Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isnt it a bit strange how Sony has yet to announce anything?
When is the Playstation event going to happen? Or has Sony not said anything about that either?
Things are a bit over Sony power now I think seeing the news from China. If one year dealy is gonna happen maybe they can (and should) think to a quite different (and better) silicon...

That is the wettest of wet dreams from some Sony fanboy.

Sudden revelation that the PS5 has a more flops and more RT, but that's not all folks : whilst the XsX is set in stone Sony will deliver even more with the next kit.

In fact its starting to smell more like the setup for a scam, are Sony feeling the pinch with all these changes,? should we sent the poster our Pre order deposit to secure devkit 3 specs can be reached.

The more surprising thing is that it lands on a forum like this. Its so obviously fake in all ways, cant thinkoff anyone taking that seriously.

Jokes aside, this is what a lot of us have been saying all along.

Look at God of War. Or HZD. Or Death Stranding. Running on a 1.8TF console. It’s crazy.

Imagine what we’ll get on PS5, regardless of the number of bloody TF it will come with.

Look at hellblade 2 what were gonna get, what 12tf of navi can do already now.

Isnt it a bit strange how Sony has yet to announce anything?
When is the Playstation event going to happen? Or has Sony not said anything about that either?
That discussion here.

Things are a bit over Sony power now I think seeing the news from China. If one year dealy is gonna happen maybe they can (and should) think to a quite different (and better) silicon...
How?? You have several years lead time on creating a new console before its release. How on earth could Sony change plans and roll out a new machine in just one year? If it's delayed, it's delayed, but so will every other product be from China including Apple iThings and MS XBSX's. All technology will be at the same relative level and no-one will be worse off than anyone else.

As for my previous post.
Rumors of the SeriesX having a GPU 30% more powerful than the PS5's:
- Yeah, perfectly reasonable. We should expect this and create a whole religion around it.

Rumors of the PS5 having a 6.7% faster GPU (down to 4% faster on SeriesX's final specs), 3.4% lower memory bandwidth and 3% lower CPU clocks -> completely in line with all the journalists and insiders claiming the consoles are super close in power, and both more powerful than a RTX 2080:
That is the wettest of wet dreams from some Sony fanboy.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sudden revelation that the PS5 has a more flops and more RT, but that's not all folks : whilst the XsX is set in stone Sony will deliver even more with the next kit.
Didn't you read it wrong? The SeriesX is the one with a planned GPU upgrade. For the PS5 they only mention "tweaks" which is most often not related to more flops at all.

Why is it even posted here, even for resetera its questionable, barely then. Even over there its called fanboy stuff.
You don't need to participate in a thread dedicated to baseless rumors.
If all you want to do is preach the Gospel and pursue heretics, this is the thread for you.
If you only want to talk about the confirmed features, then there are many threads on different aspects, but you can even create your own.

But in fact, you don't even need to participate in B3D if the existence of this thread and its contents bother you so much.
If calling other people fanboys for posting baseless rumors is your thing, then perhaps resetera is a better choice for you.

Free choice is such a lovely thing, isn't it?

Why would a game tester know any of that stuff? Nonsense.
IDK, what would he be testing games on, a devkit?
Nonsense. Everyone knows game testers are put in a 1m^2 cubicle with just a screen and a gamepad, with the actual devkit hidden inside a 50cm thick titanium vault so that no one can even look at it.
And they have absolutely 100% sure no access of any kind to the devkit documentation which is obviously kept in a separate building from the console devkits inside another titanium vault, or the hardware/software debugging stats, or the boot up sequence info.
Especially when you're 8 months away from the console release, or a handful of months away from having the console on floor shows with playable game demos.

It is known.

As for my previous post.
Rumors of the SeriesX having a GPU 30% more powerful than the PS5's:
- Yeah, perfectly reasonable. We should expect this and create a whole religion around it.

Rumors of the PS5 having a 6.7% faster GPU (down to 4% faster on SeriesX's final specs), 3.4% lower memory bandwidth and 3% lower CPU clocks -> completely in line with all the journalists and insiders claiming the consoles are super close in power, and both more powerful than a RTX 2080:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Selection bias mate, just let it go:D.

I give up, don't care about the TFs any more as long as it's somewhat adequate. Just show me those next gen exclusives with enough visual leap to splinter my jaws. Been playing god of War again and man that game still looks absolutely stunning for what a 1.84 Polaris TF console could achieve, I guess even at 9 TF the sequel would still blow it away visually and that's enough for me at this point. I feel foolish that I've been drowning in this ridiculous TF obsession when I should be hyped for the impending next gen experience like people have suggested to me here.
Stupid Sony just reveal the damn thing already, your next gen logo can only quench our thirst for so long.
You made it! Congrats!
TF was going to be a shitty unit of measure for performance this coming generation anyway.

Woahh, the reddit post is gold

"Dualshock 5 is the next-gen of the controller (his exact word) and works on ps4 too"

NEWS NEWS!!!! Call the NSA there is a mole...

"he said, " wait until you experience Metal Gear Rising on ps5". I said " they will patch it? ", " No patch needed," he said."

What a last-last gen game that tuns even on Android?

"Only have ps5 dev kit. But he said SSD and BC will be a massive advantage for Sony. I fail to get any other spec info from him"

Yeah, sure.. Just pretend the world lives under a rock

"MS wanted to sign them for Gamepass launch game but it was more beneficial to MS than to them. They're not really happy about Gamepass direction and aggressively mention that it will affect 1st party games direction. Their partner from japan was offered an exclusive partnership to gamepass, was pushed to develop AA game instead of AAA ( their original plan ) due to faster development cycle"

Just insert the typical bash of Ms somehow, and pretending to know Ms 1st party..

Oh, dear, just present next gen... the world won´t burn

That discussion here.

How?? You have several years lead time on creating a new console before its release. How on earth could Sony change plans and roll out a new machine in just one year? If it's delayed, it's delayed, but so will every other product be from China including Apple iThings and MS XBSX's. All technology will be at the same relative level and no-one will be worse off than anyone else.
Yes that can be.
What I know for sure is that more of all it's a logistic/production nightmare going happen (and not only in China), consider the virus survive 9 days even on packeges... but silicon development can going on... or not ???!

I think at one point in time these rumours were perfectly fine for me. Until MS started showing die size and we started to land closer to 400mm^2+. And then as a group when we started to figure out the potential costs or BOM. I think we can naturally agree the costs are going to be high. As in; we know it won’t be $399. And we are looking at likely a $499 price point or possibly higher.

seems to be in direct conflict with Sony’s aim of wanting to transition their PlayStation population as quick as possible. Hard to transition people of the price is high.

as for MS; they are telling their people that they won’t be making exclusive 1P games until 2021. That also means the price should be coming down by that time as well. It’s almost like a mitigation strategy for their high price.

there’s a lot hints that suggest XSX will be pricy. And if PS5 is logically as powerful in every way, I can see transitioning quickly as being impossible. And that is just standard supply/demand curves around price. They are not going to have that PS4 sell through momentum unless Sony is willing to eat huge subsidies. Which MS will freely match if they are forced to.

We would also have to figure that the more expensive the device the fewer you can make even with subsidies.

You’re gonna want to have started making those chips soon if it’s a big chip, subsidized to be cheaper, and made with enough
Volume to have high movement on the markets.

Just a lot of stuff that would need to come together here that I no longer feel confident about any leaks that suggest PS5 is stronger.

for me, I guess it just like looking at a 2060 Or 2070 and asking if it could ever be more powerful than a 2080. The answer is no. Because the 2080 is a 2060 but just bigger.
But more people own the 2060 and 2070 than the 2080 because it’s better value for its money.

there is no replacement for displacement. When it comes down to it; using the same architecture and same node. The number of transistors dedicated for calculation and not memory will determine baseline APU performance. At the same clockspeed The bigger chip will be the more powerful one. And so the idea that PS5 is 4-10% more powerful is going to rely on more silicon or way more cooling. Either way you’re eating a lot more costs to do it. And after that the only remaining bottlenecks are the memory systems.

Last edited:
I think at one point in time these rumours were perfectly fine for me.

This and, journalists aren't anything to go by regarding tech specs anyway, they calling it close could be 9TF vs 12TF, or a even bigger gap. The One and PS4 where considered close by most too. We need data to go by, just calling it 'close' or 'they are powerfull' can be anything.

The 9 TF console was tought to be a 2019 release ? Seems yes. Is it still acceptable in 2020 or WORST in 2021 ? I ask whom want to answer. Till end 2021 there are two years and they can think to something more powerful...

Dualshock 5 is the next-gen of the controller

I have a friend who's a developer and he also seems to think the Dualshock 5 is amazing. That's all his ever said though and that was by his own that he did mention it, because we don't ask him for info because he would be an idiot to break NDA so we don't even ask.

I found it interesting that he was so impressed by the controller though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back