Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
#StormSonyHQ
Rally up brothers and sisters, in order to get those specs we're gonna have to unite as ONE and storm Sony's headquarters ourselves.
If we Naruto run their ninjas can't catch us, they can't stop all of us!
1p1j30.jpg

just joking Sony, don't send your real ninjas on me :mrgreen:

#StormSonyHQ
Rally up brothers and sisters, in order to get those specs we're gonna have to unite as ONE and storm Sony's headquarters ourselves.
If we Naruto run their ninjas can't catch us, they can't stop all of us!
1p1j30.jpg

just joking Sony, don't send your real ninjas on me :mrgreen:
Sony foolishly allowed Google to map the size of their building. Quick, someone measure Sony HQ so we can infer the size of the new chip!

https://www.comboinfinito.com.br/pr...formacoes-podem-ter-sido-reveladas-exclusivo/

It's in Portuguese but I'll sum it up:

- According to their sources, the event will be after February 15
- Sony has already postponed the date twice
- Preorders are in fact a thing this time, and will start in the middle of March
- They're counting on 2-3 million sales this year.

I don't know this site, but Brazilians seem to claim it's legit.

February 15 is the same day of that fake Twitter account.

https://www.comboinfinito.com.br/pr...formacoes-podem-ter-sido-reveladas-exclusivo/

It's in Portuguese but I'll sum it up:

- Preorders are in fact a thing this time, and will start in the middle of March

I don't know this site, but Brazilians seem to claim it's legit.

Not sure about what to think of this. I never trusted any Brazilian website as a reliable source, since the console wars is extreme in that country, with gigantic fanboy proportions.
I say this because I own a Portuguese website, and used to refer to some Brazilian websites for information. What I saw over the years was speculation, bad translations of sources, and a lot of click bait articles. So I stopped usomg them.
This doesn’t mean all websites are the same, but I would caution a grain of salt in this.
Also, I am not seeing that regional divisions know anything about these decisions. It’s not a new product launch, just a presentation. And Sony Brazilian regional division is not even a very favorable one to know this. Almost all console sales in Brazil are from what they call the grey market, a parallel market with products not authorized by the Brazilian Sony.
Sony Brazil is known as not caring for the market, and official console sales there are very small. The PS4 if bought officially is very expensive.
So, for a leak like this I would expect it to come from anywhere in the world, but not from Brazil.
And although I cannot say for sure this is fake, I would recommend caution believing in this.
Besides, if you visit Era or Gaf, this just seems to be a compilation of the things that are being said there.

Surely the reveal has to be after February 15 because Sony have given around three weeks notice for pretty much every previous PlayStation event.

As for pre-orders are a thing this time, I pre-ordered my PSP, PS3, PS Vita, PS4, PS4 Pro and Nintendo Switch . I thought this was a retailer decision, i.e. Sony indicate to major retailers how much launch allocation they will have and retailers can open pre-orders to sell that allocation. That's generally how pre-orders have worked in the UK pretty much forever, but maybe it's different in other countries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now its february, has Sonny announced anything regarding their 9TF monster?

I mean, every day they delay adds to the angst and feeling something's wrong. Like they're trying to hide the bad news TBH.

I mean do they HAVE to do a reveal? And when? June, because E3?

Of course I'd still figure something is coming in February. Because it seems about right. But I guess anything before e3 would be fair game. Just wonder if/when more concrete spec leaks will happen not on Sony's timeline if they keep delaying, and if anybody will believe them anyway.

TBH it's still super early, only MS SUPER SUPER early December reveal makes it seem otherwise.

Edit: So I'm sure others knew this, but I didn't, googled about PS4 reveal, guess it was Feb 20? https://www.theverge.com/2013/2/20/4009410/sony-playstation-4-ps4-announcement

That'd be three weeks away if they follow somewhat the same timeline.

Now, there was the Remedy guy in NY recently right? But that'd only make sense for a reveal within the week which seems off because invites we are presuming would leak, right?

Last edited:
I mean, every day they delay adds to the angst and feeling something's wrong. Like they're trying to hide the bad news TBH.

I mean do they HAVE to do a reveal? And when? June, because E3?

Of course I'd still figure something is coming in February. Because it seems about right. But I guess anything before e3 would be fair game. Just wonder if/when more concrete spec leaks will happen not on Sony's timeline if they keep delaying, and if anybody will believe them anyway.

TBH it's still super early, only MS SUPER SUPER early December reveal makes it seem otherwise.

Edit: So I'm sure others knew this, but I didn't, googled about PS4 reveal, guess it was Feb 20? https://www.theverge.com/2013/2/20/4009410/sony-playstation-4-ps4-announcement

That'd be three weeks away if they follow somewhat the same timeline.

Now, there was the Remedy guy in NY recently right? But that'd only make sense for a reveal within the week which seems off because invites we are presuming would leak, right?
That Remedy guy already leave NY, seems he just in vacation.

Journalism before the internet: Newspapers inform the individual people.
Journalism of 21st century: Individual people inform news sites.

Games before the internet: Individual people buy games.
Games after the internet: Game industry pays individuals to play their game on switch.

Research before the internet: Flying to the moon.
Reserach after the internet: Just google how to calculate distance from point to plane.

Hehehe :) still i have learned a lot from that internet.

There is a reason I posted this into this "baseless" thread. :yep2:
On reset people have been talking about Sony Hall being booked for private events on certain dates which could be the the PS5 reveal and also about how Sam Lake was in NYC and rumors that Sony might buy Remedy...

And then that same person(who has an account on both gaf and era) wrote this message:
"Before I leave, if I remember correctly, tomorrow there is a private event in the Sony Hall. It is public information. Maybe they announce home Remedies against anxiety."

Then almost immediately tried to say nothing was meant by it and so on and now after nothing happened is also saying it meant nothing...

But to me that just seems like it's laser targetted at getting "insider clout" in case they just happened to be right while still being very noncommital to anything.

Which could also be said to apply to everything in that article.
Red flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back