Status
Not open for further replies.
Here it is:

K9tB774_d.jpg

1 - it was posted on pastebin
2 - it was deleted afterwards

DOUBLE CONFIRMED

Whoever did that was Brilliant...
  1. Post something to Pastebin that someone somewhere wants to hear.
  2. Take a screenshot of it.
  3. Delete it to make it look like someone important had it take down.
  4. Post it somewhere that people who want to hear that will see it.
  5. Profit!
Or maybe not. :D

Regards,
SB

Isn't the logo reveal considered a public marketing announcement? :mad:
Aw dang..

5. Profit!

Regards,
SB
We need a thread for baseless speculation on when the PS5 will be revealed.
And then we just update this thread when something actually comes out.

5. Profit!

Regards,
SB

At least we only have 48hrs to suffer

Watch Sony do a "reveal" and not show any specs or price.

I really think if they are 9TF, why would they reveal that in a splashy stream? There's no way.

They will say "powered by our most advanced and powerful custom AMD GPU yet" or what have you, when it comes to the GPU details, and leave it at that.

That will be nigh proof of a figure under the competitors to reasonable people, but OTOH the fanboys will still have leash to run.

I wouldn't necessarily expect a price either. MS has already had two reveals and not stated that.

Sony is probably 3-4TF lower then MS and are trying to figure out how to present and market this fact. There is no doubt in my mind that MS is trying to force their hand by dripping info such as the one during TGAs and now this weeks specs via blog post.

My guess is, they will go all out with great looking next gen games + SSD magic, 3D audio, VR, heart rate monitor in controller and few other bits and pieces to steer conversation away and present PS5 as incredibly well rounded console with great specs at lower price then competitor.

Sony is building PS5 marketing around many different features all coming together, while MS is posting Oxford dictionary of TF at their official twitter account. Doesn't take genius to know which company is shooting for higher TF number.

Last edited:
$399 for 9TF PS5 vs $549 for XsX sounds fair but I don't think it's 9TF in the end. Sony was pimping it to be some high end niche product at some point and 9TF just doesn't cut it. There's definitely more to it.

heart rate monitor in controller

Lol, what? Guess that's what happens if your out of ideas. Nine generations of consoles, with each new gen the controller doing something new, somewhere you gotta run out of ideas for something entirely new, so include a heart rate monitor.
Offcourse better graphics etc are a given.

Here it is:

K9tB774_d.jpg

1 - it was posted on pastebin
2 - it was deleted afterwards

DOUBLE CONFIRMED

You know what? A little bird told me last week that there would be news about PS5 this week, but I didn't post anything here as I really don't know the guy much. Now with that I'm really curious to know if it's true.

ol, what? Guess that's what happens if your out of ideas. Nine generations of consoles, with each new gen the controller doing something new, somewhere you gotta run out of ideas for something entirely new, so include a heart rate monitor.

Yeah, i think biometric sensors make little sense. Too hard to calibrate to individuals.
And wtf does it help to measure if the player is frightened or not, if your boring game fails to frighten him at all in the first place?

Just put a trackball or equivalent on that gampads and i'm in.

Same rant towards PC: Finally give me analog stick for movement in addition to great mouse look. Keyboard totally sucks! How the hell can a keyboard be for gaming?

Lol, what? Guess that's what happens if your out of ideas. Nine generations of consoles, with each new gen the controller doing something new, somewhere you gotta run out of ideas for something entirely new, so include a heart rate monitor.
Offcourse better graphics etc are a given.

A patent for something like that surfaced recently by Sony.

Yeah, i think biometric sensors make little sense. Too hard to calibrate to individuals.
And wtf does it help to measure if the player is frightened or not, if your boring game fails to frighten him at all in the first place?

Just put a trackball or equivalent on that gampads and i'm in.

Same rant towards PC: Finally give me analog stick for movement in addition to great mouse look. Keyboard totally sucks! How the hell can a keyboard be for gaming?

That's why I use a Steam Link + Steam Controller when I play PC games.

Google Trans
PSGermany: You know what we're going to tell you today, don't you?
dude: The specs and design of the PS5?
PSGermany: Nate FIllion gif

A patent for something like that surfaced recently by Sony.
It remembered me about the 'unannounced best features'...
What could it be good for?

Girlfriend: Darling, what's that telephone number i've found in your jacket?!? Another girl? Again?!!??
Player: uhhm... no idea, but - no!
PS5: Liar! Liar! Liar! Liar!

... make more, uglier monsters if heartbeat too low?

... more jumpscares, until that heartbeat finally stops?

I'm not convinced. But maybe i'm underestimating.

That's why I use a Steam Link + Steam Controller when I play PC games.
Tried Steam controller. It's not bad. But i still feel disconnected - mouse look is so essential for me.

Best was Metroid on some Nintendo handheld, with pen and touchscreen for looking. This felt totally great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back