Florida Man Strikes Again!

Truck crashes through terminal wall at Sarasota-Bradenton airport

https://www.tampabay.com/news/flori...s-through-wall-at-sarasota-bradenton-airport/

I saw a full video version on a Japanese news website:

https://www.fnn.jp/posts/00429270CX/201912201839_CX_CX

This is almost like a Top Gear prank video...

Ugh...

He has been charged with multiple DUIs and multiple counts of driving with his license either suspended or canceled. Other arrests include charges of unlawfully carrying a concealed firearm, battery of a law enforcement officer, resisting arrest with violence, hit-and-run with property damage and possession of synthetic marijuana.

I just don't understand why people like this are allowed to live? This is basically a time bomb waiting to kill people. Removing his right to drive obviously doesn't stop him from driving recklessly (prior hit-and-run offenses).

He's done far more damage with his vehicle than he has with his gun! Any vehicle he drives is basically a more dangerous weapon than his gun. Imagine how many people he would have killed and injured with his truck if that had been earlier in the day! After all it went right through the baggage carousel that people usually wait at to get their bags.

Regards,
SB

Florida man accused of pointing lasers at landing planes, injuring a pilot
The suspect was arrested after he was caught on camera aiming a laser pointer toward planes four times, authorities said.

A man in Florida is facing multiple charges after allegedly pointing a laser at planes trying to land at Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport, injuring a pilot.

The Manatee County Sheriff's Office said Charlie Chapman Jr., 41, was arrested on Wednesday after he was caught on camera aiming a laser pointer toward planes four times. When a sheriff's helicopter tried to locate Chapman, he pointed a laser at them.

Chapman is charged with aggravated assault on an officer, pointing a laser at a pilot with injury, pointing a laser at a pilot without injury and resisting without violence, according to the sheriff's office

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...lasers-landing-planes-injuring-pilot-n1123056

This school in florida is a prison?

the school guards (police?) threaten to shot the teenager for trying to leave the school area.

hmm.
i dont know which one worse. to be threaten with death penalty for leaving school area, or no threats, just straight up beatings with wooden ruler (was common in Indonesia, dunno how it is nowadays)

i think both are bad.

EDIT:
what with the people's obsession of "heavy punishment" instead of "transforming"? Sure you can argue some people are beyond help to transform to a good human (and what "good" is really subjective/changes a lot)..... but why the obsession with heavy punishment?

the school guards (police?) threaten to shot the teenager for trying to leave the school area.

He wasn't threatening to shoot the teenager for trying to leave the school area. He threatened him when the teenager put the vehicle into gear, turned the vehicle towards the person speaking, and then started to move the vehicle towards that person. IE - basically when the teenager started to threaten the officer by deliberately moving the vehicle towards the officer instead of going around the officer.

Vehicles are just as deadly as guns and kill and injure more people each year than guns. So, not something to be taken lightly.

Either way, it was a case of the teenager posturing violence towards the officer (look, I can run you over if I want) and the officer basically saying, "Don't be stupid, don't do it. If you do anything to threaten my life, I'll do everything I can to protect myself."

As to the other question? That's a harder one. Say it's a convicted murderer. On the one side, it's noble to try to rehabilitate them and make them a productive member of society. On the other side, if you let them go and they kill more innocent people, society is basically saying..."It's OK to kill innocent people, we'll give you additional chances to kill more innocent people even if we catch you."

There's cases in the US where rehabilitated criminals have become good citizens after release. There's also cases where they continue to victimize innocent people after they are released. There is no good answer. In both cases someone is going to get punished and/or killed.

In one case, someone has already done something horrible to one or more presumably innocent people with a chance that they won't do it again. In the other case, you're potentially just letting even more innocent people be victimized on top of the people that person has already victimized.

It's a choice of taking a chance at turning around someone's life at the potential cost that they'll destroy someone who has lead a good life. Or making sure that no more innocent people get destroyed. This of course, is greatly simplified. :p What about gang on gang violence where there are no innocents in the original crime. But there "could" be as there is often collateral damage to innocents in gang on gang violence. Not to mention lives ruined through gang members actions (drug peddling, forced prostitution, etc.).

It's not an easy question to answer as I personally know. One of my best friends was someone rehabilitated through the system. OTOH - another friend of mine had their daughter raped and killed by a person that was supposedly rehabilitated through the system.

Which would I choose if I had to make a choice?
  • My friend who is great and helps out the community after the terrible things he did when he was younger?
...or...
  • To have my friend's daughter back? She was also a great member of the community and volunteered for the women's shelter as well as the homeless kitchen here.
Regards,
SB

Last edited:
To me the it's strange that the young person in that video is deemed responsible enough to drive a car but cannot make a decision to leave a campus without parents phoning school?

I never ever felt prisoner when I was going to school. Even when I was just a kid I always had that comfort of walking out through open gates if I wanted to. Not having armed guards ... any guards at schools helped too.

But we live in a different times now.

Yeah that is a really hard dilemma. I'm also pretty sure if my parents were killed right in front of me by someone, i probably will want that person to die in agony, no matter what their reason is.

but... its just... that... people seems so hellbend of giving crazy penalty even for things that pretty far from their personal life, things that "not so fatal". Hmm.. maybe they have much better empathy than me. Now i remember my friends considers me as someone cold, and insensitive.

Then in the future when AI be used to spy and "predict" crimes, it hopefully wont be like minority report or psycho pass.

To me the it's strange that the young person in that video is deemed responsible enough to drive a car but cannot make a decision to leave a campus without parents phoning school?

I never ever felt prisoner when I was going to school. Even when I was just a kid I always had that comfort of walking out through open gates if I wanted to. Not having armed guards ... any guards at schools helped too.

But we live in a different times now.

the kid already got permission to not attend the school from the school the parents also already know. He also explain (badly) that to the cops.

btw my school only have local guy as a guard. if we are chummy with him, we can go out anytime. But if teachers saw it, prepare for beatings with wooden ruler

Me personally I would don a costume and spend my nights fighting crime

and then realize, you are just channeling your anger and thirst for revenge, and not actually helping to solve crimes. but actually only helping the oligarch and big corpos.
Now you are doing something else to better Gotham City, by becoming a lawyer targeting the big corpos to take responsibility and get the full extend of the law.

/r/writingprompts

Florida County Official Suggests Using A Blow Dryer Up Your Nose To Kill Coronavirus
Bryant Culpepper referenced a program he said he saw on One American News Network about the coronavirus.

Okeechobee County Commissioner Bryant Culpepper at emergency meeting says you can kill coronavirus by holding a blow dryer up to your nose after he saw it on “reliable source” OANN, warns “there’s a lot of baloney out there on social media”​

https://crooksandliars.com/2020/03/florida-county-commissioner-suggests-using?

Man who called coronavirus ‘fake crisis’ gets infected, issues warning
A Florida man who initially believed the coronavirus was a “fake crisis” that was “blown out of proportion” is now hospitalized along with his wife — and is sounding a cautionary note about the deadly bug.

I thought it was maybe the government trying something, and it was kind of like they threw it out there to kinda distract us,” Brian Hitchens told WPTV from his hospital bed.

“I’d get up in the morning and pray and trust in God for his protection, and I’d just leave it at that. There were all these masks and gloves. I thought it looks like a hysteria,” he added.

The Uber driver described his ordeal in a lengthy Facebook post.

“Many people still think that the Coronavirus is a fake crisis which at one time I did too and not that I thought it wasn’t a real virus going around but at one time I felt that it was blown out of proportion and it wasn’t that serious,” he wrote.

Hitchens said he continued downplaying the pandemic until he began feeling sick and stopped working.

A couple of days later, his wife also began feeling unwell, so she went to a hospital and was told to go under quarantine.​

https://nypost.com/2020/05/18/florida-man-who-called-coronavirus-fake-crisis-gets-infected/

Back