Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The importance of raw power in a console has zero importance to me, it is not going to happen anyway. As for PS5, the thing it has going for it are exclusives, which more and more of are appearing on namely pc anyways. /care about what kind of hardware it will have. That and the HW will grow old anyway over time. Just get the brand you like and be happy.

The importance of raw power in a console has zero importance to me, it is not going to happen anyway. As for PS5, the thing it has going for it are exclusives, which more and more of are appearing on namely pc anyways. /care about what kind of hardware it will have. That and the HW will grow old anyway over time. Just get the brand you like and be happy.

I'm pretty jazzed about these next gen personally. They will be beasts, the SSD stuff is really exciting, should be a sea change hopefully. I hope everything is super fluid, Xbox Ui on One is choppy as hell for example. Vs my PC which is running a 4 core CPU and RX 570, it'll easily be the most powerful machine in my house. It will grow old I guess, but if they do mid gen refreshes again, that helps a lot.

Zen (16 fire threads vs current 8 weakling) and SSD as a base=yay.

I'm pretty jazzed about these next gen personally. They will be beasts, the SSD stuff is really exciting, should be a sea change hopefully. I hope everything is super fluid, Xbox Ui on One is choppy as hell for example. Vs my PC which is running a 4 core CPU and RX 570, it'll easily be the most powerful machine in my house. It will grow old I guess, but if they do mid gen refreshes again, that helps a lot.

Zen (16 fire threads vs current 8 weakling) and SSD as a base=yay.

Well, its hard to not be jazzed is it, the 2013 consoles hardware wasnt anything great even for 2012 standards. A 8 core ryzen/Zen 2 @3.2ghz, 5700XT level performance, 16GB ram. It's all to-be-expected for a 2020/2021 console, atleast for MS and Sony. In fact it's closer to a mid-end late 2020 pc. A SSD was a given in anything releasing 2020 or later. I think the whole TF/hardware thing isn't important at all, it's a console so TF numbers will look weak in no time anyway. Exclusives will look great as allways yet with less of a jump compared to other gens.

Most people are going to be buying those machines for the games and/or where their friends are playing. It's a toy, it doesn't matter what hardware there is. Never has the kind of hardware in any of my PS (PSX/PS2/PS4) made an impact on my decision to buy any of those. The PS3 wasn't worth it to me as nothing software-wise intrested me, yet it had the most 'exclusive' hardware. That might be a point though, for every PS there's a decline in total exclusives/or games that really make me want the platform, but that's a totally personal opinion perphaps :)

Are you guys just playing around or is there info I missed, or forgot, that has Arden being the devkit at 56CU's?
IIRC since we're going on this merry-go-round again:
I don't think there is any knowledge of what Arden actually is between being release or the devkit. We only know that it's a chip that has the same number of RBEs in a setting equivalent to Xbox One - which is the main indicator of it being an Xbox chip.
Likewise we don't know anything outside of Oberon except that it has settings that lineup with CU activation for it's BC which is the main indicator of it being the Playstation chip. Outside of that, we don't know what the chip is for either.

Its not like github leaks said specifically arden - xbox devkit! ;oberon - PS5 release/devkit!
those statements are entirely conjecture here; we simply don't know and i haven't seen any additional information that would swing it 1 direction or the other.

Why just focus on exclusives, though? I wonder how many games that ended up multiplatform would have ended up being PlayStation exclusives if MS hadn't stayed engaged with the Japanese development community.
They get most of the major releases. I think if you look at the chart toppers for PS4 in Japan, they most likely get an Xbox release, at least eventually.

What if they delay the PS5 for half a year and use RDNA2 tech on 7nm EUV to push the specs to 14 TF+? Conjure a 72/76 CU monster that way you get BC too. If they have reworked it why not go big? With the PS brand as spanking as it is and how PS4 is still printing money, Sony would not care about half year loss of time.
9.2 is seriously becoming my least favorite number of the year lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back