just for FF7R)
EDIT3:
scratch that. The whole mixing is weird. for example, the "thud" SFX when you touched the floor after climbing a ladder is way louder than footsteps.

Last edited:
Square Enix is one of those companies where it's games have a mix of AAA work and elements of mediocrity.
Final Fantasy 15 was such game. The game design was outdated in a large span of the game, which made it often tedious with bad pacing. This includes animations, side quests, controls etc etc. Sometimes it felt like a PS2.5 title or an early PS3 game in terms of game design.
I hope this one fixes most of the problems.

Square Enix is one of those companies where it's games have a mix of AAA work and elements of mediocrity.
Final Fantasy 15 was such game. The game design was outdated in a large span of the game, which made it often tedious with bad pacing. This includes animations, side quests, controls etc etc. Sometimes it felt like a PS2.5 title or an early PS3 game in terms of game design.
I hope this one fixes most of the problems.

to be fair, it was developed since PS3 launch IIRC, and was originally designed as PS3 game.

As for FF7R, they will release it as episodic game. So theoretically, they could use the players feedback to improve future episodes.

I must say, I’m usually skeptic all of demos as you never really get an idea of the final game, but this one left me hella impressed.

The game looks gorgeous, the HDR is well done, the particles are sooooo sparkly and bright and cute, the character models are as close to Advent Children as I’ve ever seen in a game.

And the actual game is not slow and clunky like FF15, but actually quite quick and fun - this was my biggest shock.

Looking forward to this.

i don't know yet if i like the combat gameplay, i was a bit confused, it might take some time to get used to it.
The most annoying aspect was the camera, ennemies are sometimes moving fast and out of view, it's a bit of a pain to follow them, even with the lock-on button. switching combat styles was also not very responsive some times, had to press longer and harder the triangle button. Also i'm a bit sad this part one will only be Midgar, it looks so good that i'm impatient to see other cities/landscapes.

Yeah. SE is just notoriously bad with releasing games within somewhat reasonable time frames. Maybe UE4 is gonna help with their engine troubles in the future. Now compare them to Capcom releasing highly polished stuff multiple times a year for the last half decade.
Also, too bad my PS4 recently crapped out on me.

I must say, I’m usually skeptic all of demos as you never really get an idea of the final game, but this one left me hella impressed.

The game looks gorgeous, the HDR is well done, the particles are sooooo sparkly and bright and cute, the character models are as close to Advent Children as I’ve ever seen in a game.

And the actual game is not slow and clunky like FF15, but actually quite quick and fun - this was my biggest shock.

Looking forward to this.
Only owners of Z9D can appreciate such visual splendeur, the HDR and highlights are something to behold alright! The demo looked really great indeed, really can't wait to explore more of it.

Yeah. SE is just notoriously bad with releasing games within somewhat reasonable time frames. Maybe UE4 is gonna help with their engine troubles in the future. Now compare them to Capcom releasing highly polished stuff multiple times a year for the last half decade.
Also, too bad my PS4 recently crapped out on me.

Yeah, with kh3 and now ff7r using ue4, they probably are pretty comfortable with it. Hopefully the episodes will not take too long.

Btw what happen to your PS4? My ps4pro is now super loud and it's hdmi port is wiggly. I'm afraid it's gonna die... Maybe I should disassemble it, completely clean it, and replace all thermal interface...

I haven't used it in ages. Wanted to watch a Blu Ray recently, so I turned the console on. It then made a single clicking sound and turned off again right away. Connections all seem fine. Maybe it's the HDD?

Last edited:
I haven't used it in ages. Wanted to watch a Blu Ray recently, so I turned the console on. It then made a single clicking sound and turned off again right away. Connections all seem fine. Maybe it's the HDD?

That or potentially something related to the PSU. I've heard similar clicks (well assuming similar since I haven't actually heard yours :)) like that in similar situations which ended up being the power supply unit. For example, a short in a wire or other component that causes the PSU to shut down.

Regards,
SB

Back