Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://wccftech.com/new-capcom-game-revealed-soon/

According to this tweet, a new capcom game announcements was delayed, in part, due to a PS5 redesign. How likely is that Sony was indeed going with a 9.2TF GPU, got wind of MS plans and decided to redesign the APU to add a few more CUs last minute? Or changes to the CUs themselves to have more cores per CU? Or maybe they tried to have a beefier cooling solution to push the chip past its optimal frequency.

This is referring to the 2019 PS5 that was delayed to 2020 due to REDACTED. The decision was made in late 2017.

The 36CUs GPU in the GitHub leak is the 2020 PS5, considering that it was still being tested as of June 2019.

You need at least two years for a chip design from start to launch.

I am not trying to ruin dreams here. Just trying to helping people to not go full MisterXMedia.

Last edited:
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure that they've panicked and added in an extra SH4.

giphy.gif

According to this tweet, a new capcom game announcements was delayed, in part, due to a PS5 redesign. How likely is that Sony was indeed going with a 9.2TF GPU, got wind of MS plans and decided to redesign the APU to add a few more CUs last minute? Or changes to the CUs themselves to have more cores per CU? Or maybe they tried to have a beefier cooling solution to push the chip past its optimal frequency.

Eh? Seems odd for the announcement AND the game itself to be delayed because of the PS5 supposedly being reworked, no?
It's not like the Sony/AMD hardware team would be the ones doing the work on a Capcom game. :p

Unless the intended implication is that they want to release on PS5 and the console itself got delayed which seems, uh, unlikely to say the least. :p

Eh? Seems odd for the announcement AND the game itself to be delayed because of the PS5 supposedly being reworked, no?
It's not like the Sony/AMD hardware team would be the ones doing the work on a Capcom game. :p

Unless the intended implication is that they want to release on PS5 and the console itself got delayed which seems, uh, unlikely to say the least. :p

Maybe it was a 2019 launch/launch window title.

The only case of were a company arguably "reacted" that I can think of because of a power difference was when Microsoft upclocked the Xbox One a few months before launch and that was 53MHz....and it was probably only possible at that point because of the overly conservative design of Xbox One due to the RROD issues with 360.

It's possible the 1.8GHz -> 2.0 GHz was a "reaction" but a completely new chip I doubt.

This game was originally supposed to be revealed alongside RE3 at last E3, but both the game and the announcement got delayed. Due to various changes in planning due to a mixture of Sony and Capcom's (Sony having to put more focus on reworking the PS5, Capcom because this project

If true, this is due to the PS5 delay from 2019 to 2020.

I am not sure if this is correct and what they reworked, but to me it seems 256bit bus with ~530GB/S of total BW is not enough for what some rumors would be pointing out. Why not change bus if you go from say 8.x to 13TF? You are feeding both, CPU and GPU with that...

Navi 10 seems to hit limits on 4K with 448GB/s, and with RT I would assume Sony would want more BW per TF then PC Navi has, therefore making 530GB/s too little. I don't know with how much MS will show up, but I would assume its going to be north of 600GB/s.

i suspect if this is true, this was much before. Ie 2017 would have been the re-design. And this would have come after Xbox One X released. Which, again, I recall reading some somewhere that Sony executives were surprised by the performance of the device and had to rethink their PS5 goals. But I have no clue where or when I read this, I could be entirely making it up. i've searched around to no avail.

Is there any evidence that PS5 was planned to be released in 2019?
insiders on resetera mainly - this was when there was a massive discussion around #team2019 and #team2020.
then this rumour came out
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasone...nys-playstation-5-vega-suffered/#38eb8c0524fd

that was in 2018.
My interpretation at the time (as with all PM things) moving a lot of resources like that is a sign that you are behind schedule. Scope change etc. I think i made a pretty fair argument there, but people wanted to look at it as Sony designing navi instead.
If the rework is true; we could be staring at 2018 their rush to catch up if the requirements were re-worked.

My main complaint of current gen is not necessarily load times, though they can get on my nerves, but downloading to play times. The time it takes to just get in the game from start of download is excruciating. I've been beating the drum for years that Microsoft needs to start looking at Numecent's Cloudpaging. It uses some kind of virtual machine voodoo to make downloading apps fast. What's the point of playing different games, from say something like Game Pass, if it takes forever to even download the game? Yes, load times are important, but with games getting larger & larger I think download times are more important for the mainstream audience because we're so use to instant streaming of content. Fix the download times first & then we can talk about load times next.

Tommy McClain

I'd love to see some sort of peer 2 peer solution so that multiple idling consoles (or consoles not currently using online game features) with the same version of a given piece of software can be used to download data to your console, effectively like a torrent. It could favour clients based on location too. There could of course be an opt-in/out prompt during setup. The servers would be the fall back.

It could increase speeds and reduce load on the servers.

I don't see how increasing CU count or GPU clocks would cause a development delay on a game planned for release window.

Sure sounds like Lockhart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back