Need Advice from Architects (ryzen build)

Just seems a silly shape for a square cpu
ps: changing the power plan to balanced from ryzen balanced stopped the p.c resetting my keyboard colour back to blue I assume the p.c was shutting down the usb ports for a fraction of a second
the keyboard colour cannot be controlled from windows and it defaults to blue when powered on.

Last edited:
Since fan noise was annoying me I've Just ordered an AIO £94.99
lzBLQnR.jpg

Can someone tell me what thia 3 pin header is its not mentioned in the manual it doesnt even appear in the motherboard diagrams
kdUHPze.jpg

"I know what colour pc builders really want their fans to be, beige and brown thats the colour pc users are clamouring for"

Sorry man but because they make the best fans in the universe they can pick whatever color they like and make it part of the brand. When you look inside the case you just know wether it's got Noctua fans or not

Noctua Chromax. Black fans with corners you can replace with 6 different color options.

Can someone tell me what thia 3 pin header is its not mentioned in the manual it doesnt even appear in the motherboard diagrams
kdUHPze.jpg

There's shuld be a tiny label near that in the real motherboard. try shining a light to it.

That's a very nice setup. I'm currrently rocking on my i5-6600k, 16GB and RTX 2060. I saw you were planning on buying the card, right now is on sale everywhere. Probably is going to be phased out soon and replaced by the 2060 SUPER (imo better value) and the 3060.

I'm planning myself on upgrading the CPU at the end of the year, I will probably get a 4700x when they come out. I may even jump to a proper 4k GPU.

Cheapest prices where I shop
RTX 2060 £274.99
RTX 2060 SUPER £329.99
RTX 2070 £355.99

ps: what are your thoughts on the 2060
pps: switched the wraith prism cooler from high to low and it's much quieter plus temps dont seem to be any higher

ps: what are your thoughts on the 2060

I'm happy with it. It's a good card if you have a 1080/1440p display. RTX performance is good despite the hit on FPS. Some people think 6GB will not be enough for future games tho.

battlefield-v-rtx-1080.png

wolfenstein-2_2560-1440.png

far-cry-5_2560-1440.png

I'm happy with it. It's a good card if you have a 1080/1440p display. RTX performance is good despite the hit on FPS. Some people think 6GB will not be enough for future games tho.

battlefield-v-rtx-1080.png

wolfenstein-2_2560-1440.png

far-cry-5_2560-1440.png

have you tried control? Even on my 1660 S without RTX cores, the ray tracing looks awesome and it runs stable at 30 fps. I imagine on an RTX it probably can gets 60 fps due to its RTX cores

Some people think 6GB will not be enough for future games tho.
Ive also heard that, but then again ive also heard that you might be able to get away with it on nvidia cards because they have better compression than amd cards and use less vram than they do
how true that is I have no idea....

Ive also heard that, but then again ive also heard that you might be able to get away with it on nvidia cards because they have better compression than amd cards and use less vram than they do
how true that is I have no idea....

i only ever heard NVIDIA have better compression allowing it to have better performance when used with bottlenecked transport (e.g. external GPU with cable plugged into WiFi slot). As for VRAM requirement, PC games has always been scalable, i suspect setting the texture to low or model LOD to aggressive will still make games runs well enough.

Depending on the game, those low settings could have very small perceptible visual quality downgrade while in gameplay

the processor I wanted for my computer back in the day, the Ryzen 1600 which I didnt buy 'cos of a tight budget - I was 20€ short of the budget if I wanted the Ryzen 1600- has been released in the form of a new model improved to the Zen+ architecture and therefore manufactured at less nanometers than the original, offering the performance of the Ryzen 2600. Both have 6 cores and 12 execution threads and only cost 99 euros!! :oops::oops:

Ryzen 1600 Stepping AF 3.6GHz.

https://www.pccomponentes.com/amd-ryzen-5-1600-stepping-af-36ghz-box

conundrum, on Ryzen 2600

1. Skyrim VR randomly stall/stutter with SMT enabled
2. If SMT disabled, Skyrim VR runs smooth but Destiny 2 randomly stall/stutter.

possible solution: open the case, then overclock CPU to 4GHz. But my cat often runs like mad and hit my computer. hmm.

Back