Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I may be wrong on the names. Without a straightforward 'list of Sony heads' I don't keep track of these things myself. But the point is, it's different people in charge calling the shots.

Their clocks are much more conservative than Sony's rumored clocks on the github express. At 1.7 theyre 12, at 1.8 they're almost 13, at 1.9 they're 13.6. PS5 supposedly being 2.0. Series X also happens to look like a wind tunnel.

I've said all along I suspect MS has a lot of actual upside over 12TF if they want. I think that's one reason Phil didn't want to commit to a FLOP number, by leaving it vague they can go up or down. Besides that less hand-tipping=better.
>1.8ghz for >12 tf with 52CUs. Arden (56CUs) is obviously the devkit. They will deactivate CUs for the retail unit. Same as XBX retail / devkit sdk.

No way MS is undercutting them on price or could that be a valid fear. Unless they really screwed something up, like put way too much money in their SSD solution being the only thing I can think of.

Too be fair, I like to point out, console screw ups do happen. PS3, 2013 Xbox One raise their hands. Less powerful, more expensive can happen I guess.

However the fact we're still on random 13TF only because it's 12+1 rumors, and that Sony says nothing amidst all this distress, still makes me thing the writing is on the wall.

It also just say Phil has already won because the best dream for Sony fans seems to be they come in 5% more powerful. Xbox sat at ~50% less powerful to start last gen. 5% less would be a colossal improvement regardless, and it's like the utter worst case apparently..
If MS wanted to, they absolutely can especially when they have the more powerful hardware and the thirst to steal more customers. It'll be stronger hardware vs Sony's exclusives.

A 9 TF PS5 playing next-gen games is still going to render graphics head and shoulders above a 1X, as well as be far more convenient in use.

If ps5 is just 9 TF an used OneX (maybe under 150/200 euro) will be really a best bang for the buck for multiplat gaming....
There will be less and less multiplat for xox after 2022 not to say 9tf navi + ssd + zen2 destroy in performance xox

Here's a thing, is Sony doomed right from the start to be restricted by a 9.2 TF console if BC is their main focus? If that's the case then why not just show us the specs already since they aren't even trying to compete in power?

Here's a thing, is Sony doomed right from the start to be restricted by a 9.2 TF console if BC is their main focus? If that's the case then why not just show us the specs already since they aren't even trying to compete in power?
I think the more time they can give their devs to work on games and put together some kick ass demos for whenever they do reveal the better. If they can show on screen that the difference isn't really visible and there's still the memory of all their excellent recent exclusives in their fans minds then they'll be fine. The numbers may be important to some people, but I don't think there'll be that many of them. The hysteria that can happen on the internet around these things can also get out of hand very quickly. The less time that hysteria is going on for the better. The less time they've got for online articles and forum discussion about the power difference before they release the better for them. At the moment with no information Sony could be the more powerful. It's looking unlikely, but it's possible, so journalists can't write anything definitive. As soon as they put the numbers out there the articles get written and discussed on forums from that moment until release.

Why would a 13TF console be restricting?

I would say if 9.2tf is true they just go standard path as for ps4, ps4 pro or microsoft with x one and x one x in tdp console limitation. Microsoft with xsx went beyond this restriction.

Unlikely. MS are stuck at 12.X tf with their 380-400mm² RDNA1 7nm DUV APU.
What makes you think it's RDNA1 instead of RDNA2 or be built on N7 DUV instead of N7+ EUV?

RDNA2 by the looks of it is far more likely for both consoles, process could be either one.

Having in mind lack od any meningful info I think that PS5 will be 9 TF and thats an upgrade. Before xsx reveal Sony was aiming at something around 7.5 to 8 TF.

I think the more time they can give their devs to work on games and put together some kick ass demos for whenever they do reveal the better. If they can show on screen that the difference isn't really visible and there's still the memory of all their excellent recent exclusives in their fans minds then they'll be fine. The numbers may be important to some people, but I don't think there'll be that many of them. The hysteria that can happen on the internet around these things can also get out of hand very quickly. The less time that hysteria is going on for the better. The less time they've got for online articles and forum discussion about the power difference before they release the better for them. At the moment with no information Sony could be the more powerful. It's looking unlikely, but it's possible, so journalists can't write anything definitive. As soon as they put the numbers out there the articles get written and discussed on forums from that moment until release.
Hysteria may happen but probably short lived as people would then have other things to talk about like games. If Sony is confident about how good their games would look then I say get those specs out the way and pimp on those exclusives.
Why would a 13TF console be restricting?
Lm93KRM.gif

Thats not how any of this works. If you aren't competing on power you never release specs, why would you? People always have to reverse engineer the specs from nintendo consoles for this reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back