Baldur's Gate III announced!

Probably should be in the PC forum. If it's anything like the DOS series then a console version will arrive much later after launch if at all. Although I guess Stadia makes it a console game also? Although I believe Stadia is just streaming PC versions of games.

Regards,
SB

As a pessimist I expect to be disappointed but hope for the best (just like with Shenmue 3 and Bloodlines 2).

Hope Larian includes their editor tools with the game like they did with Original Sin and Original Sin 2 but in a better shape (third time's a charm).

Will also be interesting to see if they use real time with pause like Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale and Neverwinter Nights or turn based combat like Divinitiy, Temple of Elemental Evil etc.

Excellent news, I can't wait to see the game itself. Mindflayers are a nasty buggars.

Exclusive on Epic Store in 3, 2...
Actually, devs said the game is coming out only on Steam, GOG and Stadia. There will be no EGS exclusivity.

As a pessimist I expect to be disappointed but hope for the best (just like with Shenmue 3 and Bloodlines 2).

Hope Larian includes their editor tools with the game like they did with Original Sin and Original Sin 2 but in a better shape (third time's a charm).

Will also be interesting to see if they use real time with pause like Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale and Neverwinter Nights or turn based combat like Divinitiy, Temple of Elemental Evil etc.

I'll take the optimist lane here. Divinity original sin2 definitive edition is gold. Larian has really nice track record on their games. Probably divinity engine will work great for baldur's gate.

Only real complaint I have about latest divinity is that it is confusing especially at beginning. Easy to go to wrong places and get killed and make no progress... If they had bit more clarity for player on what order would be good for doing quests the game would be near perfect. The story, battles, progression, crafting,... is much more refined and better in original sin 2 compared to the previous game.

Of course one can play divinity on easy but that feels like cheating to me. It's much more rewarding the other way around.

Last edited:
Larian is good at communicating. This one has some background how it came to be that larian is doing baldur's gate 3

What does this even mean? I don't get it, what would you of wanted different?

It didn't look and feel like old baldurs gate games. Old were realtime, new one is turn based. New d&d rules are not same as old, there is no alignment. Old games looked dark and gritty.

I'm not as hyped as before but I have liked both baldurs gate and dos so I'm likely to like bg3 too. I do like they made bg3 turn based. Some people will hate that.

Reactions: snc
I'm a huge Baldur's Gate fan, I have everything they made in those days on that engine, all expansions, Tales of the sword Coast, BGII expansion ending, Icewind dale etc.
I don't mind if the rule sets change or the graphics or engines change; I think that just comes with the territory.

But there's no real continuation from the other Baldur's Gate, this is no different than 1 final fantasy from the next in that respect. I was hoping that they would tie it back to Bhaal, but I guess it's not happening.
Unless you are a also spawn child. oooh yea. Perhaps... Perhaps.

I can't even remember how baldurs gate looked, I played it so long ago.

I loved it to bits though.

The trailer looked grittier enough to me though.

Back