Sony Playstation 5 Reveal? [The Great Awaitening] [HangOver Day: 2020-03-18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that one fake?
Man I just can't fathom how Sony is literally skipping everything on the launch year.
Yea it probably is. Just trying to turn your disappointment around.

yes the missing of events is not the standard for sure. Not necessarily sure what it means except that it’s a different approach.

So much for having a plethora of other events Sony was going to attend to make up for no E3 presence.

This didn’t matter last gen, they can always make a last min change like MS last time.

Last generation MS's clock bump meant nothing in relation to cost. But you can bet that the decision of going 1.8-2.0Ghz has a concrete impact on total costs like chip yield, available units and broken machines causing increased repair/replacement cases.

Or they can just come to Chicago, we had no problem hosting a recent large international event.

I have a big place, with a garden. They’re welcome here and we can do a livestream with Sony and my dog, oh and PS5 stuff. I’ll even go pick them up from Sony’s Soho studios so they avoid public transport.

Makes perfect sense to me. I have the best dog.

I actually do have a point somewhere.

They can reveal the bloody thing in a variety of ways that easily avoid the bloody coronavirus. If they’re not, there’s a reason, and my ever growing gut tells me that it’s because they don’t like dogs, so Sony are cancelled.

Maybe they didn't realise how badly they screwed up until the reveal blowback hit them. The X1 was a 120W or so unit with an oversized case/cooling solution. The slight clock bump hardly meant anything there.

Surely it must have. Otherwise why didn't they have the higher clock in the first place?
Sample testing isn't absolutely the same as production testing, it's all done at a smaller scale on different equipment which can impact output. Sample testing that indicates that production yields at 800Mhz would hit the sweet spot but actual production the same yields could have resulted in the 853Mhz shipping part. Of course, there may have been the option to go with cheaper (more viable chips per wafer) at 800Mhz but maybe Microsoft didn't need more, maybe faster was better from a PR perspective.

Yeah, I realised that after posting. Saturday lie-in shattered by a courier hammering on the door and my brain isn't working properly yet!

I have a big place, with a garden. They’re welcome here and we can do a livestream with Sony and my dog, oh and PS5 stuff. I’ll even go pick them up from Sony’s Soho studios so they avoid public transport.

Makes perfect sense to me. I have the best dog.

I actually do have a point somewhere.

They can reveal the bloody thing in a variety of ways that easily avoid the bloody coronavirus. If they’re not, there’s a reason, and my ever growing gut tells me that it’s because they don’t like dogs, so Sony are cancelled.

How come you never invited me and my palls over Mr. Boy?

I guess if they were planning a live presentation at e.g. GDC and decided on not going through, they now could change that to a scripted video broadcast on youtube and other platforms. However, they'd still need production on said video, which also takes time..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back