Baldur's Gate III announced!

I read many forums and belive me, my feelings are not unique

I know. The decision realtime vs. turns is really upsetting some of the fans. But in grand scheme I would still wait until open alpha ends to see how the product shapes up before making up my mind. I would give bg3 chance if it was either way as long as the story is good. My roots are in turn based d&d, bg2 was just fine most of the time despite having to emulate turns with pause.

It's ok. though. Not everyone needs to like all games. I completely didn't like kojima's latest and wished he had made another mgs2/3 kind of game. That said some people really liked death stranding.

Maybe you would like pathfinder kingmaker? If you read reviews they are on the negative side but most of the complaints(other than difficulty) have been fixed with patches.

edit. I also played bg2 with 6 characters. That really made pause a mandatory evil, especially for spell casters.

could you say then that Pillars of Eternity -aside from the aformentioned Pathfinder Kingmaker- is the closest thing we have to BG today? I mean, by today's standards? 'Cos it's the one I find the most similiraties with. I also wonder why the party members are 4 and not 6 like in Baldur Gate's games. I have BG games and while not an expert, I enjoy having 6 charactersx.
Not an expert, played briefly in poe but yeah it has more vibes from bg2 than dos2 and gameplay of "bg3". I'm not into rpg as much today (love witcher3 though) but I was excited when bg3 was announced. Not so much after gameplay reveal.

Btw. For those who like turn based this game is pretty cool and from a small team. Mostly same people who made legend of grimrock series.

Yup, I can attest to that being a pretty good game. :)

Now if only I had the time to actually finish all these games I've tried that are so good.

Regards,
SB

WotC who owns baldurs gate asked larian studios to make bg3. Who knows, perhaps they like what larian is doing? d&d is inherently turn based and baldurs gate is based on d&d rules.

DOS2 sucks in the beginning and gets better and better towards end.
considering how Bioware has been lately and how Larian has been. I would have made the same decision as WOTC

considering how Bioware has been lately and how Larian has been. I would have made the same decision as WOTC

Yup, Bioware hasn't been capable of making a game like Baldur's Gate since they were acquired by EA. It's not the type of game that EA would allow to go into production. Just look at what happened to the Dragon Age series. DA:O started prior to the acquisition and was basically a modern day Baldur's Game sans D&D ruleset. Everything after that was a train wreck. Bioware immediately went from being an RPG focused company to something trying to appeal to Shooter fans and Action gaming fans.

Argh, sorry. I can't help but rant about it every time it comes up. EA absolutely destroyed Bioware.

Regards,
SB

Many of the old hats from Bioware are now in a new studio "Archetype" for Wizards of the Coast.

early release pushed back till Sept 30th if not later

Minimum

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel i5-4690 / AMD FX 4350
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 780 / AMD Radeon R9 280X
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 70 GB available space
Recommended

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel i7 4770k / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB / AMD RX580
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 70 GB available space

What are the requirements of split-screen modes usually compared to normal 1s modes? What would that mode not run on Xbox specifically? Wasn't the split-screen mode of Halo also scratch somehow?

Just read a developer saying split-screen mode should usually require more main memory to double assets in some cases. That and how the devs worded the problem on mandatory dev on both platform (meaning XSS). It could be a good reason of the problem for the XSS version delaying the whole thing on Xbox. I think we already heard similar stories for others games as well.

But I don't doubt they'll find ways on XSS (by cutting res, assets an such).

It's not delayed, just in development according to the Director of Publishing at the developer studio (larianstudios)

Dude come on… we didn’t say an Xbox version is “delayed” we said it’s in development. You’re killing me here. We said that there are tech things we wanted to solve before announcing any Xbox version…

Your Tweet says an on-the-way Xbox version is delayed, not that development is slowed. In development, there are thousands of challenges every day. This is normal. The pace of development varies per platform also. That’s also quite normal. Let’s call it a misunderstanding

Probably Series S and memory management I'd bet.

That's really MS' own doing.
I too gave it a possibility. Games like DoS2 and Baldur's Gate 3 tends to run heavy on the simulation side of things, I bet. And game really boasts high quality models from the looks of it, cutscenes look spectacular!

I too gave it a possibility. Games like DoS2 and Baldur's Gate 3 tends to run heavy on the simulation side of things, I bet. And game really boasts high quality models from the looks of it, cutscenes look spectacular!
It's visually quite impressive indeed.

The team is talented though. They got Divinity Original Sin 2 working on Switch. They'll get this working on Series S.. they just need more time.

They're doing it right though. They're holding the game until it's finished and done properly instead of releasing something that's broken and janky.. and I very much respect that, as unfortunate as it is.

Another interesting situation... Really... What is going on with Xbox...
i guess its the series s holding back the x here since the problem is split screen co-op maybe there isnt enough memory to do it.

It's visually quite impressive indeed.

The team is talented though. They got Divinity Original Sin 2 working on Switch. They'll get this working on Series S.. they just need more time.

They're doing it right though. They're holding the game until it's finished and done properly instead of releasing something that's broken and janky.. and I very much respect that, as unfortunate as it is.
thats cool and all but in the long run as games get bigger developers wont pay enough attention on series s versions theyll likely treat is as how they treated nintendo wii ports during ps360 gen, especially ue5 type of games

Back