Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 9 TF PS5 playing next-gen games is still going to render graphics head and shoulders above a 1X, as well as be far more convenient in use.
Mostly because of the stronger CPU... but if games are designed for weak CPU the advantage will be not so much evident

9.2tf navi is around 2x faster than rx580 in 4k (gpu similar to xox)

We’ve been saying that 9 New Shiny Navi Tflop is equivalent to approx 12 Old Wrinkly Vega Tflop. But peeps want Real Navi Tflops to be 12 so that they are equivalent to ok so confused now. Bye.

I did not read that as PS3, PS2, and PS1. My interpretation of "previous consoles" meaning PS4, 4Pro, and XboxOne, OneX, and "back catalog" meaning native software of PS4, 4Pro and XboxOne, OneX.

If anything he is probably mostly referring to Xbox...given it will run games from XOne, Xbox 360, Xbox Original....

That being said It's possible that PS5 could do full backward compatibility as well. The main issue was PS3 and you'd have to think PS5's hardware would be strong enough to emulate PS3 now.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.ne...y-ubisoft-all-back-catalog-previous-consoles/

The Ubi soft CEO seems to indicate PS5 will be backward compatible with PS4 and with other Playstation too PS3, PS2 and PS1.

He doesn't seem to be saying that at all. He seems to be referring to the new consoles being able to play games from the generation immediately before and that this will allow the PS4 and Xbox One gen consoles to remain relevant for longer.
It will help the old generations to continue to be big consoles on the market for years to come.

Unless you believe BC will somehow give new life to the PS1, 2 and 3 hardware.

We’ve been saying that 9 New Shiny Navi Tflop is equivalent to approx 12 Old Wrinkly Vega Tflop. But peeps want Real Navi Tflops to be 12 so that they are equivalent to ok so confused now. Bye.
And 9.2TF is not confusing? How does running 100 million chips at their thermal limit bring clarity to this situation? Maybe that new 3D Audio will be for the sound of all those fuses popping!
I get it, some here want to believe there will only be 36 active cu's. I'm fine with that as I'm leaning that way myself, but then people inexplicably expect a clock frequency that is totally unworkable. It's like they want to believe less but do not want to believe what that means so they put a unicorn bandage on it to make it feel better.

And 9.2TF is not confusing? How does running 100 million chips at their thermal limit bring clarity to this situation? Maybe that new 3D Audio will be for the sound of all those fuses popping!
I get it, some here want to believe there will only be 36 active cu's. I'm fine with that as I'm leaning that way myself, but then people inexplicably expect a clock frequency that is totally unworkable. It's like they want to believe less but do not want to believe what that means so they put a unicorn bandage on it to make it feel better.
Both the 36CU and 2GHz are equally sourced from the github leak.

You ditch one, you have to ditch the other. If the theory is that the frequency was just a test, then you have to give leeway to say the 36 enabled CUs was also just a test.

Both the 36CU and 2GHz are equally sourced from the github leak.

You ditch one, you have to ditch the other. If the theory is that the frequency was just a test, then you have to give leeway to say the 36 enabled CUs was also just a test.
So is the 2GHz thermal limit, so there you go.....

Of course, the native 2GHz could just be a restating of the thermal limit of the card and not a test param so it could mean nothing of what the boost clock is. When there's no context it can mean nothing, or anything.

So 9.2 = 13, or not. Guess it depends on your unicorn. But I feel like we've beaten that 9.2TF unicorn to death already so lets try 8TF for a while, or 13.

It's not really 100M chips at their thermal limit because there will undoubtedly be revisions using newer process nodes over the generation like their always is.

They probably only need to get to year 2 or 3...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back