Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really believe any of the insiders because i doubt anyone in the know is going to be stupid enough to break the NDAs.

So I still rate the GitHub leak as the only substantial news we have gotten. At first I thought the 2ghz clock was insanity but MrFox seems to think it's doable and so yeah.

Can't someone hack someones email because that's the only way we going to get a proper leak:D

Not sure how he got access to some true information before the Pro reveal (maybe a very elaborate scam), but for next gen I personally consider OsirisBlack like a very smart fraud. He always has being repeating (after the fact) others more genuine leakers (current and retired non-anonymous journalists, yes it includes Klee) and basically followed that wave off info from the start with some vague and fluctuating information (basically he was right if either Xbox, PS5 or both are from 11 tf to 13 tf, and no matter which console happens to have the upper hand).

The way he protects his resetera account is so obvious, and he still tries to muddy the waters in order to also protect his neogaf account if we get 12 / 8 specs instead of 11/12/13.

Currently on NeoGaf I'd say there is possibly one true insider: HeisenbergFX4. Maybe.

Didn't GitHub come from 4Chan though? Or was it reddit? And where did the Oberon is PS5 rumor come from? Reddit? Or was it 4Chan? And Arden? Reddit or 4Chan?

So I still rate the GitHub leak as the only substantial news we have gotten. At first I thought the 2ghz clock was insanity but MrFox seems to think it's doable and so yeah.
I don't think it's impossible, but that opinion is contingent on tsmc N7P being high enough volume at the right time, and also some improvement from rdna2 (rdna 1.5 or whatever). So it's still a long shot.

1700MHz on N7 would be pretty much 1850MHz on N7P. So then you need either some yield sacrifice, and/or more cooling, and/or some rdna2 clock improvement for 2000MHz.

github came from AMD. Oberon came from komachi and github. Arden from komachi then github.
Komachi was aware of github for months before rogame made it more public. That's about when next gen leaks stopped.
Aha, so everything comes from Komachi!! And where did he/she come from? Reddit or 4Chan?

Oh sorry, for some reason I read your post as coming from Proelite.

Proelite hasn't been proven wrong though.

His account is definitely on the line if we end up with a 9TF console vs a 12TF one.
You simply don't go from a suggested 1.6% difference to a real 30% one and blame it on devkit variability.

They could simply say that their friends where wrong, or that the devkit wasnt in final form. That's the problem, they basically can never be wrong.

I don't think it's impossible, but that opinion is contingent on tsmc N7P being high enough volume at the right time, and also some improvement from rdna2 (rdna 1.5 or whatever). So it's still a long shot.

1700MHz on N7 would be pretty much 1850MHz on N7P. So then you need either some yield sacrifice, and/or more cooling, and/or some rdna2 clock improvement for 2000MHz.

That could explain the beefy cooling system applied.

Not sure how he got access to some true information before the Pro reveal (maybe a very elaborate scam), but for next gen I personally consider OsirisBlack like a very smart fraud. He always has being repeating (after the fact) others more genuine leakers (current and retired non-anonymous journalists, yes it includes Klee) and basically followed that wave off info from the start with some vague and fluctuating information (basically he was right if either Xbox, PS5 or both are from 11 tf to 13 tf, and no matter which console happens to have the upper hand).

The way he protects his resetera account is so obvious, and he still tries to muddy the waters in order to also protect his neogaf account if we get 12 / 8 specs instead of 11/12/13.

Currently on NeoGaf I'd say there is possibly one true insider: HeisenbergFX4. Maybe.
The people that I’ve seen I would believe have the information are very purposeful about not divulging it. I think people are appropriately spooked by ninjas.

I think he (Osiris) basically said/hinted there was a PS5 reveal in 2nd week of February. That's now been proven false as well.

But again there are people who will excuse whatever as "it could have been true when he said it, plans change" etc.

I think he (Osiris) basically said/hinted there was a PS5 reveal in 2nd week of February. That's now been proven false as well.

But again there are people who will excuse whatever as "it could have been true when he said it, plans change" etc.

He wrote "fortnight" at the end of a reply about a game he allegedly saw demoed for him. The 1st reply was something along the lines "2 weeks? start of feb?". That was it.

In my mind, I think that they were pretty ready for a reveal.

And I know some people on here mentioned it, while some joked about it, but seeing MWC 2020 actually cancelled completely because of the coronavirus, now I do feel that all big reveals have been out on hold.

MWC might be unrelated to consoles, being the E3 of mobile, but it’s clear now that things are not great in the world of big reveals, at the moment.
This should be the situation.

I don't really believe any of the insiders because i doubt anyone in the know is going to be stupid enough to break the NDAs.
So do you think the xsx picture was an elaborate hoax then?
Especially as they used a legit serial number, which any leaker would know to block out.
Which adds to it being fake?

Or are there just stupid people out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back