Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even era people care Tidux's tweet.
Though i'm not saying Feb 5 is fake, because that date actually make sense(also Zhuge hinted that earlier today at least), but trusting 4chan's "leak" will lead you to disappoint for sure, i mean that "leak" saying $499=449euro and "more discuss at E3" is ugh.

Last edited:
It might have been a wordplay, where it really means fortnight, meaning 2 weeks. OsirisBlack wrote the same thing IIRC.
2 weeks after January 22 is.. again, February 5.

Today, known leaker Tidux (who's been leaking new features on PS4 firmware updates for years, always on point) posted this:

13 days after today is February 5.

Also, Sony Square NYC's 25 years of play celebration ends February 5:

FeI3LgA.jpg

February 5 was first mentioned in the 4chan leak, IIRC.
The same leak who claimed the announcement event would be on NYC Sony Hall.

Tidux isn't reliable, IIRC.

Not even era people care Tidux's tweet.
Though i'm not saying Feb 5 is fake, because that date actually make sense(also Zhuge hinted that earlier today at least), but trusting 4chan's "leak" will lead you to disappoint for sure, i mean that "leak" saying $499=449euro and "more discuss at E3" is ugh.
Why disappoint? $499 = a big competitive PS5. If you want cheap, stay on your PS4.

Besides i seriously doubt they will announce the price this early, even they won't show up in E3 this time.

i mean that "leak" saying $499=449euro and "more discuss at E3" is ugh.
(...)
The problem isn't $499(or whatever price you want), it's saying it will be 50 lower in europe.

aq0WEVJ.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not terrible since that should include VAT whereas USD pricing doesn't ?
That's what makes it unbelievable.

The EU VAT-inclusive price isn't ever going to be a direct conversion of the US pre-sales-tax price, unless the prices are set just before a dramatic shift in exchange rates (and in that case, it won't last long before being "corrected").

Feb 5th has been mentionned in multiple predictions by journalists long before the 4chan "leak" (kindafunny and beyond I think were the first?). It was literally the most rational prediction: a wednesday and with enough room to breath before GDC.

They might not unveil ps5 there, it could be the 12th or 19th.
If Sony want the media to cover any PS5 reveal they either have to do the reveal somewhere the media already are, or have the give the media time to make arrangements. In 2013, the media has a little over three notice of the February event. Three weeks is really as short as you reasonably give. And by media I don't mean the gaming media, I mean coverage by big media - BBC, Reuters, morning/evening news shows around the world, The Times, the FT etc. I don't think new games consoles are really big news that media care about.

The only tech company who routinely gives the media less notice is Apple

The only tech company who routinely gives the media less notice is Apple
Sony going for gold here.
In any event, it's quite possible as a few fanboys have suggested (on other forums), Sony doesn't need the media to be successful.

So yea, lets go! Announce it in fortnite woot! can't wait
toot toot feb 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back