Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wild ass guess without doing any research or looking into dates any facilities would be available is saying February 19th for anything Sony. Strictly based on it being a Wednesday and I like the number 19 more than 5 or 12.
You clearly don't know your Shakespeare, March 15 is the reveal

You clearly don't know your Shakespeare, March 15 is the reveal

I do, and if I had to pick dates for March that would be it. There would be mass hysteria if we skipped over February entirely and went to talking about March.

Feels more like we're close to an announcement of an announcement but not an announcement.

Pretty sure we’re super close to the announcement of how the [emoji2400] looks like next to the PS5 logo they announced two weeks ago. It’s going to be wild.

What do the numbers mean, mason
Nothing much, just that OPN matches to OPN found in Flute benchmark from June.

AMD Eng Sample: 100-000000004-15_32/12/18_13F9

Except that in leaked documents, in comparison to Flute, that OPN was already dated back to 10th of February.

Not that we didn't know 13F9, an iGPU from Flute, was Oberon, but its surprising it got OPN so early.

EN4CPe_VAAAUhhl.jpg

From this we know that around July there was a SOC benchmark, named Flute, which showed APU with 8 core Zen 2 with 1/4th of L3 cache, 3.2GHz clock, Oberon iGPU and 16GB of GDDR6 on 256bit bus.

Last edited:
With about 550GB/s of theoretical max GDDR6 bandwidth (Flute and Oberon B0) on all 16GB. About the same as XSX alleged bandwidth available on 10GB only. Odd. :yep2:

530GB/s real world results from the .xslm results. That's boosted from 448GB/s theoretical in the first iteration of Ariel test results.

For Arden, it's 16GB, mixed densities, 560GB/s theoretical (no test results). If we expect the same boost from earliest theoretical to latest real world result, Arden will end up at 660GB/s.

But MS contracted AMD engineers might not be as competent as Sony contracted AMD engineers since Xbox is poor, so Arden is going to stay at 560GB/s.

530GB/s real world results from the .xslm results. That's boosted from 448GB/s theoretical in the first iteration of Ariel test results.

For Arden, it's 16GB, mixed densities, 560GB/s theoretical (no test results). If we expect the same boost from earliest theoretical to latest real world result, Arden will end up at 660GB/s.

But MS contracted AMD engineers might not be as competent as Sony contracted AMD engineers since Xbox is poor, so Arden is going to stay at 560GB/s.
How do you magically go from 560 to 660 ? you know that 560GB/s theoretical mean lower real world results (like 540GB/s), not higher ?

Those similar bandwidth numbers of Oberon B0 and Arden must be a flaw in your firm belief of PS5 being 9.2 tf. It is an anomaly indeed.

That 560GB/s number was already deduced by some (maybe you?) from the first MS render reveal ! Just accept it. And we found that number in the github bible along with the 56CUs info.

I would advise you to look into documents themselves before pointing out inconsistencies.

The way they got to theoretical numbers for Arden and Oberon/Ariel is to take their bus width and use 14Gbps chips, which gave them - 448/560GBs of theoretical bandwidth. Using 14Gbpd chips will yield max theoretical bandwidth, but if they are to use higher clocked memory modules (say 16Gbps or even 18Gbps), then that number can go above theoretical (because its theoretical only for 14Gbps in the first place).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back