Next Generation Hardware Speculation with a Technical Spin [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it’s on someone’s 1960s carpet; yes; I do believe people have quite a bit of access to it.

How much does it cost?

It's limited to 3.7 because it only has 4 nand channels. If they made a similar one with 8 channel dram-less it would do 7.5 for a few buck more.

The hard part is processing the data at that speed, and having a software/hardware design that doesn't hit the memory multiple times, and doesn't trash caches.

Last edited:
I looked closely to see if I could tell anything about the layout by peering through the vents. Didn't get anywhere.

If you look closely on the left hand side you can see a pube though. :-?
Power supply components, it's the only things that are tall.

I can't help about the pube, my forensic specialty is just airflow.

I cannot, not with the horrible inlet surface. It can't be anywhere above 200W without noise compromises.
Are you assuming that the back port is the only inlet? Personally i expect the majority of the inlet is going to come from the bottom, wish we got a picture of that....

USB-A in 2020?
That means no 40Gbps USB4 for fast external storage, nor VirtuaLink VR connections, nor a bunch of other forward-looking stuff.

:(

What's the curved bit on the base? The bottom can't be curved or it won't stand up.

Are you assuming that the back port is the only inlet? Personally i expect the majority of the inlet is going to come from the bottom, wish we got a picture of that....
You'd get completely different airflow when stood upright versus placed on its side. There are any feet. Assuming it sits flat on the ground as per PR pics, and we ignore that curved bit, any bottom inlets will be blocked in the upright position, or very restricted. Thus air is almost certainly in those back ports and up out the top. Or, in from the top (through a nice removable, washable air filter>) and out the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back