Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I consider that implausible. The phrasing suggests o'dium knows the specs and he references the previous narrative of both consoles being within spitting distance of each other's TFs. I suppose there's a possibility that some GAFfers post 12 v 12 specs, o'dium's friends working on 9 v 12 SDKs say, "they are close. You can't really notice the differences on screen", and o'dium decides that means the 12 v 12 situation is true and repeats a tiny difference in performance. That'd require never getting any specs from his friends - why would they talk in relative terms? If they're happy to talk about the machines, why wouldn't they go the whole hog as long as they trust o'dium not to go public with them?
You forgot to add this quote. Dude probably indirectly slipped a number out too to further emphasis that difference.
Just buy the box that you like. You will anyway. If it’s going to run 1fps slower then... I’m sorry.
Sounds to me like less than half a teraflop difference on the tiny, teeeny scale:).

Here's a question, if some people would regard 9 vs 12 as a tiny, weeny difference, what would they refer 11.8 vs 12.4 as? Mega ultra tiny weeeeeeny?
I mean; It’s sort of an unfair projection since they never used the words tiny difference. People who are on the 9 vs 12 camp is because they are looking at a legitimate github leak that so far has aligned effectively with everything else. And using that leak they see 9 v 12. They weren’t the ones saying that was a tiny performance difference.
One is spec talking; the other is realization of final output.

the difference between 4Pro and X1X is also 1fps difference btw. They also share pretty close FPS with the base consoles :)

I mean; It’s sort of an unfair projection since they never used the words tiny difference. People who are on the 9 vs 12 camp is because they are looking at a legitimate github leak that so far has aligned effectively with everything else. And using that leak they see 9 v 12. They weren’t the ones saying that was a tiny performance difference.
One is spec talking; the other is realization of final output.

the difference between 4Pro and X1X is also 1fps difference btw. They also share pretty close FPS with the base consoles :)
Haha why yes, if PS3 renders Cyberpunk in 240p it would also be considered within 1-2 fps of difference to next gen consoles. I highly doubt O'dium was touting this without considering context:LOL:.

Another person who I don't understand why they're in this thread. This thread is for discussing unproven and unprovable theories.

As a mod, I don't know what to do about it. Repeating ad nauseum what this thread is about clearly isn't working. Thread banning people who can't get into the spirit of the discussion would only move their chatter elsewhere. Maybe it needs two threads - one for people who don't care about the outcome and one for those who just want to repeat what they think next-gen consoles will be?
I have been fairly inactive in this thread lately but I just wanted to reply to bogus argument that people believe in 9.2TF v 12TF because they want console B to be stronger then console A, when truth is actually exact opposite.

No offcourse not, everyone is entitled to believe in what they want to believe in. Everyone is also entitled to not believe in what they refuse to.
In this case, if you want it to be 13TF, or higher, you will find answers to that, that will fit your narrative. There's magnitude of 'insiders' and even officials who claim PS5 will be around 9TF, but those aren't 'seen' because those you want to refuse to believe.
Mr kettle meet Mr teapot.

Both the 13TF and 9TF for PS5 have substantial leaks from insiders, only the 9TF can be backed up by data coming from AMD themselfs, which DF explained must be the PS5, although possibly not in final form. That's the state of it today. We are in the baseless section so anyone is offcourse welcome to discuss any leak, even if its unfounded or outright fiction, but every discussion will be discussed and countered, it's a forum :)
Yes, we are aware...we're also aware the data is questionable.

And again, no i have nothing against what leaks people believe in, it's the same the other way around though
Yet you keep on jumping on leaks which favour PS5 based off the questionable 'hard data'.

From my perspective, 9.2 vs 12TF could be seen as a tiny difference in the final result on screen, in special in cross plat games, and this what most likely the friend to him had seen, onscreen results of the two games.
I can't imagine any universe or anyone (other than yourself) that thinks 30% is tiny;

30% off sale
30% pay rise
30% over a speeding limit
30% bigger garden
30% cheaper to run
30% more FPS

None of these are considererd tiny, I could go on (forever).

That careful choice of words isn't giving me much confidence. If Mark Cerny, or Herman Hulst, or Shu Yoshida, said this it would get me really interested. But Jim Ryan is an executive, so he gets excited by business models and services. Maybe I'm wrong.
You mean like a Logo? Yeah, I don't know the man from Adam but if he's the new face of Playstation marketing I'm..........unimpressed.

Haha why yes, if PS3 renders Cyberpunk in 240p it would also be considered within 1-2 fps of difference to next gen consoles. I highly doubt O'dium was touting this without considering context:LOL:.
Well I mean yea I’m teasing you :)
But I guess for me; my experience here with Ubisoft. They don’t let in workers into NDA areas without a card. They don’t talk about NDA items in non NDA areas.

So at best; they are talking about the PC version. Few people will actually know the performance differences and talk about it outside of those closed doors.

I’m sorry; it’s just the way I read it. Every 3rd party studio will say it’s super close. They are partners and want their software to sell equally everywhere. Destiny 1 On PS4 and XBO are exactly the same; but there was a 30% performance difference. Very few will be able to tell the difference between Destiny 2 on XBO and PS4; and they leveraged the full power differential.

I’m not saying this to discredit the notion that the two hardware configurations could
Be close. But this is not the data I would use as a refute to the github leaks. One could easily poke holes through this.

the reality of the output is true that graphically they could look the same. I’m on the boat that whatever happens; 30% or 5% difference, the output will largely be the same.

but if we are talking technical specs; I have no reason to believe this testimony would refute what we have from github yet. These aren't the data points that will make Github go away.

Last edited:
But I guess for me; my experience here with Ubisoft. They don’t let in workers into NDA areas without a card. They don’t talk about NDA items in non NDA areas.

So at best; they are talking about the PC version. Few people will actually know the performance differences and talk about it outside of those closed doors.

I’m sorry; it’s just the way I read it. Every 3rd party studio will say it’s super close. They are partners and want their software to sell equally everywhere. Destiny 1 On PS4 and XBO are exactly the same; but there was a 30% performance difference. Very few will be able to tell the difference between Destiny 2 on XBO and PS4; and they leveraged the full power differential.

I’m not saying this to discredit the notion that the two hardware configurations could
Be close. But this is not the data I would use as a refute to the github leaks. One could easily poke holes through this.

the reality of the output is true that graphically they could look the same. I’m on the boat that whatever happens; 30% or 5% difference, the output will largely be the same.

but if we are talking technical specs; I have no reason to believe this testimony would refute what we have from github yet. These aren't the data points that will make Github go away.
stop posting here and deliver Ray Traced Splinter Cell, lazy dev. :mad:

You mean all the leaks from Ubisoft over the years have been fake because of there triple secret security? :oops::runaway::runaway::oops:

I’m sorry; it’s just the way I read it. Every 3rd party studio will say it’s super close. They are partners and want their software to sell equally everywhere.
Exactly, this is the counterpoint to everyone who keeps saying 8tf is no different to 12tf.

But then you go back on it. I guess you're one of those..........

No, that wont happen until Arden = PS5 is confirmed. :cool::cool:

I wouldn't confuse Sony marketing 'teh powah of cell' with what developers were saying.
Well Sony did themselves no favors for sure, but there were a whole lotta Nvidia apologists out there pointing fingers. In the end, even they had to admit that RSX was a bit of a "dog".

There, now I've used "they" enough to build my own strawman army. Off to fight Proelite and his strawman defense!! :LOL:

You mean all the leaks from Ubisoft over the years have been fake because of there triple secret security? :oops::runaway::runaway::oops:

Exactly, this is the counterpoint to everyone who keeps saying 8tf is no different to 12tf.

But then you go back on it. I guess you're one of those..........

No, that wont happen until Arden = PS5 is confirmed. :cool::cool:
I don’t really have a side to take here.
I work in data science now. It’s hard for me to ignore data; the point of my role is to analyze.

as for Ubisoft; it’s one thing to see or hear things about existing IPs on the office floor. But _no one_ knew about star link that was being made behind closed NDA rooms in Ubisoft Toronto.

so I disagree. When they are working on new IPs or NDA hardware they have proficient security in place to deal with things.

The account provided by odium is so detailed it’s too easy to track down who it was. It’s careless and reckless to write something like that.

The account provided by odium is so detailed it’s too easy to track down who it was. It’s careless and reckless to write something like that.
Are you sure you're talking about o'dium's account? The possible identification here was being given by OsirisBlack.

Had a quick flick through the pages.
Just wanted to say that saying XO - PS4 or 1X - 4Pro the power related to more than resolution. I would say any time it had more effects, framerate etc could be attributed to things other than just TF, memory bandwidth, memory organization and management like ESRAM.

Majority of the time TF was used to improve resolution only, obviously you will find the odd case where that wasn't the case. But don't forget TF isn't the only difference in the current gen machines.

Exactly like how they said it before last gen when 1.4 was no different from 1.8.
It didn’t help that PS4 had a huge RAM advantage on top of double the ROPs. I don’t expect such disparities this time around, and thus a significant raw TF difference would need to be present beyond a 40% compute gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back