Sony VR Headset/Project Morpheus/PlayStation VR

Oh the PSVR is reeeaaally far away from the best solution.
1MPx per eye at this point is really terrible for most games. After using my Lenovo Explorer with 2x the pixel density I just find it really difficult to go back to PSVR.

It's still the most popular VR solution in the market though.
How do you find it to have to mess about with game settings though? I still prefer PSVR for the plug and play experience. I can deal with inconsistent FPS on flat gaming, but in VR is very disturbing.

I wouldn't know how inconsistent framerates in PC VR are like because the ones I tried aren't really demanding (they rarely are afaik) and my Vega 64 seems to max out the headset's 90Hz refresh rate.

But ATM I'm not the greatest example of VR knowledge because with the baby+child around the house the only time I can isolate myself from the world without fear of the older destroying the house and/or the smaller one choking on random objects or having to change diapers before something worse happens is.. well.. never.

What is this super strong 1st wave of games on the Vita you speak of?
Vita's release window library was mediocre at best. We got Uncharted and ...?

2 years after release during 2013 the Vita was already on life support everywhere but Japan where it got a steady stream of JRPGs and visual novels.
PSVR OTOH 4 years after release is getting Iron Man as an exclusive, and it's the most popular VR platform in the world.

uncharted
wipeout
nfs
tearaway
killzone
gravity rush
miku
atelier
danganronpa
god eater
dragon's crown
persona

then as 2nd wave it got
freedom wars
resident evil
uh...
nothing?

then it dries out, then it gets more games
DQB
WoFF
atelier

yeah that killzone. i may have got the years jumbled, i also probably missing a bunch of games.

Tearaway also should be on the 2nd wave, and LBP added to 1st wave.

uncharted
wipeout
nfs
tearaway
killzone
gravity rush
miku
atelier
danganronpa
god eater
dragon's crown
persona

then as 2nd wave it got
freedom wars
resident evil
uh...
nothing?

then it dries out, then it gets more games
DQB
WoFF
atelier

So by 1st wave you actually mean games that came out throughout the first 2 years?
I'm not sure I'd call those 1st wave.

Yeah. Not to mention a 2+-years-long list that's being padded with "classics" such as God Eater, Atelier games (which, no matter what you think of them as games, are pretty damn shoddy on the Vita), and Hatsune Miku isn't a particularly flattering thing.
I liked the Vita for Wipeout and particularly Dragon's Crown. Little Big Planet was pretty decent as well. But unless you had a soft spot for all the weeby stuff from Japan you were just shit out of luck.

By Resident Evil I'm guessing you're talking about Revelations 2? Now that's a port nothing short of disastrous.

The one great thing about PSVR is the fact that, if only in the beginning, developers poured some serious effort and money into the thing. Sure, technically the device has been superceded a long time ago, but where else can you play games that were specifically developed for VR and not on a shoestring budget? I mean I like Superhot and Beat Saber, but I still prefer stuff like Rigs, Astrobot, RE7, or Rush of Blood.

Last edited:
I thought it was a pretty good on rails shooter ... but I didn’t try anything beyond the demo. There is a PSVR game in the PlayStation Plus free games occasionally including this week ...

My favorites so far are still probably Beat Saber, AstroBot: Rescue Mission and SuperHot VR.

PSVR games at least used to be on sale quite frequently. That said, Rush of Blood was never more than 20 quid anyways. Well worth it.
I think it's not just a pretty good on-rails shooter, by the way. It's certainly the best one I've ever played. The levels are wonderfully inventive and even on a regular PS4 it just looks so damn cool.

PSVR games at least used to be on sale quite frequently. That said, Rush of Blood was never more than 20 quid anyways. Well worth it.
I think it's not just a pretty good on-rails shooter, by the way. It's certainly the best one I've ever played. The levels are wonderfully inventive and even on a regular PS4 it just looks so damn cool.

play with a friend and tell him/her to "skew/tilt" your chair according to the events on screen. IMMERSION x10000

Astrobot is the game to have on PSVR, if not the game to have in VR period.

RE7 if you can take the locomotion. Rez is pretty cool too. I also really like Rigs and Eve Valkyrie. No idea whether anyone still plays those games, though. They're very multi player focused. Eve in particular. Rigs is enjoyable solo as well because it has bots.
Save for Rez they're all on the stomach churning side, so beware.

Back