Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do you think the xsx picture was an elaborate hoax then?
Especially as they used a legit serial number, which any leaker would know to block out.
Which adds to it being fake?

Or are there just stupid people out there?

Why so aggressive? Obviously if there's hard evidence I believe it. It's the vague insiders I don't really have time for.

Why so aggressive? Obviously if there's hard evidence I believe it. It's the vague insiders I don't really have time for.
Sorry if sounded aggressive, wasn't meant to be.

More so that you can't underestimate just how stupid people can be.

Whatever the PS5's TF count turns out to be it's at least a positive step from Sony that they're spending more on a decent cooling solution. Whether that's because it's a beast and they have to due to the amount of heat produced or whether it's more modest in specs but they're going for a whisper silent console (or possibly both!) at least they're moving to more advanced cooling solutions. I had read somewhere ages ago that Sony would use a vapour chamber cooling system so I always expected it. Not sure if there's anything in between a vapour chamber and full on liquid cooling. Surely liquid cooling would not be a good idea in a mass produced console, but is vapour chamber as exotic as you can see them going?

Aha, so everything comes from Komachi!! And where did he/she come from? Reddit or 4Chan?
The Github leaks were independently verified by DF and others to originate directly from AMD and the results were undoctored.
Komanchi knew about it a long time ago but didn’t not want to share the github. He felt there was too much there. Another user found it and blew it wide open. Then he had to address it.

The Github leaks were independently verified by DF and others to originate directly from AMD and the results were undoctored.
Komanchi knew about it a long time ago but didn’t not want to share the github. He felt there was too much there. Another user found it and blew it wide open. Then he had to address it.
Yeah, the 4Chan leak was something else completely if I remember correctly and nothing to do with the Github data. Wasn't it the 4Chan leak that started off the 5th of Feb reveal rumour for PS5? If I remember correctly the rest of the leak said that both consoles were pretty equal performance-wise but that there'd be a $100 delta in the prices.

And Komachi told too Oberon B0 is not the final Oberon steeping. There was at elast three stepping after it, Oberon C0, Oberon D0 and Oberon E0. One stepping is enough to change the clock, they tested Oberon at 1.8 and 2 Ghz I doubt they needed three steppings if there was not a major change.

Github is real but it seems it it not the end of the story.

There was supposedly devs reporting 9.216 (think it was exactly) before the github leak, for the ps5, and around 12tf for Xsx. Completely missed that, but that would be rather close.

The only contradicting is ’insiders’ without solid track records, but they lack any proof like github. Then again there are also ’insiders’ who say 9tf.

Githubs info isnt final for sure, but im not expecting huge changes, other then different clock adjustments, addition of rt, memory alterings etc.

Before the documents were uploaded according to the change control or before the public at large was made aware the repo was there?

It was probably mined by some folks prior to it being unveiled to the world.

That’s a possibilty for sure, we won’t know.

And Komachi told too Oberon B0 is not the final Oberon steeping. There was at elast three stepping after it, Oberon C0, Oberon D0 and Oberon E0. One stepping is enough to change the clock, they tested Oberon at 1.8 and 2 Ghz I doubt they needed three steppings if there was not a major change.

Github is real but it seems it it not the end of the story.
By major change do you mean adding more CUs or activating more CUs? I doubt the former because that would mean they wasted millions of R&D on a 36 CU chip and tested it for no reason, however if they activated 12 or more CUs for full next gen chip testing then three more steppings would make sense to test various clock speed. Somebody call Sherlock Holmes.

There was supposedly devs reporting 9.216 (think it was exactly) before the github leak, for the ps5, and around 12tf for Xsx. Completely missed that, but that would be rather close.

The only contradicting is ’insiders’ without solid track records, but they lack any proof like github. Then again there are also ’insiders’ who say 9tf.

Githubs info isnt final for sure, but im not expecting huge changes, other then different clock adjustments, addition of rt, memory alterings etc.

There were no dev leak at 9.2 Tflops. There was only one misterxmedia follower guy and Gonzalo was leaked who said on twitter after GDC rumor PS5 is 9.2 Tflops.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/next-gen-ps5-and-next-xbox-speculation-ot11-all-hell-has-broken-loose-contest-inside.168732/post-29199130

And if you think this guy is credible.

Other shitty tweet in resetera link.

EDIT:

Last edited:
By major change do you mean adding more CUs or activating more CUs? I doubt the former because that would mean they wasted millions of R&D on a 36 CU chip and tested it for no reason, however if they activated 12 or more CUs for full next gen chip testing then three more steppings would make sense to test various clock speed. Somebody call Sherlock Holmes.

How much is millions when PS4 ecosystem gives huge profit on Sony side. They said for example 278 millions dollars of FY 18/2019 above profit forecast will be used for PS5 R&D and launch. And it was not money forecasted to be used before they had the result for PS5 R&D and launch.

EQu0k3vWAAEclJ9

And Sony revenue forecast FY 19/20 is 8 times higher than fy12/13 years and without loses.

Last edited:
if they activated 12 or more CUs

Very unlikely that 12cu where deactivated.

There was only one misterxmedia follower guy and Gonzalo was leaked who said on twitter after GDC rumor PS5 is 9.2 Tflops.

Had no idea of even who leaked it, just read it today. He just guessed exactly 9.2tf right, then?
Also, the xbox being around 3tf more, all this 20th march 2019. True or not, hell of a guess.

Very unlikely that 12cu where deactivated.

Had no idea of even who leaked it, just read it today. He just guessed exactly 9.2tf right, then?
Also, the xbox being around 3tf more, all this 20th march 2019. True or not, hell of a guess.

Gonzalo was a rumor before GDC 2019 ;)

I am still of the opinion that PS5 BOM was meant to be higher then PS4s $381, but still sold at $399, albeit at higher loss obviously.

If there is truth in Bloomberg's report, then $450 was BOM after price spike came up, therefore aimed BOM was likely lower by quite a bit (since Sony is obviously undecided on price just yet duo to this). If that is true, then I do see similar size APU as PS4/PS4Pro one, given the fact that 7nm process is considerably more expensive then 28/16nm one.

cropped-cost-yield-node-compare-1-1155x719.jpg

Add to this more expensive SSD vs HDD in 2013, very expensive memory (16GB of fastest GDDR6 available + DDR4) and you can see that even for 320-330mm2 console BOM can easily reach $450.

I am still of the opinion that PS5 BOM was meant to be higher then PS4s $381, but still sold at $399, albeit at higher loss obviously.

If there is truth in Bloomberg's report, then $450 was BOM after price spike came up, therefore aimed BOM was likely lower by quite a bit (since Sony is obviously undecided on price just yet duo to this). If that is true, then I do see similar size APU as PS4/PS4Pro one, given the fact that 7nm process is considerably more expensive then 28/16nm one.

cropped-cost-yield-node-compare-1-1155x719.jpg

Add to this more expensive SSD vs HDD in 2013, very expensive memory (16GB of fastest GDDR6 available + DDR4) and you can see that even for 320-330mm2 console BOM can easily reach $450.

Yes they seemed/seem to aim for the same BOM as PS4, price spikes, SSD/NAND and DRAM prices up that somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back