PC Game Pass, now includes EA Play! [PCGP, XGP:PC]

On the console side of Game Pass Ultimate, if you don't have auto-renew enabled and redeem a code it would offer you 1 bonus month if you enabled auto-renewal. Which you can then disable. I did this when redeeming 2 3-month codes to come out with 8 months total.

So I went to re-subscribe to PC Game Pass so I could play A Plague Tale and it offered me 3 months for $1... ok? Weird that it gave me another offer when I was already a subscriber a couple of months ago. I guess I'm not complaining but I would have been happy re-subscribing for $5/month.
is the offer for the gamepass PC or is it for gamepass ultimate?

A Plague Tale... really well detailed graphics, excellent environments and lighting with decent enough faces.

Want to play it on my TV but of course the games are locked inside stupid WindowsApps folder which I can apparently unlock doing some admin stuff I haven't looked into. So decide to play it for awhile on my monitor but of course it's a stupid console port that doesn't support Ultrawide FUUUUUUUUUUUU.

So I took ownership of the WindowsApps folder and all child objects. I can view and change permissions for everything including all files within the folder that has all the Plague Tale files... except for the executable. Windows flatly refuses to allow me even read permission on the exe file, which means I cannot add it manually to my Shield games for streaming.

Fucking MS.

So I took ownership of the WindowsApps folder and all child objects. I can view and change permissions for everything including all files within the folder that has all the Plague Tale files... except for the executable. Windows flatly refuses to allow me even read permission on the exe file, which means I cannot add it manually to my Shield games for streaming.

Fucking MS.
something similar happened to me related to a process which had W10 maximum privileges and woke up my laptop when it wanted too. Disabling it took me a lot of time until I found the solution.

I used NSudo, which gives you the most important privileges, like System and Trusted Installer.

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/run-program-as-trustedinstaller-locked-registry-keys-files/

https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/nsudo-a-powerful-system-administration-tool.59268/

https://github.com/M2Team/NSudo

something similar happened to me related to a process which had W10 maximum privileges and woke up my laptop when it wanted too. Disabling it took me a lot of time until I found the solution.
Likely it's some intrinsic restriction in W10 and the store due to being a subscription service, they need strict control of the .exe

Likely it's some intrinsic restriction in W10 and the store due to being a subscription service, they need strict control of the .exe

I believe it's because everything in the Windows store is run in a protected sandbox to reduce the chance of malware infection. Basically everything in the store has to be usable on a "trusted" Windows platform.

It is inconvenient at times, but then again I'm just paying 5 USD a month for a games library that is worth multiple orders of magnitude more than that.

That said, I wouldn't buy a game there unless it wasn't available on Steam or GoG, and probably not even then.

Regards,
SB

I believe it's because everything in the Windows store is run in a protected sandbox to reduce the chance of malware infection. Basically everything in the store has to be usable on a "trusted" Windows platform.

It is inconvenient at times, but then again I'm just paying 5 USD a month for a games library that is worth multiple orders of magnitude more than that.

That said, I wouldn't buy a game there unless it wasn't available on Steam or GoG, and probably not even then.

Regards,
SB
Actually, I have more fun playing these gamepass games than when I purchased games myself costing 60€ or 70€. In those cases I was conditioned to like those games. Plus, some of them were my choices, the games that I thought would rule everything in the gaming world and sometimes it was a hit and a miss.

There are times I have a feeling we don't value enough what gamepass PC gives us. Also, I'd probably never buy A Plague Tale Innocence, for instance, and thus would never play such a great great game. I am discovering excellent games, completing them, without worrying about the money I spent on them and without limiting myself to a few games a year that I might or might not actually like. Wish this existed before. I'd be such a happy gamer.

Also, with gamepass I found games that I thought wouldnt like -Mortal Kombat X being the case- that I later purchased.

I got Mortal Kombat X and PES 2020 thanks to the XB1 version of the gamepass -which I played on my best friend's console-

Oh really

Seriously tho there’s only so much time in a day and space on a HD, which may in fact lessen the glow of PlayStation’s advantage in platform exclusives. I can’t wait to see how the (presumably 100%) goodwill it’s generating affects next-gen market share in the markets where it’s available.

A Plague Tale... really well detailed graphics, excellent environments and lighting with decent enough faces.

Want to play it on my TV but of course the games are locked inside stupid WindowsApps folder which I can apparently unlock doing some admin stuff I haven't looked into. So decide to play it for awhile on my monitor but of course it's a stupid console port that doesn't support Ultrawide FUUUUUUUUUUUU.
have you tried forcing Ultrawide support? I think @orangpelupa mentioned that you can force games to support certain resolutions.

A Plague Tale... is one of the very few games where I don't downgrade graphics to get performance. I mean.., the environment is so well done, that it feels as if you actually are in the Middle Ages. Since most games are a work of imagination, in other games I dont mind turning the graphics down for some effects in order to squeeze the performance. Just because you are a bit more detached from the world.

Last edited:
have you tried forcing Ultrawide support?
By magic? The only known way to force ultrawide for Plague Tale required editing HEX values in the exe, which only works on the Steam version because I cannot get read access to the exe.

dunno... you tried this, right?
Yes, I did. As I stated, I have access to everything in the WindowsApps directory except for the actual game executable where I cannot even get read access.

By magic? The only known way to force ultrawide for Plague Tale required editing HEX values in the exe, which only works on the Steam version because I cannot get read access to the exe.

Yes, I did. As I stated, I have access to everything in the WindowsApps directory except for the actual game executable where I cannot even get read access.
aaah, I see. Still, you can disable some annoying effects without going to the windowsapps directory. This may vary for you but I don´t like these effects, and I disabled them all. Plus, this game supports HDR10! :mrgreen::oops: Enabling -I got a HDR10 monitor in exchange for my defective (dead pixels, several) 240Hz monitor-.

Just go to Documents\My Games\A Plague Tale Innocence , open ENGINESETTINGS, and Open with -choose Notepad for instance-:

This is my file atm, no HDR10 enabled yet. But I disabled effects I never liked: Motion Blur, Vignette, Chromatic Aberration, Lens Distortion and Film Grain.

Does anyone know what SSR is? And SSSSS? :?::?::unsure:

Version 66
{Video
Adapter "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080"
Monitor 0
Windowed 0
FullscreenBorderless 0
Resolution 2560 1440
PrimaryScaling 1.000000
SecondaryScaling 1.000000
VSync 0
TextureQuality 1
TextureFiltering 0
PosX 0
PosY 0
}
{Graphics
Version 1.0.4
{Platform
EPlatform 0
}
{HDR10
Enabled 0
}
{Texture
MaxAnisotropy 16
LODBias 0
MaxLOD 0
}
{DrawDistance
DrawDistanceMultiplier 1.500000
MIDrawDistanceMultiplier 1.500000
}
{MassInstancing
TrimRatio 0.700000
}
{Terrain
}
{Shadows
MaxSliceCount 4
Size 3
MaxDist 10000.000000
DLightContributionCullingThresholdS0 0.100000
DLightContributionCullingThresholdS1 0.100000
DLightContributionCullingThresholdS2 0.100000
DLightContributionCullingThresholdS3 0.100000
OmniContributionCullingThreshold 0.000000
}
{SSRaytracedShadows
Enabled 1
Quality 2
}
{Water
FFTSize 512
}
{VolumetricClouds
Quality 3
}
{VolumetricLights
Enabled 1
Quality 2
}
{LightShafts
Enabled 1
Quality 2
}
{SSR
Enabled 1
HalfRes 0
Quality 2
}
{SSAO
Enabled 1
Quality 2
}
{SSSSS
Enabled 1
Quality 3
}
{AA
Enabled 1
Type 2
Quality 2
}
{Bloom
Enabled 1
Quality 2
}
{DOF
Enabled 1
Quality 2
}
{MotionBlur
Enabled 1
Quality 3
}
{PostProcess
Enabled 1
EyeAdaptation 1
ColorGrading 1
Sharpen 1
Fringe 0
LensDistortion 1
Dirt 1
LensFlare 1
FilmGrain 1
Vignette 1
LensBlurMultiplier 0.100000
FringeMultiplier 0.100000
}
}

Last edited:
Still, you can disable some annoying effects without going to the windowsapps directory
Yes, I went through those files looking for an easy fix and saw all those options.

Does anyone know what SSR is? And SSSSS?
SSR = Screen Space Reflections
SSSSS = er... Sub-surface Scattering... Super Sampling? :???:

Could you wrap the config output into a spoiler tag so it's not so spammy.

EQBKlIXUUAMMNdT

what to say.... More and more quality every month.

Back