Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you ever think that's something Microsoft already done in this gen?

I'm not talking about extra buttons on the back of the controller, I'm talking about the new force feedback triggers and haptic feedback. Regarding 3D audio show me where did Microsoft used ray tracing for audio before.

Sony may actually be the one aiming higher with controller changes and real 3D audio, rather than just relying on horsepower alone. Microsoft's hasn't mentioned anything really new other than Ray Tracing and SSD, which make things nicer and quicker, but otherwise the same.

The future of 3D audio is in ray tracing, which means it's likely done on the gpu using AMD's audio solution. It could be customized or improved, but Microsoft likely has some form of the same thing. Just guessing, but it doesn't make sense to make a propriety 3D audio processor when there's so much power on the gpu and a solution that already uses it to do the same thing. As for the SSD, it sounds like they've gone with a custom controller and optimization of the filesystem. Maybe even a small cpu to offload the main cpu cores to handle some processing work related to data retrieval. It's still NAND-based storage, so a lot of the performance characteristics will be the same. Random reads have performance limitations on NAND because of collisions accessing the NAND devices. If the Sony SSD really is twice as fast, it won't be because of the controller. It'll be because of the filesystem or just raw speed.

I'm not talking about extra buttons on the back of the controller, I'm talking about the new force feedback triggers and haptic feedback.

Yeah I'm actually kinda disappointed a bit with the new XSX controller. Changes seem very minimal.

Really wish one of them would have installed a gyro for aiming.

The future of 3D audio is in ray tracing, which means it's likely done on the gpu using AMD's audio solution. It could be customized or improved, but Microsoft likely has some form of the same thing. Just guessing, but it doesn't make sense to make a propriety 3D audio processor when there's so much power on the gpu and a solution that already uses it to do the same thing. As for the SSD, it sounds like they've gone with a custom controller and optimization of the filesystem. Maybe even a small cpu to offload the main cpu cores to handle some processing work related to data retrieval. It's still NAND-based storage, so a lot of the performance characteristics will be the same. Random reads have performance limitations on NAND because of collisions accessing the NAND devices. If the Sony SSD really is twice as fast, it won't be because of the controller. It'll be because of the filesystem or just raw speed.

By controller I meant the DS5, not the SSD controller.

Because XSX controller already did this.
Anyway if aiming change the controller means higher, i guess Switch should selling for $599 at the beginning.

Because XSX controller already did this.
Anyway if aiming change the controller means higher, i guess Switch should selling for $599 at the beginning.

Since when? Do the triggers show different levels of resistance according to the game?

They obviously don't do this because Microsoft has filled a patent for it after the release of XBX.

https://www.dualshockers.com/xbox-one-controller-trigger-patents/

Edit - You mentioned XSX, I didn't see anything about it on any XSX presentation? Instead of acting all offended, it would be more productive if you actually link to source of that information?

Last edited:
Yeah in some first party games, because you know, this kind of feature sounds good, but in the end nobody give a damn about it, not even the gamers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-playstation-5s-controller-haptics-could-help-xbox

Your own source says it's not the same thing:

Sony's implementation goes far beyond simple trigger haptics and weighty rumble motors, adding high-frequency actuators that actually impart a sense of texture.

And yes, I'm looking forward to this, especially for VR. I can see why it doesn't matter much on flat gaming, but for VR it can be a game changer.

Didn't say it was but it shows Microsoft even at their most Kinect focused innovated and experimented with controller haptics.

I never said they didn't but as far as I know nothing of the short was really announced for the new controller? The only noteworthy update was a share button like the DS4 has, but N2O has been insisting that what was announced for the DS5, the XSX already has, which is not true.

Your own source says it's not the same thing:

Sony's implementation goes far beyond simple trigger haptics and weighty rumble motors, adding high-frequency actuators that actually impart a sense of texture.

In fairness, no one has used it yet to determine what difference there is.

I'm all for improved haptics if they get utilized. Not sure how much use Switch's HD Rumble ever got from developers.

There is no RT in Oberon regression test because tests are split by blocks. RT is (at least for Arden) in GLX block, and Oberon had no GLX block tested (it only tested Ariel GPU specs), hence no RT related entries. In fact, both Arden and Oberon had quite a few blocks in regression tests missing that other had, and its most certainly not missing in hardware (as certain blocks are default for Navi).

Disproving the leak like this just shows some people never bothered to get the repo and look at it themselves...

GPU Blocks

View attachment 3551

Has anyone done a comparison between the blocks tested/missing between Arden Vs Oberon?

"quite a few blocks... missing" definitely suggests that it wasn't a complete native test of the chip(s).

I never said they didn't but as far as I know nothing of the short was really announced for the new controller? The only noteworthy update was a share button like the DS4 has, but N2O has been insisting that what was announced for the DS5, the XSX already has, which is not true.
XB1 already has, not XSX.
You can keep thinking how innovative it will be though, not the first time some people falling about this kind of feature end up no one use it.

His info seems to have been compatible with Tommy Fisher whom, according to the mods, has been partially vetted (whatever that means..):

The podcast where he said both are over the RTX 2080 is 2 months old.

You don't think e.g. Activision and Ubisoft, who are definitely launching games for both new-gens this holiday season, have both devkits?
Leaked pictures of devkits before console releases aren't really that usual. The V-shaped PS5 devkit is the exception here AFAIK. Perhaps it was a controlled leak.

I listen the podcast it is before the TGA the 5th december. From 25 minutes Jason Schreirtalk about the fact Lockhart is not cancelled finally and they heard complain about the fact to release on two SKUs. And at 38 minutes he told PS5 and Xbox are very powerful and it compares it positively form what he heard from dev on the GPU side talking about Anaconda and PS5 as more powerful than RTX 2080. Interesting podcast.

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=a...CAUQieUEegQIARAE&ep=6&at=1575634615373http://

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back