Ryzen 6 core $85

@orangpelupa should bookmark this for his upgrade in 2025, or would that still be too new of tech? ;)

LOL

Btw in indonesia it's really weird. ZEN have almost the exact same price as zen+. While zen 2 is around 60-100 dollars more expensive.

With that price, who's even buying zen? 0_o

@orangpelupa should bookmark this for his upgrade in 2025, or would that still be too new of tech? ;)
I think that applies to me. The last time I upgraded to something current was when I built my Q6600 system in 2006
I did upgrade last year to a i-2400 - it was the cheapest way to get SSE 4.2 support.

i still cant imagine how they will price that for Indonesia market. Currently 1600AE have almost the exact same price as 2600.

would be hilariously awesome if it follows US price

Would it be too expensive to have it shipped from the u.s ?
or maybe china ?

Usually amd cpu in Indonesia comes from Malaysia.

Hmm. Maybe that's the reason behind the weird price in Indonesia. It follows Malaysia instead of US prices.

gosh..., a bit too late for me, I have a Ryzen 1500X, but this reminds me of the fact that I wanted the 1600 instead and I was so tight on budget that for 20€ I missed it and went with the 1500X. I am happy with the 1500X, all the tests I make give me the "performing above expectations" message, but still

My guess is this might not be faster than a low-end Renoir cut down to 4 cores / 8 threads.
I'd also be wary of purchasing a CPU in 2020 that doesn't have Zen2's significantly improved AVX2 performance. Gen9 console ports may put a lot of pressure under Zen1 and Zen+ CPUs.

I'm not saying the 1600AF isn't by far the best CPU you can buy for its price range, though. Especially if you live in a country that charges $85 for it.

Back