What's your view of Next-Gen Rumor Religions? +Poll! *excommunicado thread*

Which is the next-gen true faith (TF)?

• Orthodox Kleeism - PS5 is pretty much the same as XBSX at 12 TF

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't remember, Was there so much speculation before last generation about GPU flops?
To me its not that important, this gen having the more powerful CPU's is far more of a changer, most ppl agree that the ps5 / xbox one series x gpu will not be better than double the GPU in the existing xbox one x, yes?
And we agree the CPU will be more than double the power.
This and the faster storage are going to make more of a difference than a rough doubling of GPU's so why focus on this aspect?
I vote agnostic

But my faith remains strong with Mark Cerny, he's The One who we should trust in, the infallible overseer who would take no chance with PS5 and wavers not in the sheer terror of a 12 TF XBSX, by blessing us humble PS believers with a pixel nourishing 13 TF PS5 in the form of the final retail unit. Oh Great One, your servant Ultragpu is not worthy..
images

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm genuinely not fussed - but I can't believe it's a simple as just believing the Github leak, regardless of it's legitimacy.

There seems far too much smoke around PS5 being over 10TF...the only reason it's under that is if it was old speak, so in 2013 (or whenever the first talks for PS5 started) they said "we want a performance of over 10TF from PS5" and that 'mantra' stuck.

I find it hard to believe the 2GHZ as anything other than what I used to do when overclocking my PC, taking it as far as it can and then dialing it down a couple notches (bearing in mind I'd be using good cooling and PS5 will be mass manufactured). And if it is only ~8TF I can't help but wonder that their RT solution could be different to help compensate.

Either way I really think next gen TF isn't as important as the other upgrades; SSD>CPU>RT>TF...or something like that.

It's just bad math - MS said 12TF and Klee said PS5>XSX but within 10% so 'everyone' thinks Klee said 13TF.

Here's everything he's said;

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ne...h-thread-ot7-nm.148625/page-154#post-26722626

Whilst I'm not on the Klee is god bandwagon, he's definitely seen something that was very impressive and he wants to get people excited for next gen...I remember than when I had my visit from Sony back in the PS1 days and played F1 and Crash Bandicoot (before it had even been mentioned in magazines - it was a totally new game)...I recorded the footage of my playing and showed to some of the customers I knew better.

But my faith remains strong with Mark Cerny, he's The One who we should trust in, the infallible overseer who would take no chance with PS5 and wavers not in the sheer terror of a 12 TF Sex, by blessing us humble PS believers with a pixel nourishing 13 TF PS5 in the form of the final retail unit. Oh Great One, your servant Ultragpu is not worthy..
images
His job is make a most balance console, not put everything to stronger than rival console no matter the price just because.

Last edited:
But my faith remains strong with Mark Cerny, he's The One who we should trust in, the infallible overseer who would take no chance with PS5 and wavers not in the sheer terror of a 12 TF XBSX, by blessing us humble PS believers with a pixel nourishing 13 TF PS5 in the form of the final retail unit. Oh Great One, your servant Ultragpu is not worthy..

His job is chasing the casual market, like last time.

I'm genuinely not fussed - but I can't believe it's a simple as just believing the Github leak, regardless of it's legitimacy.

There seems far too much smoke around PS5 being over 10TF...the only reason it's under that is if it was old speak, so in 2013 (or whenever the first talks for PS5 started) they said "we want a performance of over 10TF from PS5" and that 'mantra' stuck.

I find it hard to believe the 2GHZ as anything other than what I used to do when overclocking my PC, taking it as far as it can and then dialing it down a couple notches (bearing in mind I'd be using good cooling and PS5 will be mass manufactured). And if it is only ~8TF I can't help but wonder that their RT solution could be different to help compensate.

Either way I really think next gen TF isn't as important as the other upgrades; SSD>CPU>RT>TF...or something like that.

Next consoles are also going to have less of a jump in memory, a ssd cant ever replace gddr or even ddr. The cpu is the biggest jump cause the jaguars where tablet cpus, slower then a 2006 intel quad core (think it wad DF comparing it to a Q6600).
The 2013 gpus at 1.8TF were about half of what was available, guessing that a big navi or 3080ti will be in the 16+ TF range, it seems in line with the ps4 at release for the ps5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next consoles are also going to have less of a jump in memory, a ssd cant ever replace gddr or even ddr. The cpu is the biggest jump cause the jaguars where tablet cpus, slower then a 2006 intel quad core (think it wad DF comparing it to a Q6600).
You're really not getting what SSD will bring to the table, it's a real game changer vs a good CPU.

Meh. Wouldn't be the first time a prophet/person was misrepresented in the basis of a religion.

Nostradamus predicted PS5 @ 13T too...

His job is chasing the casual market, like last time.

The 2013 gpus at 1.8TF were about half of what was available, guessing that a big navi or 3080ti will be in the 16+ TF range, it seems in line with the ps4 at release for the ps5.

You have a ratio to respect between storage speed and RAM size. Here the storage speed will improve between 72 times and 200 times or more on storage side compare to base consoles. It means you can fill the RAM faster than before. In RAM you don't have what you need to render next frame but much more. RAM is expensive why use more than you need? The HDD was so slow people were ready to have a huge first loading to preload as much as possible the RAM, because of faster storage consoles need less RAM. The most important part of the RAM will be the bandwidth.

If we had 100 MB/s HDD in next gen consoles would have need 64 GB of RAM in next generation consoles probably with a first loading between 5 to 7 or 8 minutes depending of the game. Fast travel would probably be unbearable in Open world games too.

SSD and CPU are the most important things in next gen consoles.

We miss one religion here, the Jason Schreier one.

Last edited:
I honestly would be super content if it's 11 TF, it really doesn't have to be 12 or 13 TF.
9.2 tho? I can see peeps sending the little boy from The Grudge to Jim's house and haunt him ceaselessly for 5 months straight.

You have a ratio to respect between storage speed and RAM size. Here the storage speed will improve between 72 times and 200 times or more on storage side compare to base consoles. It means you can fill the RAM faster than before. In RAM you don't have what you need to render next frame but much more. RAM is expensive why use more than you need? The HDD was so slow people were ready to have a huge first loading to preload as much as possible the RAM, because of faster storage consoles need less RAM. The most important part of the RAM will be the bandwidth.

If we had 100 MB/s HDD in next gewn consoles would have need 64 GB of RAM in next generation consoles probably with a first loading between 5 to 7 or 8 minutes depending of the game. Fast travel would probably be unbearable in Open world games too.

SSD and CPU are the most important things in next gen consoles.

We miss one religion here, the Jason Schreier one.

No matter what, consoles that launch in 2020/21 were always going to have an SSD, atleast in fast NVME form. There was never going to be a mechanical spinning drive in there. 32GB or as you say 64gb was never going to happen due to cost.
The CPU jump is as big as it is thanks to the gimped CPUs in the current gen, had the consoles had lets say a fast intel i7 for the time in 2013, the jump wouldn't be anything, well, that impressive as it will be now. This time around we will see more of a CPU/storage increase rather then massive GPU and ram increase, in special compared to the Pro and One X.

Anyway, i'm sure the PS5 will be a balanced machine, acceptable price and performance ratio, a nice 2020 console. It's just not about raw numbers anymore, i wouldn't be surprised if Sony has to downclock so anywhere between 8 and 9TF seems very realistic. If they launch with two SKU's, and one is a PC tower, a potentional PS5 Pro might be around XSX level of performance, at a higher price, which not many casuals will buy.

Edit:

That tweet about RTX2080, NV claimed the consoles where below that.

No matter what, consoles that launch in 2020/21 were always going to have an SSD, atleast in fast NVME form. There was never going to be a mechanical spinning drive in there. 32GB or as you say 64gb was never going to happen due to cost.
The CPU jump is as big as it is thanks to the gimped CPUs in the current gen, had the consoles had lets say a fast intel i7 for the time in 2013, the jump wouldn't be anything, well, that impressive as it will be now. This time around we will see more of a CPU/storage increase rather then massive GPU and ram increase, in special compared to the Pro and One X.

Anyway, i'm sure the PS5 will be a balanced machine, acceptable price and performance ratio, a nice 2020 console. It's just not about raw numbers anymore, i wouldn't be surprised if Sony has to downclock so anywhere between 8 and 9TF seems very realistic. If they launch with two SKU's, and one is a PC tower, a potentional PS5 Pro might be around XSX level of performance, at a higher price, which not many casuals will buy.

Edit:

That tweet about RTX2080, NV claimed the consoles where below that.

At 12 Tflops RDNA the Xbox Series X is not below 2080 at all.*:LOL: And Nvidia does not have Xbox Series X devkit. How is it possible to have an Intel i7 inside a 400/500 dollars console in 2013?:mrgreen:

Again I talk about if the console could not have a SSD inside it for example if the cost was like in 2013 for example.:LOL: There was no choice but to increase massively the RAM size or to have a big problem.

EDIT: *At least out of Raytracing before we know more about Xbox/AMD implementation

Last edited:
Meh. Wouldn't be the first time a prophet/person was misrepresented in the basis of a religion.
There was a post where he answers in the positive to xbsx being 12TF. And 5 times repeating PS5 is a little more powerful within 10%.

So he's saying ps5 is above 12 in a noticeable way, but less than 13.2

The disciples had to interpret the scripture so they wrote 13TF in the new testament. The old testament was lost in the mass self-ban event.

There was a post where he answers in the positive to xbsx being 12TF. And 5 times repeating PS5 is a little more powerful within 10%.

So he's saying ps5 is above 12 in a noticeable way, but less than 13.2

The disciples had to interpret the scripture so they wrote 13TF in the new testament. The old testament was lost in the mass self-ban event.

He actually said;

"There is no double digit performance difference.
Both PS5/Scarlett have double digit performance (I.e. over 10.0TF) "

See the link I posted above.

Other comments;

"PlayStation 5 is supposedly slightly more powerful than the Xbox Scarlett."
"To be fair, Matt predicted Scarlett is more powerful and he is probably more connected than I am, so....That said, I was told that yes, PS5 is more powerful. "
"my friend... who is developing software for both Next-gen consoles said PS5 has the edge."
"They are virtually the same "
"They both use Navi-based GPUs and are more powerful and feature rich than a 5700xt"
"Nah. It's fast, it just seems like Sony's SSD system (hardware /software)might be really, really fast."

I don't see what you're saying but maybe it's there somewhere?

He actually said;

"There is no double digit performance difference.
Both PS5/Scarlett have double digit performance (I.e. over 10.0TF) "

See the link I posted above.

Other comments;

"PlayStation 5 is supposedly slightly more powerful than the Xbox Scarlett."
"To be fair, Matt predicted Scarlett is more powerful and he is probably more connected than I am, so....That said, I was told that yes, PS5 is more powerful. "
"my friend... who is developing software for both Next-gen consoles said PS5 has the edge."
"They are virtually the same "
"They both use Navi-based GPUs and are more powerful and feature rich than a 5700xt"
"Nah. It's fast, it just seems like Sony's SSD system (hardware /software)might be really, really fast."

I don't see what you're saying but maybe it's there somewhere?
Sounds like he prepare for anything happens aka try to make sure not being banned in era.

Back