Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will get a better deal because they'll order 100 million of APUs, not 40 million.
I think this statement is true in terms of console orders. I’m not sure if this is reflective of what MS can do in terms of contract bundling.
All their data Centers will hold Scarlett APUs and EPYC processors, and possibly MLAI blades. This will fundamentally be a much larger deal than console APUs alone. MS would not be stupid to not bundle everything together.

I think this statement is true in terms of console orders. I’m not sure if this is reflective of what MS can do in terms of contract bundling.
All their data Centers will hold Scarlett APUs and EPYC processors, and possibly MLAI blades. This will fundamentally be a much larger deal than console APUs alone. MS would not be stupid to not bundle everything together.
Will Sony order all 100 million up front though? Surely they’ll have a contract for the first few years during which they’ll predict how many consoles they’ll sell, so they may have a deal for 10 million APUs per year for the first three years. Setting the terms for longer than that would surely be risky. Just because they sold 100 million last time doesn’t mean they will this time. It’s a new product, things can change. If MS had pre-ordered APUs for Xbox one based on their 360 sales they’d have been screwed.

Whoever is braver on the quantity they order up front will get the better deal and as you say, MS order more than just the console as they have blades for the cloud.

From the verified insider on gaf:

OsirisBlack said:
If we’re going to take the Bloomberg article as gospel.

“Most of the components for the console have been locked down, the people said, including the cooling system, which is unusually expensive at a few dollars per unit. Typically, companies would spend less than a dollar, but Sony opted to lavish more on making sure heat dissipation from the powerful chips housed inside the console isn’t an issue.“

Still stand by what I have and am being told. Both over 10 11.6 and 12.4. No one including the people I personally know have said anything to the contrary and even changing clock speeds won’t change this drastically.

edited to add: Both consoles are going to be very powerful. VERY, and MS is not fucking around when it comes to their games. At all.

He’s as verfified as Klee was. Infact he appeared right after him.
Again this ’very powerfull’ its kind of a given coming from slow 2013 machines.

9TF and 12TF nothing to sneeze at.

Last edited:
Are Sony putting low power DRAM in PS5? Why? It's connected to a wall socket. Phones and tablets I get, but a console? The thermal differences aren't great.
The Bloomberg article is mostly bs. Stories thrown together with some quotes from other writers stated as "sony sources". The bit about Sony waiting for Ms to announce price, is almost word for word copied from a different site and is an assumption by the other writer, not a Sony employee.

He’s as verfified as Klee was. Infact he appeared right after him.
Again this ’very powerfull’ its kind of a given coming from slow 2013 machines.

9TF and 12TF nothing to sneeze at.
No. Klee was actually verified as having connections. The fact that he was a published games journalist is reason enough alone to believe that. Osiris was verified in absolutely no capacity on Era. He's been around since last gen on GAF.

The fact that he was a published games journalist is reason enough alone to believe that. Osiris was verified in absolutely no capacity on Era. He's been around since last gen on GAF.

Just cause someone was a journalist doesnt mean he got specs in detail of both next generation consoles though. He himself was verified, but his information was not, or his friend that had it, or whatever.

Someone could have said to him, or any to any insider, that both are close in power. What that means is up to everyone themselfs, but il believe hard data first and foremost.

Is my Microsoft not going to use any Intel chips for Azure? Big loss for Intel that.
The move to AMD, the Scarlett processor, etc, is a move to show Intel that they will not stand for their high pricing. You will see more AMD products right across the whole product line.

Just cause someone was a journalist doesnt mean he got specs in detail of both next generation consoles though. He himself was verified, but his information was not, or his friend that had it, or whatever.

Someone could have said to him, or any to any insider, that both are close in power. What that means is up to everyone themselfs, but il believe hard data first and foremost.
It goes without saying that nothing that isn't officially sourced isn't guaranteed. But who's likely to be more credible given what you know of their respective backgrounds?

It goes without saying that nothing that isn't officially sourced isn't guaranteed. But who's likely to be more credible given what you know of their respective backgrounds?

Neither. Hard data, numbers, that's what is called information, not 'very powerfull' which is a given for any gaming hardware launching 2020. Or 'they are close' cause whatever that means can anyone guess, one s and ps4 are 'close' aswell.

One is a banned user with unverified info, the other not even verified at all, if that even means anything. It is resetera were talking about, there's a reason trolls appear there so often.

So what's the worry about $600 consoles?

I don't know, but apparently people are also concerned over having to pay for internet services just to enjoy patched games and extreme value service deals. What's next, complaining about the costs of Doritos and Mountain Dew and Taco Bell? Or whatever choice of gaming food?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back