The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Sex Education season 2 is just more of the same ... which is perfect :)

Just for clarity, there is nothing in this show that is actually arousing. It’s just a really good show about relationships, between teens, teens and parents, etc. It does educate about sex in the process, much like atypical (which is a bit similar in tone) teaches you things about autism, but the show is so great, funny, joyous and optimistic about life, and moving that I’d probably be safe in saying that if you don’t really enjoy this you are not really likely to be someone I would like to know ... [emoji16]

Watched the first two episodes of The Outsider on HBO and am hooked. My sister recommended it and I had never heard of it before, so totally a hit from nowhere so far.

A small nitpick but I wonder if the directors ever think about their shows being too oriented towards North Americans. In the scene where he talks to the police of having trained his son for a specific baseball task, I completely miss everything because I know absolutely nothing of baseball. Soccer had obviously been recognized everywhere however, and I'd guess even ice hockey would compared to baseball across southern Europe

Last edited:
Well ok, to clarify, if you’ve never had sex yourself, some things could probably be arousing, but then as the show itself suggests, that’s not really saying much ;)

It’s clearly not in any way the intent of the show, at least I think ... it’s generally really mature, really really funny in a clever way and with really strong characters and development.

I'm giving the Netflix series October Faction a watch. I know nothing of the comics, but it piqued my interests. Hope it turns out decently.

Synopsis:
October Faction follows the story of "globetrotting monster hunters Fred and Deloris Allen who, after the death of Fred’s father, return to their hometown in upstate New York with their teenage children Geoff and Viv. As the family adjusts, Fred and Deloris must hide their identities as members of a secret organization, and they quickly discover that their new small-town setting isn’t as idyllic as it seems"

October Faction, good watch, mostly enjoyable, solid showing, will watch the next season.

Sabrina part 3, more of the same but with larger stakes and surprisingly refreshing storylines at least from the first two episodes.

Quite enjoyed this throwback song from Episode 2:

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel in amazon prime is so good,... so very good. I'm just about to finish the second season. Third season is rumored to not be so great but I wouldn't know yet.

In other news, Maybe these are really not tv shows but close enough hopefully. Have really been enjoying these youtube series about competitive fishing.

I watched it too, was pretty ok, as were the previous seasons. It has nothing on the likes of Buffy, but it is much better than something like charmed and is still mostly amusing, and carried by occasionally pretty good acting. It’s a bit like Vampire Diaries: Origins, which is the only series of that show I could bear to watch, but still feels a bit like I probably shouldn’t have watched and would be hesitant to recommend to anyone else.

Having watched the RLM re:View of Picard, it sounds like another Alex Kurtzman abomination. Was Patrick Stewart that bored?

Its clearly set in JJ/Discovery universe.
And full of retarded bits so written by the same stupid writers.

Having watched the RLM re:View of Picard, it sounds like another Alex Kurtzman abomination. Was Patrick Stewart that bored?

Watched the second episode and even though it is not as bad as the first, it still isn't great. Discovery is pretty decent IMO.

Finished watching The Expanse season 4 as well and loved every bit of it. Especially the first 5 episodes or so.
Wish they didn't get stuck in that alien structure for most of the season.

Watched the first two episodes of The Outsider on HBO and am hooked. My sister recommended it and I had never heard of it before, so totally a hit from nowhere so far.

A small nitpick but I wonder if the directors ever think about their shows being too oriented towards North Americans. In the scene where he talks to the police of having trained his son for a specific baseball task, I completely miss everything because I know absolutely nothing of baseball. Soccer had obviously been recognized everywhere however, and I'd guess even ice hockey would compared to baseball across southern Europe

Considering Soccer is the most popular youth sport in America, I don't think baseball was deliberately chosen to target Americans. It's probably more that the director or lead writer just likes baseball. Maybe their kid is in a youth league for baseball?

Then again, considering there's the saying, "As American as Baseball and apple pie." Who knows. It is after all set in America, so they may have deliberately chosen something that's considered an American icon. And of the "American" sports, Baseball has the largest worldwide appeal. More countries play Baseball than either Basketball or American Football.

I also find it interesting that despite Soccer being the most popular youth sport in America, that it has never really taken off professionally like the other professional sports in America.[/quote]

Regards,
SB

Heavily OT, but

And of the "American" sports, Baseball has the largest worldwide appeal. More countries play Baseball than either Basketball or American Football.

No, basketball is much bigger than baseball in all aspects, be it financially, by number of followers, by number of national federations, number of players and so on. Basketball is in general the second largest sport in the world after soccer. And if you specifically count number of countries playing the games, volleyball is actually the widest spread ball game, its sibling basketball coming close behind, and baseball sitting somewhere far back in the line.

oh my god, The ending of The Good Place was so "fulfilling" :D

too bad that kind of show won't ever be able to be aired in Indonesia :(

oh my god, The ending of The Good Place was so "fulfilling" :D

Oh, I didn't realize there are 4 seasons of it. Only seen 2 in Netflix so far.
The whole idea didn't seem like it could be more than one miniseries, but I need to see the rest of it anyway. The cast is somehow annoying and amusing at the same time.

CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA Season 3 Ending Explained + Season 4 Theories

Flicks and the City has done what I consider the best review, breakdown and explanations of this season and the speculations about the upcoming season 4. A lot of the other reviews are either incomplete or just wrong especially in regards to the final episode. In fact after watching this review I am now re-watching the entire season 3 again.

I watched the first ST:picard a few days ago. I found it to be a ~hour of brain-in-neutral entertainment.

I'm so glad I've never bought into the ST cult/lore/religion, call it what you will. That stuff really gets in the way.

Back