CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

Even if they don't board the launching train for the next gen on this game, the game will still be playable on these machines as they both (big rumor that we all take for granted) be backwards compatible.
Then is a matter of seeing what kind of improvements these emulators will bring to the PS4-XBX games on the newer machines...

Even if they don't board the launching train for the next gen on this game, the game will still be playable on these machines as they both (big rumor that we all take for granted) be backwards compatible.
Sony, well.. Mark Cerny, confirmed this in April last year.

Then is a matter of seeing what kind of improvements these emulators will bring to the PS4-XBX games on the newer machines...

Making it playable on base xbox, yuck...what do they do run 540p? Blurry mess.

Insane how much power we need that formerly "next gen" consoles now cant run at Ps3/360 resolution probably.

Current-gen console performance rumoured to be behind Cyberpunk 2077 delay
Borys Niespielak, an apparent Poland-based insider, is reported as saying that CD Projekt Red had concerns about base Xbox One and PS4 performance back at GDC 2019, at which point one developer apparently said the game could not ship on those systems in its current form. Apparently the 2013 Xbox One is causing the most issues and with performance still struggling as of January, the game had to be delayed.
https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matt...e-rumoured-to-be-behind-cyberpunk-2077-delay/

You would think that would be something they would have figured out back in 2018 or earlier. It's not like the current gen is only a few years in.

Tommy McClain

Probably the same reason games get delayed in the middle of a generation? Or was something like TLOU2 delayed because they couldn't just dial things down? :p

Regards,
SB

I don't follow? The last of us 2 is just coming out on PS4, dial it down from what?

Anyways it was just a joke post based on the rumour it got delayed because it was running bad on the base consoles.

I don't follow? The last of us 2 is just coming out on PS4, dial it down from what?

Anyways it was just a joke post based on the rumour it got delayed because it was running bad on the base consoles.

Did you just casually leak the fact that you got a review copy or an alpha release of TLOU2?

You would think that would be something they would have figured out back in 2018 or earlier. It's not like the current gen is only a few years in.

Tommy McClain
How terrible it must be to do an optimization pass for console hardware that might benefit minimum framerates on PC. (╯°□°)╯︵︵︵︵︵︵.

I've been replaying The Witcher 3 and I've come to realise how very little variety there is in it from an RPG perspective. The skills and sign tree provide some variety in combat but Axii never reaches it's full potential. It would be great if it was a viable skill to use to not to have complete some quests. E.g. you need something or some information from someone and you just know to get this you need to find X, and to get they you need to find Y and so on, I'd like to Axii the bastard and get what I need without it. High intelligence NPCs or magic users can be immune but not of the population should be able to be tricked.

I hope Cyberpunk genuinely offers more choice in this regard. In interviews, they've implied it does but I've only seen different ways to kill people or stealth/evasion.

That was the point. Games get regularly delayed even when they only target one hardware specification...like TLOU2.

My post was also mostly in jest, hence the ": P" smiley, similar to your "/s". :)

But with also hint of non-jest for some random reader who might not have taken you post as a bit of a lark.

Regards,
SB

I hope Cyberpunk genuinely offers more choice in this regard. In interviews, they've implied it does but I've only seen different ways to kill people or stealth/evasion.

Same here. I'm hoping it at least offers a similar variety of approaches to solving things as the original Deus Ex, or even Vampire the Masquerade. When those games came out it seemed like we were on the verge of a golden age of RPG goodness. Instead everything after that plunged into a sea of RPG mediocrity. The dark ages of RPGs.

Thank goodness Kickstarter has (pun not intended) kickstarted another generation of really good RPGs. So, here's hoping that Cyberpunk moves more into being a good RPG rather then just being a really good open wold adventure game with some RPG elements like the Witcher series.

I do have hope, however, as they stated you can finish the game without killing anyone.

Also, considering they have 3 development teams working on the game, I wonder if maybe one team is focused on the story and RPG mechanics rather then just 3 teams building different parts of the world.

Regards,
SB

That was the point. Games get regularly delayed even when they only target one hardware specification...like TLOU2.
Uncharted 4 was first demo'd at 60fps. Neil Druckmann stated it was "really f**king hard". :yep2:

Picked up on resetera a few days ago, a source claims the reason or Cyberpunk 2077's delay is, and I'm paraphrasing here, shit performance on current gen consoles. Who'd have thought it!?! :runaway:

So playing this on PC or waiting for a native PS5 version. More likely the latter. CDPR games are generally better following a year of patches.

Who would have thought nextgen would be hitting after only 7 years? Some of CD Project Red even wanted to release The Witcher 3 on the PS360 generation. It seems their desire to maximize profits won out this time around and before even having stable performance builds. At least having to optimize for current-gen consoles will benefit medium level PC and let the game perform all the better on higher end PC and Next-gen consoles.

Back