Next Generation Hardware Speculation with a Technical Spin [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the side with black powder muskets stands close enough to the side with the nuke, they'll win. The Nuke side can't use their weapon without blowing themselves up, and they can't get close enough to the musket men to engage in hand-to-hand as they'll be shot long before they reach them. Realising this, and hating the musket men so much, I guess the nukers will just nuke them and take the buggers down with themselves.

Game over. No one wins.

If the side with black powder muskets stands close enough to the side with the nuke, they'll win. The Nuke side can't use their weapon without blowing themselves up, and they can't get close enough to the musket men to engage in hand-to-hand as they'll be shot long before they reach them. Realising this, and hating the musket men so much, I guess the nukers will just nuke them and take the buggers down with themselves.

Game over. No one wins.
A great summary of the console forum.

I am confused to how people can draw conclusions like this from the Bloomberg piece and yet dismiss conclusions drawn from the GitHub leak.

Bloomberg has sources that presumably are specifically talking about the PS5 final design. The github data is not conclusively connected to the final PS5 design. It's that simple.

Game over. No one wins.

What if they have nuclear powered muskets?

But not logic. I know.

Teach me your ways.

Let me know why logically Github leak is not representative of final consoles. Why Reiner, Klee, and Gaf insiders have more trustworthy / up to date information. I've already worked through the info in the Github along with @AbsoluteBeginner that has no conflict with Flutte / Gonzalo leaks. I want to hear how the Github leak is non-conflicting with the other side.

Non-logical ways have lead others to find these Ariel benchmarks:
https://github.com/Jason2013/result...a4acfea3a32fc842f/data/shaderbench/Ariel_llpc

Let's hear your reasoning for why the above info is not connected to PS5 / Oberon. I am interested. Show me some logic. No need for numbers because numbers are not logical.

Last edited:
Zzzzzz... Are we back to this again? Here? Isn't there another place to discuss that already? Wake me up when new info comes up... Zzzzzz....

correct, but people you mention in rumours are not some random persons

In an environment where old and new rumors contradict each other, it's clear that info was mis-interpreted / situation has changed. We saw the same situation back in 2012, when earliest rumors pegged the Durango as been on top.

When did we actually get a clear picture? When dev docs specs got leaked courtesy of SuperDae and VGLeaks.

To me the Github leak is of the latter ilk.

In an environment where old and new rumors contradict each other, it's clear that info was mis-interpreted / situation has changed. We saw the same situation back in 2012, when earliest rumors pegged the Durango as been on top.

When did we actually get a clear picture? When dev docs specs got leaked courtesy of SuperDae and VGLeaks.

To me the Github leak is of the latter ilk.
you can belivie wathever you want, for me indication that ps5 is 450$ bom (more that premium xox was) telling me that sony going "flat out" but I understand that others can see its github confirmation ;d

VGLeaks certainly taught us the ps4 was balanced at 14

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
you can belivie wathever you want, for me indication that ps5 is 450$ bom (more tha xox was) telling me that sony going "flat out" but I see that others can see its github confirmation ;d

I don't think high bom and Github info are conflicting.

I also called PS5 ~ 2080 way before JSchreir did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back