Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If PS5 is 13+TF, it will be very interesting to see how big is the die size and case.
The PS5 might be 13+ TF, but there hasn't been a single source/leak/prophet saying as much.

A SoC with all 40 CUs at 2.15GHz would do 11TF. That's less than 10% away from a 12 TFLOPs SeriesX.

At the same time, there's no 100% clear confirmation that the SeriesX is 12 TFLOPs. I'm pretty sure no one will be angry at Phil if it's actually 11.5 TFLOPs

I can't understand how something that could have a footprint significantly bigger than PS5 would cost a similar amount to make, ship and store as PS5.

This is what I'm being told, but it makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Materials cost money, weight costs money, space costs money...so a basic rule of thumb would suggest 50% bigger will mean these costs go up at least 25% (figures from my backside - but you get the point!)

I read it more as Microsoft went with this case so increasing the wattage costs a little more on each aspect, but this is easier physically to manage with more basic components so cost does not suddenly ramp upwards.

Of Sony has gone for a svelt slim case pumping the Watts will cost them a lot more in some aspects. They can deal with x amount of heat and after that it quickly becomes exponentially more expensive as that rises.

That's how it came over to me, not on a who costs more retail but potentially how these hot apus might cost to cool.

My wild ass guess without doing any research or looking into dates any facilities would be available is saying February 19th for anything Sony. Strictly based on it being a Wednesday and I like the number 19 more than 5 or 12.

Still expecting them to be pretty close in gpu power even if XSX has an edge. Some people take the Jim Ryan comment about mass transition to be all about low price when he was just talking about BC and developer ease of development, but then completely dismiss Sony CEO's comments as PR hype talk when he wasn't even talking to the gaming public. :p

Still expecting them to be pretty close in gpu power even if XSX has an edge. Some people take the Jim Ryan comment about mass transition to be all about low price when he was just talking about BC and developer ease of development, but then completely dismiss Sony CEO's comments as PR hype talk when he wasn't even talking to the gaming public. :p
I'm expecting them to be close as well. It's a reasonable take that their 1P studios know what they require to bring out next-generation graphics as they are in charge of the software development. This should in turn message back what they are missing from a hardware requirement if they 'had' it. Be able to visually show case the difference of graphics between each spec level.

Both have competent studios, and both work with the same 3P studios. They should have arrived to the same conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back