Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) (SARS-CoV-2) [2020]

Is there something you've heard? Otherwise Wuhan is a long ways away. Unless you are using SK Hynix as a supplier there isn't much to keep you from producing your core components right now. Fabrication is a bit different but don't really need that until June.
The internet told me there were cases in Taiwan, but who knows where it goes from there. :oops:

TrendForce's estimates on the effects of coronavirus outbreak on electronics etc
https://press.trendforce.com/node/view/3334.html

497877001581922779.png

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-china-health-study-idUKKBN20G00H

That's potentially concerning. People infected by the virus but showing no symptoms can carry the virus and spread it to others.

Most concerning when it comes to the service industry where someone infected could be cleaning rooms, for instance, and no one would know they were sick to make them take time off.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
Doesn't that suggest they have some immunity and their blood could be used to create a vaccine?
Not showing symptoms doesn't mean there wouldn't be symptoms in the future.
We don't know how long the incubation period for SARS-CoV-2 is to develop COVID-19, currently longest known is 27 days from exposure, but earlier the estimates were from mere couple days to under 2 weeks, so clearly we have no clue.

The US is totally unprepared for this. Trump has gutted the CDC and most of the federal emergency services and replaced qualified people with cronies, when it hits here I'm very afraid it's gonna be quite terrible. :(

Aaww fuck, I have a conference in Milan in a week.

Or maybe I had a conference..?
HAD! This stuff is worth being worried/afraid/changing you plans over. If there's a large outbreak near where you're supposed to go, don't!

I don't normally worry about these scares, but this one is frightening me like no other before. It's more real and less news-PR scare tactics. :|

The US is totally unprepared for this. Trump has gutted the CDC and most of the federal emergency services and replaced qualified people with cronies, when it hits here I'm very afraid it's gonna be quite terrible. :(
https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisett...irus-infections-and-deaths-rise/#225b97d018da

Yes trump wanting to cut the CDC budget by 16% now during this crisis shows he really believes he can get away with anything.
Republicans (being conservatives) are ppl that generally are more afraid of stuff so I really can’t see may trump supporters being happy with this cut.
Also that can’t be right, USA contributes only 2.5% of the WHO’s budget, its prolly 25%

@MfA i believe you can catch confid- 19 more than once

Last edited:
@MfA i believe you can catch confid- 19 more than once
At the moment if you catch it, you can be well treated in hospital. When everyone's catching it, resources will be too stretched and chances are your care will be well less than optimal. Hence catching it early is better for you, but not catching it at all is better for everyone.

Back