Sony Playstation 5 Reveal? [The Great Awaitening] [HangOver Day: 2020-03-18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It remembered me about the 'unannounced best features'...
What could it be good for?

Girlfriend: Darling, what's that telephone number i've found in your jacket?!? Another girl? Again?!!??
Player: uhhm... no idea, but - no!
PS5: Liar! Liar! Liar! Liar!

... make more, uglier monsters if heartbeat too low?

... more jumpscares, until that heartbeat finally stops?

I'm not convinced. But maybe i'm underestimating.

Tried Steam controller. It's not bad. But i still feel disconnected - mouse look is so essential for me.

Best was Metroid on some Nintendo handheld, with pen and touchscreen for looking. This felt totally great.

I play World of Warcraft Classic with the Steam Controller. Adapted pretty well to the right trackpad with my thumb to control the camera and to use the cursor to click on stuff. Still use the tab key on keyboard to switch between targets though.

Sony is probably 3-4TF lower then MS and are trying to figure out how to present and market this fact. There is no doubt in my mind that MS is trying to force their hand by dripping info such as the one during TGAs and now this weeks specs via blog post.

My guess is, they will go all out with great looking next gen games + SSD magic, 3D audio, VR, heart rate monitor in controller and few other bits and pieces to steer conversation away and present PS5 as incredibly well rounded console with great specs at lower price then competitor.

Sony is building PS5 marketing around many different features all coming together, while MS is posting Oxford dictionary of TF at their official twitter account. Doesn't take genius to know which company is shooting for higher TF number.

if Sony goes vague with specs but accompany ps5 reveal with a bunch of gameplay videos, it would be awesome.

They're still going to have to release the specs imo...even if it's only done through a press release.

Going vague is even worse that staying silent (which is incredibly wrongheaded IMO). That makes you look like a liar instead of just weak.

I've read that when there's a pr disaster and everyone is talking about it, that is the worst moment to address it publicly.
When the rage lowers, the notion is metabolized by the public, and expect the worst, the pr make an official communication.
At least this is one strategy.
If followed, the best moment will be around the launch.

In case of nintendo we add a general ballpark thank to nvidia, and nobody really care or expect any hard number from nintendo.

Sony is Nintendo now?...

Lots, lots of flops......so many flops we shall have.....LOL

To be fair, Nintendo hasn't designed a new piece of hardware where cutting edge processing capabilities was touted as a selling point since the Gamecube. Nintendo has found unique ways to make their products attractive to consumers in other ways.

You what? How many teraflops did Nintendo announce for Switch?
None that I'm aware of. Nintendo stays silent, which I said is wrongheaded, and why I do not own one. Making vague and misleading statements, while maybe not an actual falsehood, has the appearance that you are trying to deceive people, which is because you are.

Maybe a more appropriate example would be when they talked about GPGPU for WiiU, and "Power7-based" CPU. :p

(I could very well be misremembering though, TheAlSpark plans change etc etc.)

None that I'm aware of. Nintendo stays silent, which I said is wrongheaded, and why I do not own one. Making vague and misleading statements, while maybe not an actual falsehood, has the appearance that you are trying to deceive people, which is because you are.
What lie has Sony fed you? If they've never claimed any performance, then whatever performance they release it cannot be a lie. It's only a lie if they knowingly tell you data that is not true. Giving no specs whatsoever means they cannot be considered liars on account of GPU performance.

What lie has Sony fed you? If they've never claimed any performance, then whatever performance they release it cannot be a lie. It's only a lie if they knowingly tell you data that is not true. Giving no specs whatsoever means they cannot be considered liars on account of GPU performance.
I'm not really interested in getting in to who said what. I'm just saying that as a practice in speaking to the public, being silent is bad and being vague is worse.

At this point the most interesting thing to do is to open bets. There’s really not much else we can do other than bet our money, cars, houses on this.

I bet something is coming before the end of the first week of March.

At this point the most interesting thing to do is to open bets. There’s really not much else we can do other than bet our money, cars, houses on this.

I bet something is coming before the end of the first week of March.
I thought a mod on era said something interesting was going to happen tonight

At this rate Sony is just gonna do a last minute reveal right before TGS, I think they're still trying to get it as close to 12 TF as possible before revealing the final number.

At this rate Sony is just gonna do a last minute reveal right before TGS, I think they're still trying to get it as close to 12 TF as possible before revealing the final number.
They don't need to announce specs. They can showcase the console and experience and use adjectives like 'fast'. Quite possibly waiting on the OS and some good game visuals for their reveal as much as anything else.

First will they reveal this year if production problem continues to be proeminent and block the supply chain production in Asia maybe the next generation consoles will be reported to 2021.

And they begin to think maybe E3 will be cancelled

Microsof just announced the surface result will be impacted by production supply chain problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back