Uh... Help. Stuck on windows 10 boot (spinning loading)

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
I can boot into safe mode just fine but normal boot give me unlimited spinning loading thingy.

Startup repair found no issue. This happens after I rebooted the computer after installing latest and chipset driver...

Oh! I have not tried uninstalling the driver from safe mode!

Edit:
Uninstalled, still stuck. Safe mode still works fine

Last edited:
I can boot into safe mode just fine but normal boot give me unlimited spinning loading thingy.

Startup repair found no issue. This happens after I rebooted the computer after installing latest and chipset driver...

Oh! I have not tried uninstalling the driver from safe mode!

Yup definitely revert whatever changes you made first. Startup repair will generally only find issues if it's something directly related to the Windows installation. If there's something else mucking with things, it may or may not be able to find it.

Regards,
SB

Yup definitely revert whatever changes you made first. Startup repair will generally only find issues if it's something directly related to the Windows installation. If there's something else mucking with things, it may or may not be able to find it.

Regards,
SB
Still the same issue :(

Any idea how to boot to safe mode without interrupting the boot process 3 times and waiting for auto repair to end?

Its really time consuming to try stuff due to that hahaha

So, are you able to get into Safe Mode at all? If so try to access MSCONFIG. You can use this to temporarily change what Windows boots with. It's a great troubleshooting tool. Set it to do a diagnostic startup (this should try to boot Windows only with the bare minimum of Windows services and without 3rd party programs or drivers) and see if it'll boot into Windows.

If that gets you into Windows, you can then use MSCONFIG without Safe Booting to selectively toggle things off and on to try to find what is causing the problem.

If that doesn't work I'd stick another Windows boot drive onto the same connector the current drive uses and see if the machine boots. It should, if not something is terribly wrong.

Regards,
SB

So, are you able to get into Safe Mode at all? If so try to access MSCONFIG. You can use this to temporarily change what Windows boots with. It's a great troubleshooting tool. Set it to do a diagnostic startup (this should try to boot Windows only with the bare minimum of Windows services and without 3rd party programs or drivers) and see if it'll boot into Windows.

If that gets you into Windows, you can then use MSCONFIG without Safe Booting to selectively toggle things off and on to try to find what is causing the problem.

If that doesn't work I'd stick another Windows boot drive onto the same connector the current drive uses and see if the machine boots. It should, if not something is terribly wrong.

Regards,
SB

I was able to boot to safe mode just fine. But after doing a reset, it says "something went wrong while reseting your PC" and now I can't even boot to safe mode.

Last resort, reinstall from USB. Hopefully I can backup my data from windows installation page

Uh... I think something went wrong with windows after installing the amd chipset driver update.

Turns out my windows partition was moved from C to E. Now D has become C.

Have you tried uninstalling the cat and then turning it off and on again?

Thanks for the idea!

I removed all internal storage except the boot drive.

1. The usual uefi boot screen
2. Windows spinning loading
3. WINDOWS UPDATE SCREEN
4. Yay! I'm on normal windows!

It seems windows update combined with amd chipset driver update on one same reboot = catastrophe.

Edit:
Maybethis is related to windows update awhile ago that bricks PC all around the world, then Microsoft delayed the update for like 6 months or something?

That bug also makes your drive letter jumbled, making windows unable to boot.

Reading this again... Ah, I see... I had to decipher the hidden message to see what you actually did.

Thanks for the idea!

I removed the cat.

1. The usual uefi boot screen
2. Windows spinning loading
3. WINDOWS UPDATE SCREEN
4. Yay! I'm on normal windows!

It seems windows update combined with amd chipset driver update on one same reboot = cat-astrophe

:D

Regards,
SB

Maybe this issue is related to windows update awhile ago that bricks PC all around the world, then Microsoft delayed the update for months?

That bug also makes your drive letter jumbled, making windows unable to boot.
Reading this again... Ah, I see... I had to decipher the hidden message to see what you actually did.

:D

Regards,
SB
Hahaha. Now I wish B3D have smiley support haha.

Back