Need Advice from Architects (ryzen build)

possible solution : run ryzen master select game mode (it disables smt cos some games cant handle more than 8 threads) run skyrim
run ryzen master select creator mode (the default) run destiny 2

possible solution : run ryzen master select game mode (it disables smt cos some games cant handle more than 8 threads) run skyrim
run ryzen master select creator mode (the default) run destiny 2

unfortunately ryzen master refuse to start with Hyper V enabled. I guess I'll need to move to virtualbox.

nevermind! with the side case opened halfway, it got enough airflow to boost to 3.6GHz so skyrim vr works fine with SMT

That's not what it does.
From the Ryzen Master Help file
Legacy Compatibility Mode
  • This feature is useful for improving performance for some games.
  • OFF : Enable all cores of system
  • ON : Half of the total cores will be active in this mode.

edit:
ps: why the hell are you playing games in a virtual machine?

Last edited:
point taken
makes no sense to turn off a real core to leave a "virtual core" enabled since 2 cores generally perform better than 1 core with smt

ps: rant mode (yet again) case mounted usb 3 sockets why is the cable so goddamm thick
edit: rant 2
rgb fans need a 4pin 12v for the leds and a 3pin pwm for the fans couldn't they figure out a way to get rgb fans powered from a single connector

Last edited:
My Aio has arrived (yay)
MLrMg5N.jpg

my case supports 8 fans (3 front, 2 bottom, 2 top and 1 rear)
Its suppiled with 3 fans 1 front intake, 1 top exhaust 1 rear exhaust I'm going to put all 3 fans in the front as intakes. Ive bought a rgb fan for the rear intake I could have got a argb fan but i like solid colours (led's are cool but after a certain point the look tacky)
V3o6vVT.jpg

I'm also awaiting some spliters and extension cables for the fans ive also bought some labels and I'm going to redo the cable management and label all the wires to save me having to try and trace everything to work out what wire is connected to what device and header when I'm changing cables around.
for example i can write on the lable "rear fan rgb - top right rgb header"
Ive also ordered some other goodies
HDD/SSD Hot Swap Back Panel
ME163Vn.jpg

Dont really need the hot swap ability but it does free up a sata power connector (3 drives from 2 sata power) and that will save me having to connect another 4 sata power cable to my psu and all the cable management that goes with it.

Also ordered a Lancool II Side ARGB LED Strip
KwilNav.jpg

This is specailly designed for my case and plugs into the case so I dont have to use up another argb header on the motherboard.

Last edited:
So the p.c was making a pulsing buzzing noise and common sense would say its going to be the pump rather than a fan, but trying to locate the noise it seemed to be slightly louder at the bottom of the case
where the psu is but while wiggling the psu about to see if I could stop it vibrating I accidentally touched the hdd bay and the noise stopped (yay me)
k9Ktyzh.jpg

Just need a pwm extension cable and a graphics card and the altar will be complete..

Last edited:
anhyone have any idea how to increase EDC?

my ryzen 2600 stuck at 90A despite the motherboard reports limit at 168A. This makes the boost stuck at 3.8GHz max. At least according to ryzen master.

my ryzen 2600 stuck at 90A despite the motherboard reports limit at 168A. This makes the boost stuck at 3.8GHz max. At least according to ryzen master.
What makes you think it's some amps limit? The max boost depends on what the load is, efficiency of cooling, quality of motherboard voltage regulators, the silicon lottery for your CPU, and of course any BIOS settings you've done for the CPU like LLC etc. Are you simply running out-of-the-box Ryzen?

My 2600X with Noctua air cooler will boost to 4.2/4.3Ghz for single/low core usage but on loads like CPU rendering or handbrake it will make out at 3.8-3.9 all core sustained. That's very few BIOS tweaks other than LLC setting on CPU and SOC.

What makes you think it's some amps limit? The max boost depends on what the load is, efficiency of cooling, quality of motherboard voltage regulators, the silicon lottery for your CPU, and of course any BIOS settings you've done for the CPU like LLC etc. Are you simply running out-of-the-box Ryzen?

My 2600X with Noctua air cooler will boost to 4.2/4.3Ghz for single/low core usage but on loads like CPU rendering or handbrake it will make out at 3.8-3.9 all core sustained. That's very few BIOS tweaks other than LLC setting on CPU and SOC.

Ryzen master says so. It hits the edc limit of 90A.

Googling around, There's also a bunch of people with the same issue but it seems the only solution is by running all cores at Max clock all the time or by oc on p0.

Yeah I use stock ryzen 2600 cooler. Side case left open for cooler temperature. Uefi settings that related to boosting already set to higher boost (e.g. Lax EDC enabled).

managed to OC P0 state (so it still can downclock and save power) to 4GHz with 0.1volt downvolt. But temperature goes over 80c even with side case opened and a desk fan cooling it down.

I guess i'll need to buy a much better HSF for OC hahaha. As currently the CPU is already strong enough (other than skyrim VR with tons of physics mods), i'll simply use it at stock with 0.125v downvolt.

i guess... thanks amd for making the cpu truly unlock-able. so when PS5/XSX comes out and games need better CPU perf, i can "simply" buy good HSF for a cheap perf upgrade.

Last edited:
Back