Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
it seems to me that if MS has a 10 TF console, they messed up. That SOC is so big and with 52-56 CU
Arden will be used in Azure for enterprise compute / workspaces.

I've wonder about that. With the die size of Arden being so big I wonder if they've kept the full CPU L3 cache. It would certainly be helpful for server workloads. They could potentially reuse parts that only have half a working GPU.

One way to reduce costs is to make sure you have a use for all the partial dies.

So it will be the opposite of the current xcloud blades that are slightly more powerful than current 1S?

Developers will have to optimize for it the same way they would for a console.

Current xcloud blades are basically just a One S board in a server rack. Don't think developers target it at all.

Current xcloud blades are basically just a One S board in a server rack. Don't think developers target it at all.
The point is that the xcloud blades are faster not slower than the console. Developers don't need to optimize apart from UI which they haven't started to do yet.

But if Lockhart is less powerful than xsx then developers will have to optimize for it.
The same way if it was a standard console.

But if Lockhart is less powerful than xsx then developers will have to optimize for it.
The same way if it was a standard console.

I would think developers are going to optimize for a console that MS expects to be >50% of their sales.

I thought the point being made was that Lockhart was for xcloud only not for a console also.

It could be both.

I also have a (probably unlikely) theory that Microsoft has gotten it's dev tools and compatibility to a point where devs may not target Lockhart at all..and that it would just run a non-optimized scaled down version of the XSX game file.

Last edited:
I dont believe Lockhart is destined for xCloud or consumer consoles.

Read that quote again and tell me you are not full of shit.
Fortunately, anyone can follow the links and read the actual posts to see who's full of what.

Back then I said Sony could enable 40 instead of the 36 CUs shown in your beloved Gospel. This was made out of the very reasonable assumption that if the referenced GPU had 36 active units then it probably had at least a total of 40 physical CUs given Neo and Orbis' GPUs.
This made you self-implode because OMG you heretic it says FULL GPU in the almighty Gospel!

After you accuse me of using AMDs internal testing leak as a gospel
I plead guilty to the harsh accusations of stating the obvious.

36 active CUs, which I repeated dozen of times
No way! Did you really??
We almost couldn't tell you've been repeating the Github Gospel every. single. day. several times a day, in this thread.

It's almost like if we were to, I don't know, check your recent post history we'd find that your account almost exclusively posts in this sub and specifically in this thread, always to preach about the ways of The Github Gospel and/or to almost obsessively discredit any source / rumour / leak that doesn't follow The Gospel's teachings.

Which is a shame because there's a thread that was created for jihads, crusades and indoctrination, so that this thread could continue it's original purpose, which is to entertain and casually discuss baseless rumours until we get official specs. You know, without constant accusations of "wet dreams", "being in denial", writing our own pastebins (that one was hilarious btw), and general insults or baits like saying "you're full of shit".

Make no mistake: afaik you're totally within your right to keep posting only in this thread, but you should check out other areas of the forum, that might be equally fun and interesting!

you try to frame it like I actually implied it could end up with less then that and 36CU is full chip.
I did no such thing.

it seems to me that if MS has a 10 TF console, they messed up. That SOC is so big and with 52-56 CU
Hum.. I'd say wide and low clocked is what we've been seeing in consoles throughout the years, and what we would expect.
Those 2GHz on the PS5's GPU are the exception, if it ever comes true.

Not that I think the SeriesX would have its GPU clocked below 1600MHz, which is what it would require to have a throughput lower than 11TF.

I think Lockhart is at least being entertained as a consumer solution, due to a number of developers apparently complaining about its existence, but BRiT could be right and Lockhart is a semicustom solution for Azure.

I dont believe Lockhart is destined for xCloud or consumer consoles.

Hololens?

A number of non gaming apps on the Xbox are hololens compatible as listed in the store so I have been wondering if MS plans on reintroducing it as a bigger player in the Xbox ecosystem.

I think Lockhart is at least being entertained as a consumer solution, due to a number of developers apparently complaining about its existence, but BRiT could be right and Lockhart is a semicustom solution for Azure.

Which gaming cloud services was Microsoft repurposing the original Xbox One hardware for?

I've wonder about that. With the die size of Arden being so big I wonder if they've kept the full CPU L3 cache. It would certainly be helpful for server workloads. They could potentially reuse parts that only have half a working GPU.

One way to reduce costs is to make sure you have a use for all the partial dies.
I think you may think too much about XCloud, it's pretty clear that XCloud is not main focus for next gen yet, Phil already said Cloud gaming need years and years to become a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back