Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prior to November 2019, Klee was very active in spreading his narrative (favoring PS5). I doubt that he received less negative attention from Xbots during that time than post November 2019. He practically disappeared after the Xsx TGA reveal, and then requested a self-ban.

Kleefans after his self-ban:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys but this circular discussion of the same nobody's from the same nowhere is getting really tiresome. Let's start making our own colorful rumors & posting them all over the Internet. That would be more interesting than this stuff. LOL

Tommy McClain

I don't know about you guys but this circular discussion of the same nobody's from the same nowhere is getting really tiresome. Let's start making our own colorful rumors & posting them all over the Internet. That would be more interesting than this stuff. LOL

Wholefully agree :)

Tommy McClain
How about this one.
"do you know why some insider keep saying PS5 is slight more powerful but the GitHub shows otherwise? because these insiders actually comparing PS5 to Lockhart(Xbox Series S)."
Or this kind of claim already happened in the internet?

Has anyone tried to estimate what level of GPU it would it take for the CPU's in these new consoles to get bottlenecked?

If there is no bottleneck pushing the GPU out further maybe more advantageous this time...
We might be getting a weaker CPU. We've talked a lot about GPU, but isn't it possible to have a really weak Zen 2 8 core 16 thread processor? Who knows this answer?

Tommy McClain
What do you think I’ve been doing? :devilish:

What makes you so insecure about people saying it's close? :LOL:

Cant worry about it, il get that RTX3080Ti or RDNA2.0 18TF monster or whatever it will be :) PS5 for exclusives down the line if the intresting ones dont get ported that is.

We might be getting a weaker CPU. We've talked a lot about GPU, but isn't it possible to have a really weak Zen 2 8 core 16 thread processor? Who knows this answer?

It probably won't be clocked around 4ghz base clock, perhaps altered L3 cache configurations etc.

It probably won't be clocked around 4ghz base clock, perhaps altered L3 cache configurations etc.
We do have an official 4 times faster, from the presentation, so it should be simple to deduce the clock based on zen2 IPC comparisons. But figuring out the impact of a smaller cache is going to be tricky.

We do have an official 4 times faster, from the presentation, so it should be simple to deduce the clock based on zen2 IPC comparisons. But figuring out the impact of a smaller cache is going to be tricky.

Still, 4ghz level of clocks seems abit high. Zen 3 seems to be aim for even higher baseclocks.

I would start a console info FUD dissemination service. I would sign up MS and Sony who would use their industry clout to provide fake credentials for just about any third party developers. Also, I would use AMD to provide fake credentials and official email addresses for semi-custom division as well as their testing and verification vendors of choice.

I would commence to flood the internet with a ton of BS through "verified" forum accounts and fake linkedIn resumes and post megatons everyday on GitHub to the point that it all becomes white noise that nobody trusts at all.

LOL.

"You saw what was posted on GitHub!!!!"

"Naw I stop paying attention to that stuff since they fooled me last time with all the talk about Quantum Ram and 100 Tflops of 128 bit floats!!!"

Sorry but for example, the bad checkerboard rendering of PS4 Pro RDR 2 is very noticeable compared to the native 4k RDR2. Here he said precisely it will be difficult for pixel counter to find the difference.

Despite a tonne of claims all around the interwebs, I'm 99.9% certain RDR2 isn't using checkerboard rendering. I believe DF also came to this conclusion.

It seems to be using a 1920x2160 native resolution with a simple horizontal upscale.

I'm not sure why they took this route. As it seems they were limited to ~1/2 the native 4k output (presumably bandwidth) -- and assuming they didn't have the forethought/time to implement a proper reconstruction technique -- they would have been far better going for 1440p/1512p and doing a simple upscale. Square pixels > horizontally stretched pixels, especially with aggressive taa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back