Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL.

I was looking at their official acccount trying to retweet this to my PS buddies.

If Microsoft was able to make 2 diffferent APUs for Xbox Series, I don't see how it would have being inconceivable for Sony to also design two different APUs for PS5, whatever their respective end purpose.

From Reddit, a supposed Square Enix dev that shared tons of precise info about SE games and next gen, like FF7R on PC after 1 year or 2 (but not on Xbox), new Deus Ex for Next gen, FF16 for next gen, enhanced version of Avengers for next gen (like GTA5 on PS4/XB1) and :
Sorry just know SONY will announce the PS5 in february
PS5 runs better only because of the gpu but graphics wise both console are the same no noticeable difference. Xbox Series X has great airflow so it over heats less than the PS5.

2Capture.PNG

3Capture.PNG

And all this pseudo insider fall for it and deleted there tweet

How incompatible is Zen with Jaguar? It's x86 - Zen should run everything a Jaguar does, and an i5, and a Pentium Core-2-Duo, and an Athlon64, and an 8086, as long as you aren't writing machine code.

Yes i Know, Just stating how conservative was Sony with unpatched games in the Pro, keeping clocks and functional units. Until months later they didn´t allow Boost mode.
There were some rumours that the delay was in pàrt because of BC, who knows.

Well It doesn´t matter, both are late 2020 designs, Zen and Navi based and have BC at least with prior generation.

If Microsoft was able to make 2 diffferent APUs for Xbox Series, I don't see how it would have being inconceivable for Sony to also design two different APUs for PS5, whatever their respective end purpose.

From Reddit, a supposed Square Enix dev that shared tons of precise info about SE games and next gen, like FF7R on PC after 1 year or 2 (but not on Xbox), new Deus Ex for Next gen, FF16 for next gen, enhanced version of Avengers for next gen (like GTA5 on PS4/XB1) and :

Well, whatever the source, that's bullshit. Cerny is a true believer of generations with clear differences between generations. That FUD is misterxmedia level of fanfiction. But I am not surprised that's coming (and maybe originating) from Digital Foundry, they were the one that first spread the FUD that Ghost of tsushima and TLOU2 demos were running on PS5 devkit.

And coming from Penello: the irony. As he and his colleagues at MS used Jaguar in 2017 on their new console when Zen was available. Maybe he is just using his own experiences at MS: "We used Jaguar in 2017, Sony would have done the same in 2019".

Digital Foundry and Apenello: drake no.
Random redditor with one day old account: drake yes.

Microsoft is planning to sell both SOCs, if we're talking about the two skus. That's some difference. The only actual data we have about PS5 is suggesting around 9 TFLOPs. There's lots of qualitative talk about being "close," which could mean it's been upgraded, or it could mean people don't notice much difference between 9 and 12 in terms of visual output, or it could mean that the Xbox is not 12 TFLOPs for retail. I don't really know, and I don't think any of the supposed insiders do either.

I still dont believe the second Microsoft SOC is strictly for consoles. So unless Sony are going into PC hardware building, the MS example does not carry over.

Neither SOC is strictly for consoles. Arden isn't even strictly for gaming.

Lockhart will be used in Xcloud to replace the Xb1 blades.

Arden will be used in Azure for enterprise compute / workspaces.

Neither SOC is strictly for consoles. Arden isn't even strictly for gaming.

Arden will be used in Azure for enterprise compute / workspaces.

Interesting.

Kinda speculated the Lockhart thing and Xcloud....but not the Arden thing and enterprise compute.

Theoretically it would drive down the prices somewhat if they are ordering in larger volumes.

So it will be the opposite of the current xcloud blades that are slightly more powerful than current 1S?

Developers will have to optimize for it the same way they would for a console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back