Sony Playstation 5 Reveal? [The Great Awaitening] [HangOver Day: 2020-03-18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony should team up with Elon Musk and use SpaceX to skywrite "PS5 Time to Play". That thing just looks so alien and cool!

I think they just wait to see the coronavirus epidemy evolution... it's something that can really impact (IMHO not much sales but production, logistic and more costs)...

Which you need anyways if you want patched games.
It depends where you live. Low income gamers go for 6mbits dsl with very low data caps for 9.99 (if available), then it gets much more expensive per month if one game is bigger than the entire month cap. Some places also have no broadband competition and charge ridiculous amounts. Families also share that data cap.

You can buy a used console for a nice price, a couple used games, and borrow games from other people at school and play games for a decade, later in the generation the games are in bargain bins. You can play single player games and couch multiplayer, sports games with friends, without ever connecting the console to the internet.

My point is that services are a recurring costs for as long as you want to play the games, it's only a good value if you intend to play many different games. It gets harder to justify services like psnow or gamepass for people who just want to play super smash brothers and mario karts with friends, or any local MP sports games, or single player games that are easy to borrow and finished quickly. They buy last year edition of sports games for almost nothing and don't have to pay anything monthly just to continue play.

My point is that services are a recurring costs for as long as you want to play the games, it's only a good value if you intend to play many different games. It gets harder to justify services like psnow or gamepass for people who just want to play super smash brothers and mario karts with friends, or any local MP sports games, or single player games that are easy to borrow and finished quickly. They buy last year edition of sports games for almost nothing and don't have to pay anything monthly just to continue play.

how about for those those that use their console exclusively for sports game (FIFA, madden, etc)? its a yearly recurring cost

currently 1 year of gamepass (1 year XBLG+1 dollars gamepass promo) cost the same as 1 FIFA game. Albeit FIFA is not in gamepass. Maybe EA Pass or soemthing?

That was creepy as hell......
I love it. It brings up memories from ads from the PS1 and 2 era with a modern twist.
I miss the "Do not Underestimate The Power of the Playstation" slogan.
I hope we see more of the "Feel the Power of the Playstation" and crazy viral ads.
This is nothing compared to the even weirder PS2 ads

So..February could still be possible.
https://www.gamesradar.com/ps5-reveal-timeline-is-comparable-to-the-past-says-sony/
"It's very difficult to really discuss this timing-wise," continued Totoki, "but as of today, we will provide the guidance at a time period which is comparable to the past. So we will not change the time schedule."

While he's speaking in heavy legalese, Totoki appears to be suggesting that PS5 reveal timeline will follow the same beats as that of the PS4's debut, which - if taken at face value - still leaves a chance for that rumoured PS5 February reveal event to take place, even if it's just in the form of a State of Play livestream.
Come on Sony while we're still young.

Heck, when Sony released God of War II - arguably one of their most ambitious games ever created - it was to the old PS2. Only back then the next console hadn't merely been announced properly, it got released at least 6 months before.

Last time they had The Last of Us in June 2013 and the show the PS4 sooner. They just choose to do things differently.

Thing is, last of us wasn't going to be available on PS4 at launch as BC wasn't a thing like it will be now. I already own a PS4, but if i wouldnt, and want to play ghost of tsushima, i most likely would wait those extra few months and invest in a PS5, instead of buying a PS4 when the game releases. No idea how many that think like this, but maybe adopters that have not got a PS4 yet might consider some extra wait, as we are close to the 9th gen now. That is, if PS5 is fully BC with PS4 games at no extra cost etc.

Thing is, last of us wasn't going to be available on PS4 at launch as BC wasn't a thing like it will be now. I already own a PS4, but if i wouldnt, and want to play ghost of tsushima, i most likely would wait those extra few months and invest in a PS5, instead of buying a PS4 when the game releases. No idea how many that think like this, but maybe adopters that have not got a PS4 yet might consider some extra wait, as we are close to the 9th gen now. That is, if PS5 is fully BC with PS4 games at no extra cost etc.

The people not having a PS4, they aren't early adopters. People will buy FF7 Remake, TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsuhima. Most first party xclusives games will run ok on current gen consoles, the only big exception was TLOU last gen where ND push the PS3 too far but they released four games on it. Out of FF7 Remake I will not play third party games this year on PS4. I prefer wait PS5. I think to Cyberpunk 2077 for example.

Thing is, last of us wasn't going to be available on PS4 at launch as BC wasn't a thing like it will be now.
The people not having a PS4, they aren't early adopters.

FF7 Remake and TLOU Part II are super famous titles so yes Sony may postpone PS5 news after the two games are released. Other games will not affect PS5 promotions.

However if we consider nintendo used YouTube for Switch reveal then Sony will learn this when Japan is seriously threatened by the 2019 coronavirus.

It really doesn't matter what kind of reveal they do, they'd want to announce the announcement to drive hype either way. You'd expect a countdown to show up way before the reveal and probably some kind of briefing for all the press on the fact that it will be a reveal.

Whenever it happens, it will be known at least a week or 2 in advance.

They could announce the reveal a week beforehand and still have a packed house in NYC if they opened the doors to the public. They'd still get most of the media too.

I'm kinda thinking now that they won't announce anything until after Microsoft reveals the price of XSX. Which could mean not until after E3....

Well Sony pulled out of pax east because of the Corona virus so it's possible it had an impact on a possible February PS5 reveal.

I'm kinda thinking now that they won't announce anything until after Microsoft reveals the price of XSX. Which could mean not until after E3....
MS senses this and won't announce the price of XBSX ahead of launch. When it does arrive, Sony have to scramble around to launch their console...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back